Favs.....

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Most here may be aware of my favorite characters, Patch being #1, & with Kayla my #1 couple fav.

Next, & very close, is Jack Deveraux (Patch's brother), & with Jen, yep, next fav couple.

John, Marlena are right up there, with them, my top 6.

Now I know so many loved Bo & Hope. But, they are not "up there" for me. When I began watching, Robert Kelker-Kelly was playing Bo, and in that time period, Kristian Alfonso (Hope) left, Peter Reckell (original Bo) returned, we had Billie, Carly, etc. etc. So Bo & Hope don't mean a lot to me, tho when both were on, I like them.

Days has not been able, with their constant change in writers, to take advantage of the value they had in other characters.

Lucas.......a gem from the word GO. Whatever he is given to do.......even garbage story......he gives his all, laughter, sorrow, joy, misery......

Rafe...........a stalwart good guy, FBI, then Salem P.D. good actor, used poorly as the resident stud. Even marrying him to Hope (big mistake) then ending that poorly as well.

Ben & Ciara........Days struck gold with the chemistry between the actors...but are unable to write anything worthwhile for either or both together.

Same for Eli/Lani

Really like present Stefan, again, lousy story for him..........Actor should perhaps be a different character, or at least found to not be a DiMera.

Gabi, glad she is feisty, but needs to be toned down just a bit.......

Oh, Kayla.........you truly need Steve back, and soon.

Shane, I love him........wish we could have him back for a while.

Before listing my favourites, past and present, please allow me to complain about the filming schedule. They have hit GOLD with Stefan & Gabi, but didn't realise it, and the story direction is frightening. Then they swerve to correct...but it takes nearly a year to happen.

This is relevant to my favourites. I used to love Will & Sonny, but they were ruined by the turnaround. Now Sonny looks like a waffler, Will is a serial cheater, and although they are finally together, they are boring as all get out.

I liked Gabi for a long time, but they have had her go "full villain" twice now (once vs Melanie, and once vs Abby/Stefan). It's unfortunate because now she's not believable as a likeable character for many; they want to see her fail.

Carly is my all-time favourite character, but she was ruined by the silly Hope/Bo breakup during the "night Hope" crisis.

I shudder to think what would have become of Isabella if allowed to be written by any of the last 5 headwriters.

Fave couples: John/Isabella, John/Marlena, and yes, I really liked John/Kristen too. Bo/Billie. Jack/Jen. Carrie/Austin. Sami/Lucas.

Fave characters: John, Marlena, Carly, Lucas, Isabella, Carrie (before Mike Horton), Will (before the terror of '14 with the idiotic business/writing story line). I really liked Jordan, too, a fresh character with a hospital job who wasn't related to anybody. I am enjoying Xander, but again, they can't decide if he's a short-term evil villain or a long-term grey character.

I can't get behind long-term truly bad characters. Stefano and EJ eating chowder at the Pub was too much, too silly for me.

Fav couple hands down, Doug and Julie. I liked John and Isabella. Mike and Margo were also in the top 5. And the only other one is Lucas and Sami, before she was ruined by putting her with EJ!!

I like Tony, Abe and Roman for fav men and Nicole, Maggie and Hope for fav women.

Days could've had absolute gold by having Sami torn between Lucas and Rafe, who are both good men. Similar to Marlena being torn between John and Roman. Again, two good guys who weren't out to hurt each other in their quest for Marlena's heart.

My list is very very long -- and almost all 'classic Days'. I watched with my Grandma, Mom and a couple of Aunts almost daily. I was supposed to be doing homework, or something, but...........hey! The tv was on in the other room and eventually they just let me crash with them because I was quiet during their favorite hour of the day.

Fave Couples: Jack & Jen!!! Bo & Hope!! Marlena & Roman..........over time, Marlena & John. Shane & Kimberly. Patch & Kayla!! Tony & Anna!

Somehow this show that was famous for great romantic & family storylines has completely lost its way. I keep reading that era has passed because it is 'too old fashioned' or 'too retro'. Since when did romance stop in this world? And if I could count the number of baby showers I've attended in my life [starting a family[ it would probably surprise me.

Villains: Stefano DiMera. I loved his wit, intelligence, and gamemanship with Roman from day one. Later he was softened a bit, then twisted more evil, and so on. Tony was a good character while EJ was a horrific waste of time!

So for now I settle for Jack & Jen and the return of Steve to Kayla very soon!

Oooh, fun!

My #1 character of ALL time is Jack and my favorite couple is Jack and Jen.

I loved Isabella and John together. I also adored Molly and Tanner. Other favorite characters are Shane, Rafe, Melanie, EJ, Carly (prior to being brought back for that hideous storyline), Peter & Kristen Blake (and only the Kristen of the 90's), Bo and Alice (especially their scenes together. Always fun banter), and currently I really do like Brandon Barash's version of Stefan.

Like Noel, I've watched since I was a little girl over lunch with my Grandma (we couldn't miss her stories).

I loved Bo & Hope, but I remember how he rescued her on his motorcycle from marrying Larry Welch and their very romantic princess first wedding, back then I thought guys on motorcycles were the best, of course my dad had one then too. I loved Roman & Marlena & now John & Marlena too, John & Isabella were wonderful, I liked Sami with Lucas or Sami with Rafe, and I agree with JS, a Sami & Rafe/Lucas triangle would have been amazing as all 3 actors would have blown it out of the water. I loved Jen w/Frankie, but I also love her with Jack.

As for more current stories, Ben & Ciara have great chemistry and could have a great long term story, if the writers can get their act together. I'd just like to see Lucas on all the time, partnered up or not, I wish we'd see Rafe more, portraying the hero again, rather than a bumbling detective. I can get behind just about any couple, if they have chemistry and a good story build up, rather than these quickie flings we see now.

I love Marlena & John, Doug & Julie, but I truly love Chloe. I would have loved her with Rex or Brady. I feel they lost out big time letting her go.

Victor, Victor, and Victor is my all-time favorite! Love John and Marlena, Steve and Kayla, Ben and Ciara are growing on me, I liked Bo with Billie. I loved to hate Stefano. I also love Lucas, Chloe (and her parents), Tony, Anna, Roman and of course, Tom and Alice. This version of Xander is growing on me. I could name several others like Eugene and Calliope, but, then I have watched since 1965 and many people won't know who I am referencing.

I really liked Bo and Carly (1990-1992) and Jack and Jennifer (1989-1993). I also enjoyed watching Kim and Shane and John and Marlena. I liked Billie and Bo only when it was Robert Kelker Kelly and Lisa Rinna playing the roles. I didn’t care for the next 2 actresses that played Billie.

Absolutely loved Vivian Alamain (only the Louise Sorel) and Lawrence Alamain as villains. I liked Stefano DiMera. I have always loved Tony’s wardrobe and sense of fashion.

Most missed are Vivian (by Louise Sorel), Stefano DiMera, Carly Manning, Celeste, Mike Horton (Michael T. Weiss portrayal), Kim and Shane Donovan, Patch Johnson, Bo Brady and, of course, Alice Horton.

I enjoy longtime favorites like John, Marlena, Lucas, Victor, etc., but my list of favorites consists of lesser characters who never got the screen time that they deserved.

Dr. Richard Baker: He was great in his scenes with Nicole especially when he told her that her fake pregnancy/fake birth was absolutely crazy.
Rory: Salem's mellow stoner is a gift that keeps on giving. TPTB should stop wasting screen time on the likes of Vivian and Kristen and let the viewers enjoy Rory.
T: This cheerful fellow would have dressed up the Pub or TBD. Whom would customers rather look at -- happy T or sourpuss Eric?
Gus: His "madames" were worth the price of admission. Vivian made a big mistake trading Ivan for Gus.
Anne Milbauer: She was a perfect foil for squawking Jenny and might have made a good love interest for some male character.

Last edited:
Back