Good for Gabi!!!

eweiner

Reaction score
gabi.jpg
She (Camila Banus) did a wonderful job today...tears and all... and you could see that this has been brewing for a long time. She was not about to allow her baby to be raised by Nick. She held off as long as she could and when the time had passed for Nick to act humane, she "done him in".

I'm just curious to see what goes down now that she's given her statement. Perhaps cooler heads will give her a break. She deserves one if just for taking the burden of her heart and soul for so long.

The only thing other than that for me to say about her performance is that it had better win an EMMY!!

This is the first time I ever really liked the character of Gabi. Camilla Bauns played the part to perfection today. You could just feel her desperation. One thing I disagree with when Hope told her that things cod have gone differently, that Nick didn't deserve to die. I think the poor girl just felt like he would never let her alone unless he was dead. His family never understood that he was not a good person.

Ugh I know I really hated Hope's response. Nick was crazy and he wouldn't leave Gabi alone. She was desperate the guy wouldn't leave her alone. Couldn't this be self defense, where Gabi just felt threatened by Nick it wasn't premeditated. At least not by what Gabi confessed. I just wouldn't want to see her leaving for a long time, but something where yes she serves time but more importantly gets the help she needs psychologically.

EJ could have tried the "not guilty" approach and had Gabi repudiate her statement that she killed Nick. That way the hopelessly incompetent D.A.'s office would have had to somehow use the evidence gathered by the inept Salem P.D. to get a conviction. Good luck there. He also could have tried an insanity defense, which Gabi probably wouldn't have liked. As for Hope, after all the crimes she's committed, she ought to get off her high horse. Perhaps, she's now feeling guilty. If she hadn't helped convince Tricky Nicky to accept probation, he might now be happily playing cards and swapping stories about idiot Salemites with good old Dr. Baker, Vargas, and Gus.

I loved her performance. She needs to win an Emmy for that because it brout me to tears, and usually that never happens with me, lol. She really has grown as an actress since she first appeared on Days.

Anyways, I also hated that investigator today and her attitude, and also how Hope brushed her off. Gabi did come forward and wouldn't let Will take the blame, plus confessed what she set in motion by hiring Andrew. I think Hpe should have been a little more respectful towards her, especially considering that Nick did horrible things to other members of Hope's family (and she knew of this) that Hope actually spends some time with. She never really was around Nick so it makes no sense for her to be that upset about his death. In fact, Hope was around Gabi more than Nick!

I agree, it was an amazing performance from Camilla Banus (Gabi). She seriously made me cry. And thinking about it, Gabi had to hold all these emotions and doubts in because she couldn't say them to Nick or he'd turn on her. She couldn't say them to Will, Sami, or anyone else because no one in that group could have kept Gabi's true feelings a secret from Nick and they would have made the situation worse. So, that huge outpouring of emotion came out during the confession. I wondered how they would explain Gabi's relatively calm composure after the shooting (especially when you compare that to her long response to dropping Nick in the river), but once I thought about it and watched the confession, it did make sense to me.

Hope response irritated me, but I can't pinpoint why. She responded like a family member would, like a police officer would. But I think it bugs me because we know and saw all the things Nick did, and Hope didn't. She's aware of some things Nick did, and I know she can't take Gabi's story as absolute fact because she has to think of Gabi as a murder suspect and all that, but I don't know. It still bugs me.

Call it weird, strange, or karma but..... Let's see Nick goes all obsessive over Melanie, Melanie than later hooks up with Chad whom Gabi is kinda obsessive over so she hires Andrew to cause trouble there which in turn sets in motion the kidnapping of Melanie and characters in the 'bottom dungeons' of Salem as they blow up, this sets in motion Gabi being with Will and becoming pregnant and actually somewhat killing her self esteem even more and in my view this set her up for an easy pick for Nick who she ended up having to kill cause he was obsessive all over again this time Gabi instead of Melanie. Now if it was not Gabi it would have been someone else for Nick but if Gabi had not made the first mistake of hiring Andrew she may never have been in Nick's sight.

"Three shots and he still followed me!", that was pretty heavy. None of this would have happened if Sami and Kate would have let her call the police. I especially feel Sami is responsible. they should all come forward.

This is the first time I ever really liked the character of Gabi. Camilla Bauns played the part to perfection today. You could just feel her desperation. One thing I disagree with when Hope told her that things cod have gone differently, that Nick didn't deserve to die. I think the poor girl just felt like he would never let her alone unless he was dead. His family never understood that he was not a good person.

Later, didn't Hope change and say he DID deserve to die? Or was I hearing things.

Back