Former President Bush Dies

Cannot say I always agreed with his politics but I had respect for him. He gave years of service to his country and was so committed to us the citizens and his family. His and Barbara's love story was one for the ages.

Honoring his life of selfless service, being the youngest pilot in the Navy, and serving our country in politics when he was born into a family of privilege. He loved Barbara until her last breath and raised a beautiful large family. Those attributes are more important than political party affiliation to me. I will miss seeing which funky socks he wore and how he celebrated his birthday. RIP.

LOL, I remember him celebrating his 85th birthday by parachuting out of a plane! His wife Barbara was beside herself. God rest his soul.

Rest in peace George H.W. Bush. Not all agreed with his politics but he did always implement policy that he thought was best for the United States. He also was a man that truly loved his family. His and Barbara's love story was a modern day fairytale. He and Barbara will be truly missed.

Beautiful picture of Senator Dole saluting President Bush's casket.

Bob-Dole-Standing-Getty.jpg

I watched just a part of the funeral. George W's eulogy was wonderful, love, bio, humor, delivered so well. He patted the coffin both going up, and returning back to his seat, and there....he broke down. The priest doing the sermon also was really good, and as he spoke.......I think it was Jim Baker who broke down in tears.
The military in the ceremonies were so impressive....and it was something else to see Presidents Trump, Obama, Clinton & Carter all sitting together. I could not hear the music very well.....and honestly, i only watched for about 1/2 hr in middle, and then at the end, when the coffin was carried out to the waiting hearse, to be driven to the airport.

I didn't always agree with his policies but am grateful he implemented the Americans with Disabilities Act which is important to this day. And I always felt he cared about the country. I've also always admired the love story between him and Barbara as well as the family they created. You rarely if ever hear anything negative about his family. They actually remind me quite a bit of the Queen and Prince Philip and their large family.

Sad year for the Bush family. In addition to George and Barbara, I believe one of George's brothers also died this year. Hopefully they can move forward easily and have a peaceful holiday season.

Back