Freddie Smith (Sonny Kiriakis) in car accident

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those words can mean a lot of different things. For instance....a posted sign may indicate to reduce speed to 35 for the curve ahead. If the car was doing the regular speed limit of 50-55, yes, then "speed" would be a factor.Or perhaps even reducing down to 45, it would still be "speed" as a factor.
And then.....I don't know what Ohio's limit is on blood level alcohol. But, a person can be having dinner, a glass or two of wine. Is not drunk at all, nor over the blood alcohol limit, but.....alcohol could be considered a factor.
Not our business. I just want them both to recover, to be able to return home soon.

Praying for both of them. This occurred about 60 miles northeast of where I live. They had a small report on the noon news today about it. I had to groan though when the newscaster said the "actor Freddie Smith who plays Sony Kiriakis on Days of Our Lives". She said Sony instead of Sonny. Lol. I know reading a teleprompter isn't always easy but it still made me go, "Really???" And yet she was able to pronounce Kiriakis. Go figure.

Has anyone heard of any updates on Alyssa's condition?

I am surprised he hasn't been in custody yet, normally a DUI results seeing the judge after injuries. Well we now know what will happen when Freddie Smith (Sonny) is off the canvas for awhile, wonder if they the writers are going to make Will and Sonny break up.

I have a friend who was in a car accident some years back and she was the designated driver while she had two passengers who had too much too drink. She was driving them home and missed a stop sign since it was dark late and she didn't know the area. One of the passengers died and the other lived but was never the same. My friend walked away without a scratch. The first initial reports were that alcohol was a factor even though all she'd had was an iced tea the entire night. So point being, sometimes first reports aren't always the most accurate.

As I noted, we do NOT KNOW if the blood alcohol was more than permitted. Yes, the police there are keeping a very tight lid on any info, and Alyssa's family has requested privacy. So, please let's not make any assumptions. This is a very sad thing for all involved.

I am surprised he hasn't been in custody yet, normally a DUI results seeing the judge after injuries. Well we now know what will happen when Freddie Smith (Sonny) is off the canvas for awhile, wonder if they the writers are going to make Will and Sonny break up.

We have no idea the specifics of the circumstances, so it's best not to make these types of statements.

So glad to hear that Alyssa Tabit's condition was improved on Friday.

ASHTABULA — “Days of Our Lives” star Freddie Smith’s girlfriend, Alyssa Tabit, is recovering after a serious car crash early Tuesday in Kingsville Township.
Tabit’s condition was improved on Friday. She was listed in critically stable condition in the Surgical Intensive Care Unit at St. Elizabeth’s Hospital in Youngstown after undergoing surgery earlier this week, according to hospital officials.
Smith, 26, was treated and released Tuesday from UH Conneaut Medical Center.

According to Smith’s online fan page, Tabit’s family has gone to the Youngstown hospital to be with her. When she is well enough to leave the hospital, she will be going home with her family to finish her recovery, according to the fan page.

The Ohio State Highway Patrol suspects speed and alcohol were factors in the crash. Smith could face criminal charges, if it is discovered he was drinking and driving over the legal limit, Lt. Jared Sutton of the Ohio State Highway Patrol said.

Sutton said it could take a month before the blood alcohol test results are in. The accident is still under investigation, he said.

http://www.starbeacon.com/news/article_a6c06470-50e7-11e4-b4af-cfb020c04364.html

I'm just relieved that they will both be ok. Their physical health is of primary concern and anything else is speculation and irrelevant right now.
The crash will be investigated and if there is anything to be dealt with, it will be. Until then, I'm glad their families are asking for privacy so they can heal, physically and emotionally.

Hold on a minute - a month for the drug results? That seems like a long time!

Jason, this happened in a rural touristy area next to Lake Erie. (I go to a wine fest there.) They're probably running full spectrum tests for alcohol and a variety of drugs so would have to be performed in Columbus (state capital).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back