Good old Days, sing alongs and memories

Wish the writers would do those kinds of scenes with the horton girls singing to Alice and have some nice family moments.

~Ana

Man Nadia and Kyle ruled those scenes I loved it when they sang...wish they would utilize Nadia's singing voice on the show. Curious if Eric's Brady can sing.

~Ana

Awww back when I loved Chloe and Brady.

I watched one from Christmas 2008...where Doug toasted the Hortons, happy to have a place on that tree....spoke of that grand lady upstairs, his arm around Julie, and then called Chloe up to sing Silent Night. Lucas came up to stand beside her, looking so proud, Abe, Lexie & Theo seated together, Bo, Hope & Ciara on the sofa, Marlena & John standing in a corner.Maggie smiling at them all....and as she sang, the scene shifted to Daniel all alone on his bed, in the dark, swilling a bottle of beer, then Nicole on her knees praying to God to help her as EJ eavesdrops....& John goes outside to call Dr. Chandler.....it's Christmas and he wants his life back.

What a difference a year makes....

So thank you Soapy for bringing us to yesteryears, when Days had some fun times, good times, family times. Blessings.

I wish there were fun things (like the singing ) if only on holidays. I guess they think its too corny ....well if its corny I like... no LOVE corny :)

Thanks for the Brady and Chloe! Love them back then.
Aw, Soaphead, I Love (with a capital L) corny too.

Here is a clip of Gloria Loring singing two classic Days songs. 1986
Features a lot of people, but focuses on Kim/Shane and Bo/Hope.
I wasn't watching back then, but I know good stuff when I see it. Have your hankies nearby. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yu9Zp3-uA5E

It was nice to see Bo and Hope happy instead of at each others throats.
Thanks for posting

~Ana

I guess I'm a cornball too because I always loved the singing on the show. I grew up watching Doug singing "The Look of Love" and "The Most Beautiful Girl in the World" to Julie. To a young girl, that seemed like the most romantic thing! I always enjoyed hearing Trish and Liz sing, as well. And didn't Justin used to sing to Adrienne?

Nadia Bjorlin recently tweeted that she won't be singing on the show anytime soon because of budget cuts. Apparently, the show can't afford to pay the fees to the songwriters, musicians, etc.

As soon as I saw the title of this thread the first thing that popped into my head was "Always". I will check out the you tubes in a bit.

Was watching Days footage from 2007 mostly to see Alice Horton and so much has changed....there are no longer any family moments or moments that make the viewers smile...All we have now 24/7 on the show is angst and drama which we should have BUT there needs to be a balance. And the fact that certain characters have changed so much just puts me off the show more

~Ana

one of the biggest tearjerker moments was when liz sang "here, there, and everywhere," to her brother todd as he died. i was little when that happened...8 or 9 maybe.

love~
elizabeth aka melaniesmama, a newbie

LOL, I loved the other one there, with Vivian & Stefano dancing.....move over DWTS....LOL (this was when Viv had that chip implant in her tooth, I believe)

Back