Graham Cracker Brownies

Fudd

Reaction score
2 cups graham cracker crumbs (about 32 squares)
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1 tsp. baking powder
pinch of salt
1 can (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk

In a bowl, combine all the ingredients. Spread into a greased 8-in. square baking pan. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.

I'm going to have to give those a try. :) Sounds simple and tasty.

Just curious...

Do you think you could add marshmallows to the top towards the end of baking? I'm only asking because the recipe sounds "S'mores-ish" but with no marshmallows. Yummm-oo
Thanks for sharing, when we have the planning meeting i KNOW WHAT i'LL BE MAKING!!

yLove
DAWN

That would probably work Dawn, they should get all nice and toasty, I'd wait until the last 5 minutes or so to add them so they don't burn or start on fire.

I made these the other day and they were good. I thought they were better after they had set for a while. I also think I would add a bit of cinnamon next time, or maybe just cinnamon graham crackers, as I like cinnamon and chocolate together. My mother would probably insist on adding toasted pecans. :)

Thanks for sharing the recipe!

Dawn -- you could definitely add marshmallows, but boy! they would be sweet! Amanda is right about waiting until about 5 minutes left on the baking time.

Paxton -- Around Christmas, Hershey was making cinnamon baking bits (looked just like chocolate chips, but cinnamon). I don't know if they still have them out or not, but if so, you could substitute some of them for the semi-sweet.

Back