Doom and Gloom

Moira

Reaction score
Tired and more tired. Did we really need to bring back Eric? I know Abby's hairstyle has taken a lot of hits but what the heck happened with Eric's "do" and why does he look like Breaking Bad?

Chloe and Claire are nonredeemable to me. Yes there is a Yin and a Yang but darkness falls over the land again. Deimons (yes, I meant to spell it that way) is going from one thug tactic to another. Most women would find that endearing and make them want to be with the man. Right?? Gag.

Apparently Eric's hairstyle is due to the project Greg Vaughan (Eric) was working on before going back to Days.

Actually, I like that he shaved and is letting the hair grow. Meaning Eric

Yes, Days is full of doom & gloom, which perhaps is why there will be a new writing team coming on board. but Eric appears to be shedding his "I don't deserve to be happy" persona.

Deimos is antagonizing entirely too many people. And why no "advice" from Victor? Because of Deimos's actions, Sonny was taken and beat up, Philip left town, Chloe took Nicole to court to gain custody of Holly, causing Nicole to take Holly, go on the run and Brady to go help her. Deimos also held Chad & Gabi prisoner in a meat locker, where they nearly died. He stole property belonging to another dangerous family, setting up a 3 way family war. Sonny has pleaded with him. And Vic just sips his brandy, ignoring it all.

As to Chloe, in a way I feel bad for the actress, who certainly did not anticipate the storylines she has been given. But then, her 1st pregnancy changed story, she had to take a maternity leave, and now she is pregnant again. So, guess the show has to write around that. And what has been done to the character of Claire is truly a shame.

A kidnapping. Wow they haven't done that, in about 2 minutes!! Is that all they can think of?

Saw Nadia Bjorlin (Chloe) is pregnant again. She better not steal another of Nicole's embryos! :rotfl:She might though, to replace Holly!

Last edited by a moderator:
For me, Eric is one of the few bright spots on this show. I'd like to see where he and Jennifer go from here.

Brady is fast becoming not redeemable to me. He's abandoned Tate to help Nicole out with Holly, leaving him behind in the same house with Deimos who is upset with him for helping Nicole. He mentioned to Nicole today that he wanted to stay in Canada with her with no thought at all to his young son. Nicole is the one who is constantly bringing up Tate's name. It's like Brady forgets him until he is reminded of him:angry:.

I am so sick and tired of Chad/Gabi/Abby. I am glad Gabi might be moving on to Eli, but I am not as into Chad/Abby as I was before with a different actress playing Abby. The new actress playing Abby is good, but I don't care for her and Chad together like I did before. I may like them together under new writing, but for now I think they should be apart and we can see her character grow away from Chad.

The teens are unwatchable. I don't care for Claire at all and I think they are trying to write a new version of Sami with her. Ciara is boring and nothing at all like Lauren Boles (young Ciara). I wish they could de-SORAS Ciara and bring Lauren Boles back. Joey is also not interesting and needs a new story.

Most fans feel the "doom and gloom" pall over Days and we discuss it. Generally we agree we need a head writer who knows what made Days the best soap for a decade and strives to achieve that now. High hopes but guarded emotions. Time will tell.

Back