DiMera Board

JasonDíSpeech

Reaction score
Remember when Stefan-Zero rolled into town and had been selected as the new CEO?

I wonder how the DiMeras of the day voted him in as CEO behind Chad's back? (André obviously helped him.) Which sibling did André use to get the board to vote? Why did Chad miss it?

Nephew Steven? Probably jailed Peter? Supposedly dead Kristen? Definitely dead & not-yet-resurrected Tony (no way would Anna agree to this plan)? Nephew Theo (doubtful since he thinks Chad hung the moon)? Widow Sami (EJ still not resurrected/hinted at but definitely not in voting shape)?

Of course, I'm joking. Ron doesn't even follow his own plot points!

What plot hole has bugged you the most?

LOL.......well, we all have talked of how Salemites never have scars from surgeries, & Philip no longer has a wooden leg (guess new medical miracle enables docs there to either graft on a new leg, or create one, maybe the same material as those magic masks they have that once you put in on your head, changes your height, weights, body type, etc. LOL)

Actually, tho a clever idea, I was not happy with how Days dealt with the death of Stefano. Not one bit. And having Steve & Shane pretend he was still alive was not the way to go. Stefano could easily been found dead, shot, been shipped to Italy for burial. The character was too strong a character to have his death treated so badly, plus Joe Mascolo deserved better.

I am confused as to why Mr. Shin and son have so much power. Totally forgetting that all you need it so have someone say you are a spawn of Stefano and voila you are now ready to be CEO of a multi national corporation.... outside of Gabi Chic (clothing and now dolls) what does this multi national corporation do?

That is an annoying thing here is this HUGE corporation requiring lawyers in Hong Kong but what does it do? How much overlap with Titan is there? Why would there be any overlap?

I never understood the point of all the Ben and Ciara wedding sabotages since Ron admitted even he didn’t know who actually did it all

That is how Re-Ron writes, so that eventually, it could be anyone they want, depending on what story they want to steal.

Maybe Stefano had a rule in the organizational papers when first incorporated, that the CEO had to be a DiMera decendent??? What I don't get is why & how Mr. Shin has all the say so he does.

DiMera Board Stories: They've changed the rules so many times, it's clear they don't think much of fans.

Ben & Ciara: Ron doesn't know how to write adventure stories at all. (Except for time travel ones, which I know many Days fans would reject.) To be fair to him (even though he doesn't deserve it), the show has no budget and it's not great with using sets creatively. So he finds silly ways to separate couples - who spend years getting to each other only to be married for a few weeks. It's ridiculous.

And that's before we factor in the actress playing Ciara's lack of desire to stay on the show, and the horrible tape delay. I mock Ron, but the truth is, the cards are stacked against him by Corday and NBC/Sony.

As they probably would be for any replacement headwriter. The cast all took paycuts, but even that did not help. NBC just cannot get it thru their thick heads that it gets boring for the viewers to just have characters talking to each other in the same room constantly. Yes, I know the pandemic limited everything, but it still boils down to NBC unwilling to part with a few $$$ more. (Personally, I think Days could save themselves some $$$ & stop shopping at those high end stores that provide ugly clothes, that cost 50 times more than they are worth. One can wear a $40 shirt, top, etc. and it looks and fits well, instead of the $250 ones that might fit well, but doesn't always look too good. LOL

But but but what would Victoria Konefal/Ciara Brady Weston wear if it wasn't designer clothing.... she seems to be the driving force this head writer writes for.... The I want to be here and work for this 1 month period a year so make me beautiful while I do it then she heads out to what she perceives as greener pastures, so far they haven't been so she keeps coming back. Meanwhile she has a huge fan base with Ben so they are now the Golden Couple not Sami and EJ......

LOL.......well, we all have talked of how Salemites never have scars from surgeries, & Philip no longer has a wooden leg (guess new medical miracle enables docs there to either graft on a new leg, or create one,...
When I read that Johnny was coming back to town it occurred to me that his pick-up line at Salem bars would be to ask some poor girl if she'd ever guess that he used to have a glass eye.
I am confused as to why Mr. Shin and son have so much power.
Perhaps, Shin was once Stefano's partner in crime for Asian operations and when the Phoenix realized what a sorry lot his children and grandchildren were (especially EJ), he gave the trusted Shin the power to select the least incompetent of his descendants to run the company.
it still boils down to NBC unwilling to part with a few $$$ more.
If NBC could spend a fortune promoting its coverage of the Olympics, which drew disappointing ratings, why can't they throw a few more bucks at Days, which is right in the middle of its afternoon line-up?

Back