Fire the person who brought back Princess Gina

SarahBeth

Reaction score
The last time the show brought back Princess Gina, I don't remember anyone having anything positive to say about it. Don't the powers that be pay any attention to what fans say about it? It's not just the storyline is not that interesting, it's the actress' portrayal of the character. The actress goes in and out of character with her accent. In her first scene painting that portrait, there was a point where she was holding the brush up to the painting acting like she was actually painting but the bristles were pointing towards her without any paint on them.

SarahBeth, that accent is horrible! Is she really necessary? At some point, knowing that the real Gina is dead, everyone will know Hope has been chipped or brainwashed or whatever. And while we are at it; what country is Gina supposed to be a princess of?

I don't think it's ever been said what country she's the princess of. She married Prince Philip Von Amberg and that's when she became a princess. (he later died, apparently)

Once Princess Gina died and Greta was going to be crowned as her heir, the coronation was in France.

Didn't Gina try to kill her daughter Greta? As well as try to kill Shawn Douglas when he was a boy? Yet, Gina says she's not a violent person.

I agree with the bad accent. I could have tolerated if it hadn't gone on so long. I love intrigue. However, it's making our supposedly smart characters look rather dumb. How could John not figure it out? Hope would NEVER try to seduce him!

Yes, we've noted that that Gina was indeed a violent person, having tried to kill Shawn-Douglas and also Marlena.

Princess Gina lamenting she "isn't usually violent" made me lol. Both Original Princess Gina and Faux Princess Gina have committed multiple acts of violence in the past.
That made me laugh, too. Princess Gina (impersonating Hope) tried to shoot Marlena and Shawn-D on Bo and Hope's wedding day. Bo tackled "Hope", they wrestled for the gun and it went off, killing Gina (although, all of Salem thought it was Hope who died, even after the autopsy showed lung cancer).

Back