February spoilers

Stephanie, Wendy, and Trippy organize a scavenger hunt: This hunt might be a lot more interesting if some real scavengers were included, i.e., the Forest Preserve Bear and the Smith Island raccoons.

Theresa finds an engagement ring in Alex’s pocket: Lover boy probably carries it around to help his seduction efforts with the local hotties.

John and Marlena celebrate their romance: Hopefully, things won’t be rudely interrupted by slimeball Konstantin the would-be pawn-master.

Stephanie, Wendy, and Trippy organize a scavenger hunt: Oh boy this has me sooo excited!:sarcasm:

Theresa finds an engagement ring in Alex’s pocket: Theresa is thinking her money boat is going to land!

John and Marlena celebrate their romance: I'm old but do I really want to see 70+ year olds being romantic? No. It's as boring as Tripp & Wendy's hot dates!

I don’t think sweeps matters anymore. So I’m not expecting anything special, but this does sound boring. I can’t wait until the regular writers are back so they can move ahead with the main storylines.

I believe you are right, Tina..........Days went to streaming, which makes it impossible to count as it is watched at many different times of the day (or night) , unlike the other 3 soaps that are broadcast at a specific time of day. And those get taped for viewing later, even binged over the weekend.

Days went to streaming, which makes it impossible to count as it is watched at many different times of the day (or night)
They can be tracked even better with streaming. With streaming, they can tell exactly when the episodes are watched, how many scenes are fast-forwarded, how many scenes are rewound and watched again, if/when you turn off an episode without finishing, if you re-watch, etc. They can slice and dice the numbers to find out many more specifics than they could before.

With Nielsen ratings, they only get approximate viewings, based on the specific individuals Nielsen sets up with their equipment. With streaming services, companies can tell exactly what every single viewer is watching and when and on what device (tv/tablet/computer/etc.).

If one person on this board was a Nielsen viewer, then only their watching habits would be recorded by Nielsen and it would count as approximate viewings for the entire board. But if we all had Peacock and watched Days, NBC/Peacock could tell exactly when each one of us watched, if we watched, what we skipped, fast-forwarded, watched again, etc.

Some years ago, I was chosen to be a "nielsen family" for a month. It was a pain in the ......you know where. You had to note specific hours TV was on, how many were watching, males, females, what stations were on, if anyone left the room, just all kinds of stuff. And mind you, the "day" started at 6 a.m., ending at midnight.

Always wondered how honest those were........

I know that back in the day, the Nielsen daily log was a handwritten thing the family had to fill out. But over the years, it's now done with a gizmo connected to the TV. When I had a family member die about 10 years ago, he was a Nielsen participant. I had to call them to say he died and they came out to remove the little gizmo that was attached to the TV. It automatically recorded the info on what channels/shows were watched and transmitted it all directly to Nielsen. There were no logs to fill out anymore.

He was a single man who lived alone. I don't know how they count for families that have several people in the house with multiple TVs now since it's all done via that gizmo. Maybe there is some sort of secondary log that does get filled out online to say something like "3 people watched Law and Order at 10:00 pm on Thursday night"?

As far as the gizmo attached....how do they know when someone leaves the room to go to bathroom, answer phone. Some folks leave their TV on nearly all day without actually watching. They do laundry, busy in kitchen, running vacuum, taking a shower or bath, walking the dog, taking a nap.......

7188000b9e80e9d93dad0cc1594d1083.jpg

Back