Gabi Leaves Salem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael Angelo

Reaction score
Gabi Leaves Salem - Part I
This is 2-3 months into the future. At this point in time, Melanie is packed and ready to leave for Europe where she will spend a month with her Mom (Carly) and brother Nicholas. Afterwards she intends to move into Max & Chelsea's place in London. Chelsea found Melanie a job at the rehabilitation center Billie stayed in after her car accident.
Chad acknowledged that a change in environment would be the best for Melanie and that their relationship is over, at least for now.

INT - Intensity Day Spa, now renamed Salem Serenity .Gabi enters early morning. Maggie is busy setting up the lobby area, instructing Brady and John (who stopped by to help) where to place the new furniture.

Gabi's eyes light up and she struts over to Maggie, who just notices her presence before quickly averting her eyes.

Gabi: Woah, Maggie. This place looks incredible. I love what you've done with the place!

Maggie sighs and parts her hair to the side. She then smiles, clearly holding herself back from saying anything.

Realizing her company in unwanted, she remains persistent anyways and turns to Brady.

Gabi: Hey Brady! I hear Basic Black is launching a new women's line...that's exciting.

Brady can't help but laugh. He nods his head and places a table down.

Brady: Yes. Very exciting. In fact, we're looking for female models now.
Gabi (practically speechless): Oh, um. Well, you know...
I've done a lot of-
Brady: Models with a clean criminal record.

Gabi bites her lip and looks down at the floor. John makes his "I smell the poo" face and turns to Brady. He puts his hand on Brady's shoulder.

Brady: Son, I think it's time we treat ourselves to some water.
Maggie, surely you don't mind?

Maggie smiles and the two walks off to the backroom. She then continues to flip through design sheets on her clipboard.

Maggie: Look, Gabi, I'm busy right now. If you want to book an appointment you can make one at the front desk with Alyssa.
Gabi: Actually, I left a copy of my resume with Alyssa yesterday, but I wanted to physically hand you a copy in person.

Maggie puts her clipboard down on the table and straightens her suit jacket.

Maggie: Let me get this straight. You...want to work...here?
Gabi: Yeah. I mean, I have experience and saw you extended the business hours till later and... I'm perfectly fine working nights.
Maggie: Okay, well I'm not fine with you working here. Not now, not ever. Period. So, if you have no other business to attend to here then leave.
Gabi: Look, I can see why you'd upset with me on a personal level, but I'm good at this. Please, Maggie. I could really use the cash.
Maggie: Why are you short on cash? Hmm?
Could it be because you paid a man to pose as your stalker? A man who kidnapped and tormented my granddaughter. To your knowledge, might I add.
Gabi (distressed): Okay, but Maggie. Look-
Maggie: I am looking, Gabi. And what I see is a person of low moral character. Who slithered her way into people's lives and harmed them. Clearly you don't see this. Or else you wouldn't have the nerve to show your face here.
Gabi (in a wounded/whiny voice): I'm sorry. I didn't mean to hurt Melanie.

Maggie's nostrils flare and she steps closer to Gabi.

Maggie: You didn't mean to hurt Melanie. Oh. So when you pulled her apart from her boyfriend, whom she loved very much, and watched her lay in agony...in a dark, unfamiliar, hopeless place...you mean to tell me your intentions were pure?
Gabi: I had no planning in her kidnapping. That was all Andrew. Plus, I -
Maggie: Enough. I cannot and will not listen anymore Gabi. I have good things ahead of me that require my complete focus. You are not one of them.
If you have any semblance of heart, you will leave this spa and leave this town. And wherever your travels take you, remember this: until you truly reevaluated yourself and purge all the bad inside you...don't go looking for love.

Gabi, deep in thought, cuts across the lobby and sprints out of the spa. Covering her teary eyes with her manilla folder, she heads back to the Brady Pub.
In a private, short moment she straightens up before walking into the pub.

From your computer to the writers' ears!! I really hope the new writers have Gabi leave Salem. I don't see how they can rehabilitate the character, short of saying she had a brain tumor that had her act crazy.

Gabi Leaves Salem - Part II
INT - Brady PubGabi enters the pub. Caroline (back in action) sits at a table with a 20-something year old young man sipping coffee.
Immediately, Caroline's motherly instincts kick in. She excuses herself from the gentleman and approaches Gabi.

Caroline: Oh, Gabi. Come here. What's wrong?
Gabi: Everything. Everything's wrong and I can't fix it.
Caroline: Oh sweetie, I know this transition will be difficult, but there's a long road ahead of you. You're so young.
Gabi: Transition?
Caroline: Yes, I mean...with everything that's been going on, it'll be good for you to start fresh.

Gabi, puzzled, glances at the young man.

Gabi: Who's he?
Caroline: Anthony. He's here to look at your room. I didn't expect to get a renter so quickly, but he needs a place as soon as possible.
Gabi: Wait Caroline, I'm confused. My room isn't nearly big enough for two people and even so... I wouldn't be comfortable with a boy as a roommate.
I mean, my Mama would flip if she knew a guy was even looking at my room.
Caroline: But Gabi. Your Mama knows you're leaving Salem.
Gabi: Excuse me...what?!

Enter Mama Hernandez from staircase leading to Gabi's room, cardboard boxes in hand.
She approaches Gabi.

Mama Hernandez: Gabriella, go gather the rest of your belongings. Rafael will be here to drive us within the hour.

Caroline walks back to sit with Anthony and finish their conversation.
Gabi pulls her hair back and paces back and forth.

Gabi: Mama...where are we going? And more importantly, why are you moving me out of my room?
Mama: After we pay our respects to Ariana, you are coming back home with me.
Gabi: No I'm not. I'm in the middle of a semester. And I'm looking for a job.
You can't just waltz back into my life and demand I be a part of yours again, Mama.

Mama shakes her head and carries the boxes outside. Gabi trails after.
Mama sits on the bench to rest as Gabbi rummages through a pile of boxes revealed on the ground.

Gabi: Mama, I'm serious. You can't do this.
I need to go talk to Caroline and put an end to this.

Mama restrains her, grabbing on to Gabi's shoulders.

Mama: Gabriella, what life do you have here?

Gabi avoids eye contact and adjusts her bracelets. Mama scans the area outside the pub.

Mama: (continued): This town has brought nothing, but darkness into our lives, mija (sweetheart). Arianna came here and now she is dead. Dario came here and now he's in Argentina. And Rafael- look what happened to him. "Both" of him.
Gabi: I know, but Mama. This is where I'm supposed to be.
Mama: No, Gabriella. You're supposed to be at home with me. I have spent every long day there...alone since you left.
Living in grief and despair from the loss of all my children. It's not enough that your Papa left me. I have to live a life completely without a family?
Gabi: You have a family, Mama. A big family. One that needed you just as much as you needed us. When Rafe wanted you there at his wedding...to witness one of the most important days of his life, to dance with him at the reception. When I spent prom night in the hospital without you. Graduation day without you.
Mama: I know that hurt, but I was and still am in so much pain. Physically and emotionally. You know I would have loved to been there for all these moments. But Gabriella, we need to be honest. I am here because what you did is unforgivable and you need to come home. Now.
Gabi: Soon the kidnapping charges will be lifted and I can move past that.
Mama: Yes and I thank God every day that your brother has these connections, but that doesn't make much of a difference. You destroyed lives, bebe. It's time you let go and rebuild your own.

A flow of tears rush down Gabi's face. Her Mama reaches out for a hug and the two embrace. Gabi cries even harder.
Soon after, she breaks off and tells her mother

Gabi: There's somewhere I need to go before I leave. I'll be back in a bit.

I like it!! You've really captured the flavor of the characters with this, even the never-before-seen Mama Hernandez!

Gabi Leaves Salem - Part IIIINT - Sonny's Coffeehouse
Gabi, visibly disheveled, enters the coffeehouse.
Will, who finally accepted Sonny's job offer is cleaning glasses at the bar. He offers a friendly smile from across the room.
Gabi approaches.

Gabi: Will. Is Chad around?
Will: Hello to you too Gabi.
And he is, but it isn't the best idea to go see him.
Gabi: Where is he? Around back?
I need to talk to him.
Will: My Grandma is stopping by in a bit, maybe you should talk to her instead.
Gabi: Not funny Will. It's urgent.
Will: Gabi...
Gabi: I'm leaving Salem today. For good.

Will awkward scratches the back of his neck and throws the dish rag over his shoulder.
He leans in towards Gabi.

Will (stuttering a bit): Leaving...wow.
Gabi: It's spur of the moment. My Mama came by today and decided for me.
Will: Well...I wish you the best of luck.
Gabi: I'll see you again. I promise.
Maybe not in person for a while, but at least over webcam.
Will: Yeah...of course. Uhm.
I didn't tell you this, but Chad's in the storage room. Down the hall there.

Gabi kisses Will one the cheek.

Gabi: Will. Thank you for everything. And for this.

Chad, in uniform, sorts through bags of coffee beans.
Gabi enters and Chad sighs deeply.

Chad: Out! Now.
Gabi: Chad...please. I need to tell you something.
Chad: Let me finish my shift in peace. Get out.

Chad walks off into the corner. Gabi trails after.

Chad: You know. After this, I'm going over to Melanie's.
And I'm helping her pack up her life.
But I'm sure you already know that.
Gabi: I'm leaving in a few minutes.
Leaving Salem.
Chad: Good. Because I honestly don't think I could stand seeing your face.
Gabi: Chad. There is so much I want to say, but I need to explain. I have dealt with so much loss in my life. My Dad left when I was little... and after Will came out and...I think maybe it made me crave this extra affection from men.
Chad: First off. Nobody made you the crazy person you are. And secondly...in my lifetime, Gabi, I have lost my Mother, my Father, my daughter, my sister, and my girlfriend. But throughout all the suffering, I haven't lost my integrity.
Gabi: I know and I'm so sorry. But if you could just see that what I did...
Chad: What you did will have a lasting effect on all of our lives. The damage has been done. There is nothing left for you to say.
Gabi: Chad, wait.
Chad: You're delusional if you think I should be waiting for you.
Gabi: Tell Melanie I'm sorry. I wish you both the best in life.
Chad: And I wish you full mental recovery. Goodbye Gabi.

Ummm, I'm not sure about this myself. Days desperately requires some new villians amongst the younger set. I think Gabi might actually make a good reluctant 'apprentice' (lacking a better term) for Kristen Dimera/Blake upon the return of the latter.

Fans don't beg for "good villains" to leave the show though! And the thing is...Gabi was never really a villain. She went from being a boring and reserved, but sweet younger sister to a lust-crazed accomplice in kidnapping. Kind of like Abigail.

C'mon now, she is just trying to fit in with Chad's family. Next she should try her hand at arson, drug dealing or maybe extortion. Then she'd be one step further down the path of Dimerahood. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back