Gabi

oldsoapie

Reaction score
I am so sick and tired of angry Gabi, crying Gabi, frowning Gabi, you get the picture. I have never been a big Gabi fan, but lately I just can't stand seeing her on screen!! I wish she would leave Salem for good when she gets out of prison. The actress is fine but the character is just awful!

Yea, I'm tired of the over the top Gabi (with an I), too. Everyone knows how she feels, but she still feels the need to go into meltdown mode every time someone visits. I want to see a happy Gabi, but given everything that's happened to her, including the whole Eli fiasco, I just don't see it happening any time soon.

Right?

I remember a time when Days would play up things in pop culture. Orange is the New Black is big right now. Why not give us some funny scenes where she gets into a bunch of crazy, funny messes with some of her inmates? What I'd give to see Gabi out in the yard trying to chase down a chicken.

It's funny you say that Robinsnest, because a couple of weeks ago I came upon a twitter conversation about Gabi's rotten luck. I tweeted that since Nicole left the show it seems like the writers needed a new punching bag and gave the job to Gabi.

And guess who not only liked that comment but actually responded: Camila Banus (Gabi) herself. She tweeted "That's what I said. She's the new Nicole." I was on cloud nine the rest of that day. LOL

That was almost as good as the time about a year ago when Camila had tweeted that she had been at Disney's California Adventure for almost three hours and hadn't been on a single ride, and later that day she posted a photo of herself at Cars Land (a section of the park) and I asked her if she had been able to get on any rides and she answered me with "Yes!"

Now I know that's not the question that girls answer yes to that makes most guys swoon but at that moment it was close enough. :love::love::love: LOL

Last edited:
Still tired of Gabi!! She proved today that she is a real witch....with a "b". I hope she is written off the show soon.

I normally love Gabi but the writing of her at the moment stinks. I mean I understand what she's been through and she's upset, but to be so hateful to Abby when she knows what happened is just plain bad writing. Not to have one ounce of compassion that Abby literally has a mental condition and has no idea what happened and is afraid and vulnerable as well AND is on her own free will making everything as right as she can is just so irritating to watch. Gabi should understand killing some one in self defense or out of fear. Then add a history of mental illness and you're telling me she can't have sympathy at all?

Gabi may not know much about DID and might feel that Abigail made all of that up after she killed Andre as an excuse to pin it on her. I can give her the benefit of the doubt because she has been through a lot, sent to prison for a crime she did not commit, taken away from her child, beaten up and still recovering from her injuries, and she's still in prison while Abby is running around town free. At the very least, Abby should be under Marlena's care or in a psychiatric facility.

Salem residents are just beginning to see Abby's mental illness. However strangely the alters acted, people in Salem thought it was Abby doing all of these things. Until her mental illness is fully understood, there will probably be a lot of misconceptions, but more than anyone else, Gabi has a lot to process for what she has been through.

Back