Downton Abbey

Busy night, last night!
I'm wondering if "Peter Coyle" that Baxter is protecting is not, in fact Tomas' father and since she is under the impression he's dying thinks the story will end there.
and Tomas is not off seeing to his dying father, is he looking into a job or a new personality?
GO Violet!! and a Russian Prince, no less!!! Did she or didn't she? Was is just a flirtation or more . . . . .

I liked the 2 programs that our station showed (before and after) the season opener "The Manners of Downton" and the one about Highclere Castle

Our station showed some British baking show before. LOL
If Thomas's father is rallying, as Carson said, and Thomas is taking vacation time, want to bet he is seeking out something else with which to hold over Baxter's head? Thomas is sly, conniving, and has a goal. Heck, he might even want to help get rid of Bates, or learn Lady Edith's "secret".

Shame on Mary for involving Anna in her extra curricular activities. Wasn't bad enough Anna had to go purchase for Lady Mary, now she has to take it home to hide it. Heck, that huge mansion has plenty of places Lady Mary could use, without relying on Anna, and causing her to have to keep secrets from her husband.

Interesting idea about Mr Coyle being Thomas' father. I wondered if
Mr Coyle might be making a visit to Downton Abbey.

I wondered who was going to see Mary with Tony. It had to be Spratt.
Interesting remark Mary said to him later since he thought she
was at a conference. "I learned a lot .. what I didn't know before"
I think Mary has decided she doesn't want Tony after all. Was
he that bad in bed :)

Poor Edith. Now she can't see Marigold and what happened to
the photo that was under her pillow after the fire. Last time,
we saw it Mrs Hughes had it.

The name for Miss Bunting is interesting since she's always butting
in when she shouldn't be.

Thomas magazine page.jpg
I enjoyed last night's episode.

What an dinner party. Robert needs to control his
temper and listen to his mother about Cora.

So what is Thomas doing? I couldn't see the magazine,
so I looked for it. I'm posting small so you can read
the title.

Thomas magazine page.jpg

He was taking some kind of drug. Not sure if legal or an illegal one.

O.K. I made the mag larger, but I cannot read it. I thought maybe he was wrestling with his sexuality, but he may have some medical issues. Baxter did say something about realizing it was not his father who was sick, that he had gone away so he himself could be treated. He slammed the door on her.

I loved Lord Merton's proposal to Isobel, really was lovely.

and for sure, shame on Miss Bunting, for purposely antagonizing her host. And on Ms. Patmore for not admitting she had been scolding Daisy for not tending to her chores, instead burying her nose in the books.
Agree Lord G needs to watch his temper, but then, Cora already knew he was bothered by the art fellow, and then poor Edith. I am guessing that soon, the truth will come out about Marigold, and Lady Mary...hmmm. Seems her suitor is unable to take no for answer, and while she thinks she has taken care of it...am thinking he is going to be back, and insistent.

I think it might be awhile before we know what's wrong with Thomas.
Some wonder if he is trying to change his sexuality. And we can
only read the title of magazine ad or article so far.

I want to like Miss Bunting but she aggravates me. She had her point made with Daisy's testimonial and Lord Grantham conceded somewhat, even if to save face. But she kept pushing. Push a little at a time, not knock it all down at once. Lord Grantham isn't a bad guy, he's just stubborn. But we've seen him eventually soften somewhat. Like how he didn't want to do the housing plan the way it was proposed, but yielded to looking to find a plan that would fit better with the look and feel of the village. It's still progress.

Thomas, oh I worry for him. I think Jimmy leaving and Baxter shunning helping him has sent him into a downward spiral. For all his schemes, it is hard to remember how he is struggling to fit in and survive in time that abhors and punishes people for their sexual orientation.

Mary, I do wish to know exactly what changed Mary's mind about Tony. Perhaps it was just a cloud of lust that finally lifted after she did sleep with him and now the mystery is gone, she doesn't see him in the same clouded gaze? And it would be all too cozy for her to marry an aristocrat and not someone she can intellectually spar with like Charles.

Lord Merton's proposal was so sweet. How could she not at least think it over? And I'm so intrigued by the Dowager's backstory now.

From my perspective, Mary has always been fickle. She didn't really want Mathew until he'd finally settled on someone else. She only wants what she can't have. I really don't like how they're suddenly writing Tony as an obsessed manic. It seems out of character to me. I think he's better off without her.

Interesting episode with Robert playing tackle with Mr Bricker. I hope
next week, he's talking to Cora again. Mary and Violet both
noticed something was going one.

Sad scenes with Edith and maybe having Marigold sent away.

What's going happen next with Anna and Bates? I think Thomas
is up to something again.

Good episode. Violet was trying to get Isobel to tell her what she decided about Lord Merton, and Isobel was right..he should know before anyone else. Wonder why Edith is calling London.
I really loved that they filmed while it was raining, and WAS raining. (Unlike Days where it never does anything...wind, rain, snow, sleet, tornado, etc.)
Thomas is just entirely TOO nosy. I really hate that both Anna & Bates are under suspicion,
and loved Lord Grantham socking it to Bricker, though it is a shame he will barely speak to Cora now.

Good episode. I'm glad Isobel is going to accept Lord Merton's proposal.

I wonder what will happen next Bates since the ticket burned
(or was it) proved his innocence.

I'm glad Thomas went to the doctor. More and more people
are learning about him.

Best line of show goes to Violet to Mary "about a man wearing Mary's clothes"
I laughed out loud.

I'm glad Edith left with Marigold. It must be hard for her to
live at Downton especially with Mary as a sister.

Also thought it a good show, but then every episode is very well done. I watched the "Manners of Speaking", or whatever it is called after.......the round table discussion of what just happened on the show. They had a phone interview with the actor who plays Thomas, and, my goodness, he has a completely different accent in real life. I saw a televised appearance by a great many of the cast last fall, when they visited America, and most sound just as they do on the show.
And by the way, just as in America there are "accents" depending on where you live, the same goes for England.

It was either lady Mary or Cora who burned that ticket....threw it in the fireplace. I truly hope that the investigation is dropped. Obviously Thomas sent a letter to the police, which is what has them snooping around. Let's hope he steps up and admits he just wanted to make some trouble for Bates as he was jealous.

I'm glad Edith left with Marigold. It must be hard for her to
live at Downton especially with Mary as a sister.
I've never been a huge fan of Lady Mary, but her self absorption in this episode reminded me of exactly why. Edith is no saint, but Mary's always been oblivious to her concerns.

In that show that follows, it was suggested "what if" Edith's aunt, the one who went with her and took care of her while she was pregnant, and had the baby......what if Edith herself is actually that aunt's child, given to Lord & Lady Grantham to raise. Interesting idea. Not sure if or how that would work....

That would be interesting. I wonder how Edith would feel if she wasn't really
a Grantham after all.

Another good episode.

Poor Edith, she was trying to explain to everyone about Marigold
then we find out Isis has cancer. I started to cry. My dog had that.

Anna knows something is going on with Marigold.

Dinner was interesting especially with the "foreign" word.
I wonder what will Isobel decide now since the Dickie's sons don't like her.

Happy for Rose. I hope they get married.

Back