Eric and Nicole, again

Between Abigail, Eric and Will all in some type of transition, I'm wondering if the show may be bring back The Spectator as a work environment. I know the paper still exists but right now it's more of a prop as opposed to something that can drive story.

Maybe Nicole can change jobs too so that she can actually report news to the public at large rather than reading about it and reporting it to Miles in order to get permission to do a story. (I still think the writers missed an opportunity for a great story considering Miles' commitment to sensationalism and Nicole's lack of respect for his values.)

Eric is suffering from the old "having your cake and eating it too" syndrome. I wish he would go back to Africa. He could never make Nicole happy in the long run.

It's a Brady twin thing....

The thing is.....let's just imagine Eric & Nicole being happily together at last. He has been a priest, very religious, and Nicole......well, she is not.
So, when the initial "how great we are together at last, isn't it wonderful" phase wears off, what happens when they have to deal with life? They are going to react differently to things people do, say, events, snubs, cross words (by other people to them) and will argue about it.

I just keep remembering how Marlena was constantly trying to alert John, and Brady, to the evil Kristen was doing and they refused to pay attention.

I do hope, that despite how Nicole feels about Eric, she recognizes that in the long run, he would make her very unhappy. Just as he has the past few months.
I think when Nicole is feeling loved and secure she can be better. A lot of her badness comes from desperation.

Sure she will always have a bit of a wild tendency but I think with love and laughter Eric might be able to win her back to doing the right thing.

I'm thinking elements of the golden period of Lucas and Sami.

Agree, agree, agree. I really want Eric to pack up and never darken Salem's beautiful (thanks, JJ) Horton Town Square again. He needs some serious therapy (perhaps he and Ollie Kevin Ben can get a group rate).

I loved Nicole telling him off and I hope she sticks to her guns. Maybe she can date Aiden for awhile (suggestion only) while he avoids his feelings for Hope.
Good God, no, the last thing I want to see is Nicole being hurt playing second fiddle again. I'd rather she reunite with Victor. Hope will always get the man.

Anna&Tony said:
Eric might be able to win her back to doing the right thing.
In order to do that, Nicole would have to change, and I don't think that's ever going to happen. No matter what she does, Nicole will never measure up to Eric's "standards." I don't think he can ever make her happy for any period of time. She needs someone who will love her unconditionally, warts and all.

I don't think she would have to change. I don't think Nicole is inherently bad.

She makes bad choices but she doesn't really do things just to be spiteful or mean or because she can.

I think Eric might have to acknowledge that his standards don't mean that much to him. I think if he loves her she will be happy.

I don't believe any one loves anyone unconditionally (if Marlena couldn't do it what chance do the rest of them have?).

I'm just not feeling Eric right now, in fact I'd like to smack his ears off his head. I know everyone is going to start whining "well Nicole did this to herself", and yes she did, but he is a big pompous hypocrite, who should have never been a Priest in the first place.

Get a life Eric, not an Alb. (by the way if you're not Catholic, the Alb is the vestment that a Priest wears during mass).

@Anna&Tony, I agree that Nicole is not mean spirited or inherently bad. Case in point: even with all this bad blood between her and Daniel/Jen, and JJ being the one to interfere with her plans to elope, she hasn't retaliated by telling his secret about the night Theresa OD'd.

She is, however, spunky and assertive--traits which I personally admire but I get the sense Eric sees as an embarrassment. There's been more than one occasion where he's begged her not to make a scene, the most recent of which was when they were visiting the Cardinal (and the Cardinal told him that Nicole was just speaking from the heart and there was no need to tell her to stop.) That's the main reason I don't like Eric and Nicole together--he seems to be embarrassed by her being herself, and I don't like the idea that she either has to argue with him or suppress her personality to please him.

@TamiBelle :clap: While Nicole sabotaged the relationship when she sabotaged the evidence, she's not to blame for Eric's out-of-proportion (in my opinion) response to it, nor is she the one who chose to reject the priesthood, and for him to treat her meanly after she came to Rome and was willing to fight for him to become a priest even though it meant losing him as a partner just seems cruel to me.

I'm sure it was his profession when he was a kid, but he has to make a living now! Oh well, maybe not, most folks in Salem never go to work anyway.:)

He was a professional photographer back then and that was how he got involved with Nicole. She was model and he was to do pictures of her for some reason.

Back