Do you know Australia Missed episodes?

Daysnet Australia

Reaction score
Apart from 2000 when we jumped four years of DAYS OF OUR LIVES - there was the Stockholm storyline where Steve & Kayla were caught in a water vat - Bo was working with his father Victor and Hope and Roman were there looking for ORPHEUS.

No one has any idea how we felt when the commentator came on the TV and said they had lost 11 episodes of the show "But here's what happened....."

Other episodes went missing here and there and I remember every single one of them along with our television station trying to put an hour's worth of DOOL into half an hour in favour of "Australia's Favourite Sport - Cricket".

It hasn't happened in years but it happened during the Bo & Hope Era and I still get upset over something that happened so long ago.

Have you ever missed an episode you were craving and lived to regret it?

Kris
Melbourne, Australia

What I wish I had seen and missed were some episodes that went on before I began watching the show. Like Bo & Hope's wedding in London.

Yes, but I don't remember actually what they were. Once it was a big climax in a long & drawn out story. I used to tape on the VCR and I had just forgotten to set the VCR. There was no youtube then either. I was pretty upset. Of course there were also times the power went out or it was pre-empted for some local emergency. Yep, gone forever.

I actually had to watch on youtube recently the episode where Sami told EJ that Grace was his daughter. We had a power outage and I got nothing on the DVR. That was a big episode!

I missed Zack's funeral. I really was disappointed to miss that.
Also a few years ago SOAPNET had a Bo and Hope Through the Years marathon that I did not get to see.

This wasn't an entire episode missed, but I'm still upset about all the NBC News interruptions during Tom Horton's funeral service to talk about O.J. Simpson.

Dr. Chip.......that truly was uncalled for. I agree. But then, the media does tend to hock onto something and beat it to death.......But someone - actually it was Jason 47..managed to post the links to you tube clips of his funeral the other day, and it was lovely - no NBC breaks at all.

Speaking of Days being preempted for the OJ trial...our local NBC affiliate would show Days each day right after the trial coverage ended...don't remember the time but we didn't miss any episodes (there must have been a fan working at the station)....but the point to my little story (yes, I do have a point, this time) is that a friend of mine stated to me...."that's pretty nice of the judge to stop the trial everyday so that we don't miss Days of our Lives" and she was serious..... :duh:

Another frustrating time was during the Iran-Contra hearings. They aired hours and hours of that stuff. Some days, part of the show would be interrupted and we would join it already in progress. Other days, we missed the whole thing. NBC tried to accommodate viewers by airing it after the hearings, but, if I remember correctly, they didn't always end at the same time every day. So it was hard to set the VCR, not knowing if the show would come on at 12:30 or 2:00. I would sometimes set the VCR to tape for four hours and just hope that I would catch "Days" in there somewhere.

And I'm getting a little off topic here, but I also remember anxiously awaiting the returns of Deidre Hall and Wayne Northrop as Marlena and Roman. Wayne's Roman was to be revealed in the last scene of an episode. Just as the camera panned up to show his face, the cable went haywire and there was a bunch of static. I was ticked! :)

I regret not being able to see the show from the beginning. I would have loved to see Alice and Tom back in the 1960's.

Tom and alice in the 60's were amazing, back when the show respected people over a certain and still thought of them as useful. They were truly the sweetest couple, with so much chemistry. I just adored them.

I missed Carrie and Austin's first wedding where they really got married. Just waiting for Dr. Chip to put it on the 25 years ago

I remember one time I think in the early 80's that there was something to do with an election (a debate or something) that pre-empted Days... so many people (as it was quoted back then..housewives) called the tv channels, they promised to no pre-empt days the rest of the election.

Apart from 2000 when we jumped four years of DAYS OF OUR LIVES - there was the Stockholm storyline where Steve & Kayla were caught in a water vat - Bo was working with his father Victor and Hope and Roman were there looking for ORPHEUS.

No one has any idea how we felt when the commentator came on the TV and said they had lost 11 episodes of the show "But here's what happened....."

Other episodes went missing here and there and I remember every single one of them along with our television station trying to put an hour's worth of DOOL into half an hour in favour of "Australia's Favourite Sport - Cricket".

It hasn't happened in years but it happened during the Bo & Hope Era and I still get upset over something that happened so long ago.

Have you ever missed an episode you were craving and lived to regret it?

Kris
Melbourne, Australia

DaysNetAustralia..... I am an Aussie too.... and I hear you.... back in the 80s school holidays were the only time I got to watch DOOL.... and it was off air for most of the summer in favour of what I have always considered the most boring sport in the world.... I have NEVER understood our countries facination with that sport... besides the fact that it is an excuse for our blokes to sit on the lounge all day in a singlet and double pluggers getting hammered on VB! (sorry fellow board members, but that is an analogy that only an Aussie will probably understand!).

Back