EJ Shoots John Dec 28, 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steffee

Reaction score
Whether EJ shot John or not has come up on other fan sites so I reviewed the You Tube Video of EJ shooting John on 12-28-2006 there was a surprise you'll find below:

"E.J. cocks the gun and talks about brother versus stepbrother and good versus evil. John just thinks E.J. is pathetic and a pawn to Stefano...except that he is doing it of his own free will. E.J. mocks Marlena’s psychobabble. John figures that Marlena is a smart cookie and would know just what to make of a very small man holding a very big gun. E.J. tells him that his hit list also includes Bo Brady and Steven Johnson. John asks why Bo and Steve, EJ says Brady's, enemies of the family,traitors,scores need settling. EJ tells John there is a secret assassin who will take care of them. John asks who this secret assassin is and EJ decides to tell him who the secret assassin is because he figures John can take the information straight to the grave. John is shocked when EJ says it's dear ole Alice Horton who has been in place for years. John has a hard time believing it. He thinks E.J. has gotten careless and thinks the secret assassin will as well. (In the shadows we see Tek slip around the door looking through a somewhat cloudy/dirty window into a dark room). John goes to attack E.J. and they wrestle. E.J. shoots John in the back, looking a little surprised that the gun went off. John slides to the ground unconscious and EJ takes off. Tek runs to John and checks his pulse then runs to the car to get Lexie. Once inside Lexie wants to know who did this, Tek says EJ Wells, he didn't see his face but he was the same height and size. Lexie wants Tek to leave so Abe doesn't find out they were together and Tek tells her she would have to tell the cops she saw who shot John, Tek to Lexie "you have to tell them it was EJ Wells".

Alice Horton a secret assassin for the Dimera's has anyone ever heard that before? Or was EJ just pulling John's leg?

johnej1.jpg
Well, I got curious, so went over to read the Early Edition summary for that episode. And here is how Laney reported part of it....
At the Boathouse…
EJ holds John at gunpoint and John tells him that he knows it was Stefano that sent him to kill him. They talk about the history between John and Stefano and John talks about how he was Stefano’s pawn but he turned his back on him…he would never want to live in Stefano’s world. EJ tells him he won’t have to worry about that much longer. Meanwhile, Roman is trying to reach John on his radio but can’t get an answer (EJ disabled it). John asks EJ what makes him think he will succeed in killing him where Stefano failed so many times. He says that Stefano realized early on that EJ had the right stuff as John says the gene pool is getting rather shallow. (Man, there is just way too much dialogue here). EJ says that HE never disappointed his father or let him down and John says he is true to his name…he really is “nothing but a Hound Dog”. EJ is not amused by John’s banter and talks about how he will inherit the DiMera empire. They hear sirens as EJ says that John betrayed the family and everything they stood for. John remarks that he just saw Stefano and he can’t even stand anymore. EJ says his health may be failing but his power will never die. John reminds him that he has a backup, but EJ reminds him that Roman has no idea what is going on.

Meanwhile back at the boathouse…
EJ tells John it has come to this…good vs. evil. John says that EJ has become a pawn himself, but with him he is doing it of his own free will. EJ tells him that he won’t be alone in the afterlife…there are others to die…Bo Brady and Steve Johnson are two of them. John asks why and he tells him that they are Bradys and there are scores to settle. While they are talking Tek walks up and overhears them. EJ also tells John that he has someone helping him…a secret assassin, but won’t tell John who. (EJ even jokes that it could be sweet Alice Horton for all he knows.) He talks about living in Salem undetected and working his way into everyone’s lives. John makes a move and as they struggle, EJ shoots. The camera pans to the window, where we see Tek watching. John crumples to the floor as Tek realizes he doesn’t have his gun or phone and takes off. As Lexie is about to pull off, Tek is banging on her window. Annoyed, she says this had better not be some trick as he explains that John Black was shot and needs help. They take off on foot and we see EJ hiding behind her car. He gets in it and takes off. They get to John and she says it is bad and calls 911.

If you want to read the entire summary (exciting show that day, lol, here is the url
http://theearlyedition.blogspot.com/2006_12_01_archive.html

You have to scroll down to the Dec. 28th date, as the page is for the entire week.

Yes after watch the Video one more time I caught it this time. We don’t get to hear EJ tell John who the secret assassin is but he says “what’s the matter John, you look as shocked as if I told you dear old Alice Horton was the assassin”. Did we ever find out who the secret assassin was?

Thanks everyone for your input!

I believe this occured after the revelation that EJ was the "gloved hands" culprit or was at least the mastermind behind the madness. If I'm remembering correct it turned out that Patrick Lockhart was helping him, so perhaps that is what EJ meant by a secret assassin. Also, this shooting is what put John in a coma that lead to the infamous kidney theft when Steve kidnapped him due to EJ manipulating his mind, as it turned out that Steve was also brainwashed by Stefano during his missing years.

Actually, I believe, yes, EJ had Patch taking John somewhere so hatchet docs could take the kidney, but Steve (Patch) talked Kayla into going there so at least John would have a chance at recovery if a proper doctor did the removal.

I can remember EJ telling John that his expertise
was reserved.I don't think EJ was speaking of
Patrick being the Assassin.I don't recall John
attacking EJ.I remember EJ going to the window
and shoting John from far away.Those dark scenes
I could have missed something.I was glad when EJ
told Marlena/Sami/Bo that Stefeno had John in the
Basement.I was laughing when EJ had Stefeno thrown
in Prison.It was funny when Marlena got into stefeno
cell and shot that poison into her.Afterwards I saw
EJ/Lexie/Tony deciding weather to let Stefeno live.
That is when I saw how remorseful EJ felt for doing
Stefeno bidding.EJ still cant shake those bad boy ways.
I love my bad boy with a good heart.

All this still brings tears. I hope they finally are able to throw something(charges and evidnece) against the wall that will stick, and they Dimera's will be filed away into the State Prison...

Oh, for heaven's sakes. Tek SAW EJ shoot John. And it is why EJ was on the run, gun still in hand. And not only did he shoot him, he wanted his kidney for Stefano. EJ stole Lexie's car, and thus, ran across Sami trying to get help for Lucas.

There are none so blind as those who will not see, and no amount of wishing, or whitewashing is going to change the FACTS. EJ shot John.

I believe this occured after the revelation that EJ was the "gloved hands" culprit or was at least the mastermind behind the madness. If I'm remembering correct it turned out that Patrick Lockhart was helping him, so perhaps that is what EJ meant by a secret assassin. Also, this shooting is what put John in a coma that lead to the infamous kidney theft when Steve kidnapped him due to EJ manipulating his mind, as it turned out that Steve was also brainwashed by Stefano during his missing years.

It is better than they did for Benji. Benji was Stephano's son, and they went and forced him from his own home, and opened him up, and took out what they wanted, and then took that nice Benji, and tossed him into the garbage dumpster, outside this ole building. Benji never did anything wrong, that I know of, and I have always wanted the rest of the tribe of DeMira's to rot in Hates.... What a sad state of affairs to have such a terrible thing go un solved when they knew who did it, and nobody has ever been accused, or punished.... All for the likes of Stephano??????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back