Glee: heard much, but never seen it...have you?

cryin4days

Reaction score
Does anyone hear watch Glee? My coworkers talk about it and I see references to it on other boards/sites. Is it worth a watch in your opinion. My tv time is already full of Major Crimes, Rizzoli & Isles, and Castle marathons during weeknights so I rarely venture outside of TNT unless new episodes of Castle or Scandal are airing on ABC. So is switching over to find Glee whatever night of the week it comes on worth it?

I have watched it, but it is on opposite NCIS I believe. So only when NCIS is a rerun. I have enjoyed it, lots of music, and I love musicals. The premise was the kids in high school, in the drama/choir being in a show or something, but they do break into song without it being rehearsals. There are teachers, one who is rather hard nosed. Am not a "faithful" viewer, just catch it on occasion. But I have liked the episodes I have seen.

I'm a Jane Lynch fan - that woman absolutely cracks me up sometimes. I saw a clip of her from the show and was shocked because I had no idea she was on it, that's if she's still on it.

I checked out episodes of "Glee" at library. I saw the first two.

I enjoyed the singing and dancing, but I didn't like the soap opera
story that was going on with the two teachers. He's married... well
I won't say anything else. That's all I watched.

Although I do not watch Glee on a regular basis, I sometimes come across it and every time I watch it, I enjoy it. For me I love the singing and the re-working of a popular song, musica theatre numbers. I do not know how popular it is now but when it first came out it was the biggest thing. Now with Corey Monteith's (Finn) death, I wonder how well it will do.

Despite a fine cast with great singing voices, I couldn't get into it. I guess I'm showing my age...in "my" day, there was "Fame." Although, have to admit, that I enjoyed the first season of the now-defunct "Smash." I do adore Jane Lynch, however. I think her hosting of "Hollywood Game Night" is a perfect fit and loved her in "Best in Show."

I like the musical acts, but the show seemed to fall apart for me when the "seniors" graduated and moved onto other things on the show. My brother-in-law bought the first 3 CDs of Glee music for both my sister and me for birthday and Christmas presents. I sing along to them in my car. LOL

It is fabulous. More talent on that show than you can imagine. Get yourself a Netflix account and watch all the seasons there. One thing I am not looking forward to is the memorial for Cory Monteith, I think they are incorporating the death of Finn into it, and that will make me so sad. Finn was the boyfriend of both Rachel in the series, and in real life, Cory was the boyfriend of Leah Michelle who played Rachel.

I love the show. Love the music. Everything makes me smile, except for Jane Lynch's character. I could have done without that meanie. I preferred the episodes that she wasn't in.

I loved Glee but not so much the younger group ,for me it's the first characters . I love the music and my favorite are Fin and Rachel, they are the reason that I watch . With the passing of Cory( Fin) not sure how the show will be for me now. I know they are going to do a Cory(FIn) Tribute, i'll definitely be watching that show

I also love Glee! It is campy and sometimes silly and very dramatic, but I watch because it's generally easy TV, it almost always has GREAT music, and is just a fun escape from life. Yes, the storylines can be questionable, but if you just watch it with fun in mind, don't get too bent out of shape about content (there are gay couples, pseudo-sensitive topics right out there in the open, etc), and love music, I'd give it a whirl! I really hate that Cory Monteith died - yes, for the show, but mostly for himself. Such a sad thing for anyone... famous or not. It might not be the same without him, though they might be able to carry on. Either way, start from the beginning... I definitely think it's worth trying!

(I would try Community, too... but that is also a quirky, campy show that doesn't appeal to everyone. I LOVE it, though... and I would also recommend to start from the beginning. The later episodes are funnier if you understand the characters. :) )

I watched Glee up until the last season. I couldn't take it anymore. I think the only really good season was the first, but after that the writing really falls apart. It's good if you watch it solely for the musical numbers, which are still good. But the storylines, acting and writing not so much anymore. I still listen to the songs on youtube when they're released but I haven't watched the show and don't plan to next season. Well I may watch certain episodes like the Cory Monteith tribute one and Beatles one, but that's it.

I really like the original cast, but not really into the new members, so I'm not into it the way I was the first couple of seaons. So much talent, wit, funny script.

Back