Does anyone else have the same problem I do on this website?

I just "appreciated" one of your responses and this is the error code I got!

It is just your website i am having trouble with. I might check out another borwser but I've never done that before!
Thank you for all your repsponses.
The following error occurred:

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@salemspectator.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.
More information about this error may be available in the server error log.
Apache Server at www.salemspectator.com Port 80

Another thing that happens is I get a error code after I click on "Post Reply".
The following. It happens often.

You must wait at least 16 seconds before performing this action.

If I wait & do it again my post shows up twice! I learned to look at the last page when I post & get that error.

Well, this much at least is not an error (per se).. The "you must wait at least xyz" message simply means that you're being too industrious and posting too quickly. It's the site's own way of protecting itself against spammers -- or really spambots -- who post dozens of messages per minute. If they get away with it, it would mean dozens if not hundreds of spam messages on the site before anyone could stop it.

It also helps stop people who're maybe upset at something from hammering the site with replies made out of anger or frustration.

I'd have to check the settings, but I believe it restricts you to one post per every 30 seconds or so, just to make sure you're not a bot.

Wayne

I just "appreciated" one of your responses and this is the error code I got!

It is just your website i am having trouble with. I might check out another borwser but I've never done that before!
Thank you for all your repsponses.

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@salemspectator.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.
More information about this error may be available in the server error log.
Apache Server at www.salemspectator.com Port 80

That's an actual error message, but I'd have to be able to replicate it to troubleshoot it.

You say you were clicking on the "appreciate" button when it happened?

If you're used to Internet Explorer, you might actually try to simply upgrade your browser (IE) to a later version. There should be a menu option (probably under Help) which says "check for updates")

IE version 7 which I recall you mentioning is about 2-3 years old IE is at version 10 now) so it's possible (but highly unlikely) that it's just getting to that point where it needs to be upgraded. I understand that you say it's just this site, but that begs the question of "how many sites do you visit, and how many of those use the same software we do (Xenforo)??"

I just want to thank you for your help. I finally upgraded to IE8 & have not had a problem with your website since.
I am a happy camper!
THANKS MUCH:hug:

Back