Does anyone remember that John Black is a Dimera by birth?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jerri

Reaction score
Does anyone remember that John is a Dimera by birth, that he's Stefano's half brother? and that would make Brady Stefano's cousin. So much for family ties.... So all of Sami's kids are "cousins" of the Dimera's by extension of John and Marlena's marriage. That Belle is a Dimera cousin and she's also married to a Brady who is really a Kiriakas (Shawn D). You would think that there were only Dimera's, Horton's and Kiriakas and Brady's in Salem. Pretty soon someone is going to be their own grandpa.

Sami's kids don't count though because she is Roman Brady's child, not John Black's. Belle is though and she is married to Shawn D. (I don't know if there is more than one post, I replied twice because I omitted Sami)

And it is all in how you accept the rewrite of John's back story. Reilly played havoc with Days characters. John's history has always been that Daphne DiMera gave birth to John, who was the result of an affair she had with another man. She gave him to her her sister to raise, and he was named Forest Alamain. Lawrence was a bit jealous of Forest, there was a pool accident, and his mother sent Forest away to boarding school, with vivian being the only one who knew. Eventually Stefano learned of this, got hold of John and thus began all the experiments with his brain and memory, holding him hostage, Rolf in the lab, etc. John thus became a priest at some point, was in the art theft business with Princess Gina....and eventually brainwashed and given Roman Brady's memories. He was given a host of abilities, memories, etc.

As to Shawn Brady's sister. She left her son in an orphanage, and was unable to learn what couple took him. She eventually settled on the Alamain family, who knows for what reason. I really loved Shirley Jones in the story, but as far as I was concerned, she was mistaken, John was not the son she lost. Heck, Tony DiMera & John had the same mother, and had tests to make sure. And Tony is NOT the bio son of Stefano.

That was too much for me to even wrap my head around LOL

The thing is...Even though headwriters came and went, they all stuck to the "past" or non past that John had. It was a huge story when the man in the bandaged face was revealed as Roman (tho he was John) and it played that way for several years (John as Roman).

But when Reilly came aboard, after trying to kill off all the vets and having to bring them back....well he then decided to mess with all the characters and so we got the DiMera feud escalating so far that a seed had to be planted in a Brady woman, and ev entually Sami having to marry EJ (remember the black wedding dress, and the marriage in name only?) Lexie taking up with Tek, John's heritage changed. (as was the personalities of other characters as well) Reilly's tenure was a debacle, and the best thing that ever happened was when Corday got up enough gumption to fire him (NBC had forced him to hire Reilly).

It was Hogan Sheffer, not Reilly, who was responsible for the "seed planting" scheme, the vendetta, the forced EJ and Sami marriage, the Santo and Colleen mess and John's backstory being changed. Sheffer was hired in July, 2006 and I believe his stories began airing in October, 2006. There are a lot of things you can blame Reilly for, but those debacles aren't some of them.

LOL, you know, I was trying from memory, trying to remember what Sheffer did and what Reilly did, and I knew I should have looked it up. I do know Sheffer had no clue as to any Days history, replaced all the asst. writers with his own people, assigned a few to "research" past story, and then plunged ahead.
However, Reilly is the one who brought the Black Glove to town. Sheffer was supposed to do his magic, but failed miserably, and only lasted around 2 years.
Reilly is the one who got Hope pregnant with Patrick as the father, Lexie's affair with Tek, put Shawn with Mimi, Philip with Belle, brought in Alex North to break apart John & marlena......

It's really amazing how they were willing to change the character of show by messing with the veterans, creating relationships that had basis in the show's long history or for their fans who have watched for decades. I hope that as the show continues for the next 2 years (and hopefully beyond) that the writers will try to be respectful of the characters and those who watch day in and day out. The success and longevity of this show is because of the viewers.

And it is all in how you accept the rewrite of John's back story. Reilly played havoc with Days characters. John's history has always been that Daphne DiMera gave birth to John, who was the result of an affair she had with another man. She gave him to her her sister to raise, and he was named Forest Alamaie. Lawrence was a bit jealous of Forest, there was a pool accident, and his mother sent Forest away to boarding school, with vivian being the only one who knew. Eventually Stefano learned of this, got hold of John and thus began all the experiments with his brain and memory, holding him hostage, Rolf in the lab, etc. John thus became a priest at some point, was in the art theft business with Princess Gina....and eventually brainwashed and given Roman Brady's memories. He was given a host of abilities, memories, etc.

As to Shawn Brady's sister. She left her son in an orphanage, and was unable to learn what couple took him. She eventually settled on the Alamain family, who knows for what reason. I really loved Shirley Jones in the story, but as far as I was concerned, she was mistaken, John was not the son she lost. Heck, Tony DiMera & John had the same mother, and had tests to make sure. And Tony is NOT the bio son of Stefano.
John Black is Santos/Coleen son. Daphne gave Lawrence Alamain to her sister when he was a baby not John.Coleen gave John to the Alamains to keep when she fell ill.The Alamains adopted John. When John was trying to claim the Dimera Enterprise he couldn't because he was no longer legally
a Dimera. The people were afraid to cross the Dimeras.

:rotfl: Sometimes I forget where I parked the car, just to run into a store for a couple of things, and swear to myself that the darn "don't remember the damn thing" police will come in and tow it away. I think it is much more important to find one's car in a hurry, than remember that John was, Now who did you say he was born to..... Now I ask you, what difference does it make?:rotfl::beat:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back