SPOILER !! From TV Guide

Just to be clear, tho yes, Ben strangled Will, he was not DEAD. Rolf & Susan found he was still alive, but Rolf gave him something to make him appear dead, then stole him away before any burial, gave him the serum to bring him back. This worked, but with amnesia, thus Susan was able to tell him he was her son Elvis, take him to Nashville, etc.

I so wanted some clever writer to make it so Ben did not kill the other women, tho was blamed for it, and had been drugged/brainwashed or something into believing he did. Alas, that did not happen.

Frankly, I think Rolf & his magic serums have been overdone, am tired of them, used wayyyyyy too much, like the stupid chips. :eek:

Would've been such an easy fix to say Ben only thought he killed Serena, Paige, midwife Wendy and Will (until they rewrote his death) and that the real killer was someone else. Could've said it was a disgruntled flunkly working for Clyde.

I'm not bothered by this direction. I just think this should've happened a lot sooner. Now it seems this was only done to facilitate Ciara's exit.

Would've been such an easy fix to say Ben only thought he killed Serena, Paige, midwife Wendy and Will (until they rewrote his death) and that the real killer was someone else. Could've said it was a disgruntled flunkly working for Clyde.
Yes, it would have been very easy. Another option would have been an old Days favorite -- faking your own death. For example, Paige was fed up with life in Salem: she was going to third-rate Salem U., not Stanford and her boyfriend had been having afternoon trysts with her own mother. So after making Salemites think she was dead, she beat a quick path to Palo Alto, got a full scholarship to Stanford, and began dating a member of the football team. By now, she's graduated and unknown to her deranged mother, she's living happily in San Francisco. As for Serena, her career was going nowhere and she had foolishly gotten involved in one of bad-old Xander's criminal plots. Once everyone thought she was dead, she could be off to another city to jump start her life. Finally, midwife Wendy never died. Ben just made Abby think this to scare her.

Yes, it would have been very easy. Another option would have been an old Days favorite -- faking your own death. For example, Paige was fed up with life in Salem: she was going to third-rate Salem U., not Stanford and her boyfriend had been having afternoon trysts with her own mother. So after making Salemites think she was dead, she beat a quick path to Palo Alto, got a full scholarship to Stanford, and began dating a member of the football team. By now, she's graduated and unknown to her deranged mother, she's living happily in San Francisco. As for Serena, her career was going nowhere and she had foolishly gotten involved in one of bad-old Xander's criminal plots. Once everyone thought she was dead, she could be off to another city to jump start her life. Finally, midwife Wendy never died. Ben just made Abby think this to scare her.

Paige doing a Gone Girl on JJ/Eve would've been great, to be honest, especially if she framed both of them for her "death". It would've also made her way more interesting instead of the wallpaper she was.

JJ/Eve was a guilty pleasure of mine although I would've preferred Charlotte Ross' Eve. In retrospect this was one of JJ and Kassie dePaiva's Eve's better storylines as it got worse for both characters since. Plus Jennifer going postal was great.

I miss how JJ used to be before he got neutered.

edited to write out names; on this board, we do not use only initials to refer to actors; please remember not everyone knows the actors' real names - JS

Last edited by a moderator:
Honestly, wish I had been able to FF thru Eve's scenes. The actress is doing a good job, but the storyline is horrible. However, it is a kick seeing her strut around threatening Ben, pulling his hair, poking him with the pole, while inappropriately attired in her red sequin dress & stiletto heels. (Sorry, that all is stupid, to me. )

Ciara is leaving, but Ben is staying? Because I haven't seen anything about Ben's character leaving the canvas, and that's what I would expect if he killed her (bye, you're going to Statesville) or he goes on the run and we don't see him for 5-10 years (and probably recast).

JUST A GUESS, but perhaps she leaves because he urges her to do so, since he gets these memories about being urged to kill her. OR, maybe Ben & Ciara fake Ciara's death to fool Eve & Vincent??? (but I am more than ready to see Eve gone)

Back