Google self

Lil0

Reaction score
Website
keraskitchen.com
I find this very unsettling. A new acquaintance told me she googled me and found some interesting facts -- including my phone number. So, I googled my own name and was alarmed at what I found. I think almost everything I've ever done "publicly". For example: questions I posted a couple of years ago on forums. Nothing is sacred. Even if you think you created a different identity, apparently. Yipes! Be careful. And I don't think there is a way to "erase" any of it.
Have you ever googled your own name?

I have, but there happens to be a writer of romance novels with the same name, and it sort of fills up the page, all the different references to that person.

The thing is, if you are in a phone book, or in anything that is open to the public, there it is. This is why one has to be very careful what one posts about themselves...or even others.

I have googles myself and found out that I am a lawyer, geological engineer, and hiker...who know!! LOL. I foudn it weird that there are at least four of me out there because my last name is not common.

I've searched myself before. There are connections there from past marriages that even took me a while to figure out, lol. Also some stuff from when I worked for the health department in the '80s and '90s. Old phone numbers and addresses, etc. I'll have to check again soon, as I'm sure national security will be interested in what I'm doing.....lol.

Apparently my married name is a very common name. There are several here in my state that have the exact same name and live in/visit the same areas I do. I've been accused of wire fraud, hot checks, selling drugs out of a hotel room, etc. The durgs thing was only a brief suspicion by a co-worker who heard my name but once the picture of a woman of another race appeared, he knew it wasn't me. I have found where a girl about my age was murdered (amoung other things) in Illinois. I've been very disturbed by what I've seen and not because of public information of mine being out there. Just what all these other people have going on.

Well I googled myself and thankfully all of my baby switching antics and my failed attempts of implanting chips into people's brains so they will do my bidding didn't come up. Phew! I would have alot to answer for if that ever came up! :rotfl:

Back