Dumb things I love.....

What a nice thread Poirot :)

I love the smell of fresh mowed grass.
I love reading when I go to bed....just me and my book and my book light..nice and quiet. The only time in the day I get to really relax.
I love new books - I smell them :rotfl:it's the best smell in the world.
Count me in on the sleeping children. Had that pleasure last night. Three grandkids in my house, peeked in on all of them. I chuckle at the positions they sleep in.
I love it when my pup jumps in bed with me in the morning and cuddles up before it's time to get up and go outside.
I love when the flowers I plant bloom just right and the color palette I selected just works.
I love getting home from work and put on comfy clothes - pure heaven!
I love saying thank you - and they respond you're welcome - that doesn't happen very much anymore.

I live on top of a hill and can see a long distance in nearly every direction. Houses, barns, etc. are scattered widely, miles apart. The roads to get anywhere take lots of turns and curves. I love to take my binoculars outside and pick out things I can recognize, which are maybe 10 or so miles away, as the crow flies, but 15 or 20 miles by traveling the roadways. It's a little like solving a mystery, to pick out something from here, and identify it as what I've seen when driving down the highway or on the back roads.

Oh, this thread is absolutely marvelous.

I'm very happy to see that most of my favorite things and things to do are already posted. Guess I'm not so weird after all. :)
A few others I have:

- I love to do crossword and all other puzzles in ink. It just doesn't "feel right" with a pencil.

- When I cross stitch, I always leave one "X" in the pattern uncrossed as a "/". I first did it accidently when I stitched a robot pillow for my nephew when he was 4 years old. He thinks I originally put in the mistake as a puzzle for him to find. Now at 33, he still looks for the "/" when he requests that I make something for him. He enjoys looking for it, and I enjoy watching him do it.

- I love seeing baby tomatoes, peppers, etc. grow on plants that I'm raising myself.

I get it about doing crosswords in ink, RS. Not only does it not feel right in pencil, it doesn't look right to me. Too faint or something.

I love rain.. the smell and the sound mmmm love it

I love clean sheets lol As a little girl and even now sometimes freshly clean sheets might make me giggle...don't know why

I love this channel on Youtube where someone posted stock footage of just going down the road it's wonderful to see people going about their business in the 40's 50's 60's and a little 70's. Seeing old businesses just life going on no acting just real reality of years past. Sometimes I feel like I belong in a past time it just looked so much more civilized lol than now. A big plus you can see clothes aka pants pulled up where they belong and not someone's pants hanging down and showing their drawers aka underwear :)

I love getting to lick the spatulas or beaters from the mixer when someone makes cookies or cakes. Childhood in a nutshell there...and pure bliss.
I love the smell of line-dried linens. I don't like the stiff feeling of most line-dried clothes, but the sheets...once they're on the bed...I cozy up in them and sniff and am happy.
Speaking of smell, I sniff books. Old ones, new ones. Doesn't matter, as long as there is no mold or water damage (long, awful story of having to go through years worth of damaged items my library had stored). When I worked in the library, a coworker and I had two discarded books we kept in her office, simply to take a sniff of every now and then.
Obviously I love books and libraries.
I love to watch the clouds and the shapes they form.
In the winter, I love putting on clothes straight from the dryer. Such a warm and wonderful feeling.

I too am a Disney freak and I love the feeling I get walking down Main Street USA towards that magical castle at either Disneyland or Walt Disney World. A Disney park is my true happy place. I'm very fortunate to be in a profession that allows me to visit the parks several times a year in an economic way.
I love Hallmark Channel movies and classic Disney movies. I could watch these repeatedly. I'm currently hooked on The Little Mermaid II: Return to the Sea probably because it shows what happens after Ariel and Eric's Happily Ever After.
I love Little House On the Prairie, my all time favorite show. My favorite episode is from Season 6, "He Loves Me, He Loves Me Not". I am contemplating heading to Walnut Grove, MN this Summer for the show's 40th Anniversary Reunion. I've met both Melissa Gilbert (Laura Ingalls) and Alison Arngrim (Nellie Olsen) twice.
I love no longer having to commute to Manhattan as I now work from home.
I love books and visiting used bookstores and book sales.
I love social media and the connections I've made on there.
I love reading USA Today and watching the local news when I travel yet I rarely do either when home.
I love dry shampoo and how it instantly makes your hair feel fresh.
I love NY style pizza and rarely eat pizza when traveling, unless it's a flat bread style.
I love Canada.
I love Zumba and being able to dance mindlessly and get a great workout from it.

Oh....oh.....oh......I love Little House on the Prairie too. The movies and New Beginning. That is so cool you met "Half Pint" and "Nellie"......twice!!

You go to the post you want to quote and hit "reply", when it appears in the next open box, go down and copy it, then go to your own post, hit the edit button and add it above your comments, using "paste". Then hit the "save changes" button.

You also can go to the post you want to quote, hi-light & copy the part you want to quote....then go to your own post, click on edit, paste your copied words where you want them. Hi light them, and click on the quote signs above the post. Voila.

I love learning something new and just did, lol. If I highlighted text before to quote, I was using my cursor to try and click between the "quote" brackets. Not that easy to do, lol. Duh

LOL Muzza, I didn't know I could paste and then hit quote. I can be dense sometimes!

Back