Forgotten pieces to stories

I remember years back during one of Stefano's deaths, in his will he left a bunch of odd bequests, like a pillow with Sleeping Beauty for Marlena, a jar of kippers for Kate, a figurine of a little boy on a boat for Pop Shawn Brady, a chess set minus the queen for John, paper dolls for Celeste, etc. and for the most part, they weren't really explained.

The whole ridiculous half-baked storyline with the Anastasia egg (like a Faberge egg) and a coin inside.

The mysterious grim reaper figure who was following Jennifer around Horton Town Square during the one Halloween party.

And most importantly, we never found out how Holly arranged the furniture in her doll house.

17333c679ae4af7ee97da475c1afc0a3.jpg

We also haven't found out how Mike Horton and Nancy Wesley are doing in their inexplicable relationship.

Or how Jack & Jennifer are doing running that paper in that other town.

And it's been too long since we've seen the magical Mammoth Falls cabin that can regenerate itself.

How about:

Forgotten Sami, even though Johnny is getting married.
Forgotten Belle, no mention at all as to where the heck she is
Forgotten Sydney, EJ never mentions having another child
That's not unusual, though, for characters not to be mentioned when they're off-canvas. It's pretty standard on all of the soaps.

I just remembered how Paige was introduced as a random girl in town. She lived with her father's cousin Joan (who was never seen) in the dumpy little apartment. Abe had mentioned he knew Paige's family, insinuating she came from a troubled background.

Then they decided to tie her to the Brady family, as Shane's granddaughter. That was a total rewrite of where they were going because surely if Abe knew Paige, he'd have known she was his friend Shane's granddaughter. And since Joan was Eduardo's cousin, that means she was related to Rafe, Gabi, Dario and Arianna. But after the writers decided to make Paige the daughter of Eve and related to the Bradys (as a step-grandchild), the whole cousin Joan thing was never mentioned again.

The zombies. Wasn't someone killed and like nothing happened? Personally I just want a show with the zombies since if I remember correctly they had a sense of humor.
Zombie Charlie killed somebody that was trying to harm Ava. My better sense keeps me from remembering whom.

What about Abigail's Irish land left to her by her inexplicably wealthy ex-nanny that Stefano had to get his hands on?

It's also hard to believe that Gabi's already been tried and convicted for Li's murder, and that Wendy's never mentioned it.

Speaking of Wendy, her shifting motivations/alliances during the Li/Gabi marriage were alarming. Hopefully that era is behind us now.

We're also fortunate that Johnny never received any retribution from Ray's mysterious partners who financing his ill-advised film about his grandmother's possession.

(For those who forgot, Ray was Paulina's ex and the bio father of Lani - although I'd tattoo Ken Corday's name on my face if they un-did that "Paulina is Lani's mommy" story.)

I remember years back during one of Stefano's deaths, in his will he left a bunch of odd bequests, like a pillow with Sleeping Beauty for Marlena, a jar of kippers for Kate, a figurine of a little boy on a boat for Pop Shawn Brady, a chess set minus the queen for John, paper dolls for Celeste, etc. and for the most part, they weren't really explained.
Those gifts from Stefano has kept me wondering all this time. Really wanted to know more about the gift Kate got. Did this happen before or after she was on the fishing boat the first time?

Back