Freddie Smith (Sonny Kiriakis) in car accident

Status
Not open for further replies.

meldrel

Reaction score
Soap opera star, Freddie Smith of Los Angeles, lost control of his car on Route 84 in Kingsville Township early this morning, seriously injuring his passenger, Alyssa Tabit of North Hollywood, Calif., according to the Ohio State Highway Patrol.

Smith was taken to Conneaut Medical Center for treatment. Tabit was flown by medical helicopter to St. Elizabeth’s Hospital in Youngstown, where she is listed in critical condition, OHP said.

Speed and alcohol are suspected to be factors in the crash, OHP said.

http://m.starbeacon.com/news/article_0f29671c-4e47-11e4-a1af-2f99987192ca.html?mode=jqm

BzXwM6YCIAIuMN2.jpg:large

This was not in California...I think it was Ohio. But just a guess. Alyssa is undergoing surgery, but Freddie seems to have minor injuries.
Let me say this. I was involved in a serious accident, was released the same day (after several hours). But it was nearly a year recuperation, rehab, etc. etc. So...I just hope Freddie Smith will be recovering from his injuries quickly.

Yes, Poirot, my daughter was in a roll-over and it took several years before her soft-tissue injuries healed and she was close to being in the same condition as she was before the accident. It's often those injuries that we can't see that are by far the worst. Hopefully both Freddie and Alyssa will come out of this as good as new.

Prayers are going up. One of Freddy's friends commented on Facebook that they were home for him to be bestman in his bestfriend's wedding last Saturday.

St. E's is a fantastic hospital with a great trauma unit that is 20 minutes away from me across the Ohio line. That's where my Mom had all of her heart surgeries. My sister also worked there before moving to Pittsburgh.
St. E's is also a 20 minute Medivac flight south from the accident. Cleveland hospitals to the west/southwest are the same distance, but would take longer due to having to wait for rerouting of planes heading in and out of the airport.

I hope this is a wake up call for everyone, not just the entertainment industry.
Too many people post pictures of themselves drinking or in bars.
I always wonder who the designated driver is.

oh no! I hope they both heal completely and quickly. I will be praying for them. I'm also praying that if speed and alcohol were a factor, that they both learned something from this and that others who see this story may think twice before drinking and driving again. That is so scary! It really could have been a LOT worse. I'm so thankful they are OK.

We must never drink, text, or do drugs and drive. Scary thing happened last year to me. My friends all wanted to go out one night--but, having been really busy with homework and having an early class the next day (Friday), I opted to stay in. I made them promise to have a designated driver. Well they nearly got in a few car accidents, I heard the next morning, because the designated driver ended up drinking at the club as well. Very scary--and I am so glad I decided not to go that night. I almost did, lol. Needless to say, I was upset with them because they also easily could've hopped on the streetcar to get to this club instead of driving--that way, they'd all have been safe. I'm really glad nothing happened to them that night-they were so lucky.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back