Grief

rfsexton..... this February 14th it will be 25 years since I've been where you are.

Even though it is so very hard and so very painful to continue on each day..... start taking time out of your day to walk if you live where it's too cold to go outside then read for a set amount of time, time for you to do something other than the hard work of closing all the doors of a life no longer here.

AND ask for help.... if you have siblings give them a chore, if you don't have siblings ask someone to help even if it's just to sit with you while you open the mail. A pastor someone from your church.

come here and ask for help, this is a caring page

Understand, dealt with it all when my mom passed, been a lot of years.....also in the past year, when my hubby passed. With my mom, asked family, especially hers, if they wanted anything, so several came and in the end we did not have much deal with.

Am sorry for your loss, rf, it is hard, and doesn't help much to be told it gets better with time, but it is true. I hope you let others handle estate sale, just take time for yourself. God Bless you, & family. May your mom rest in peace.

I have been grieving the loss of my mother. I am really struggling. I am also having to go through her stuff and prep for an estate sale. It hurts so bad.
This is one of the most difficult times you'll ever go through. Allow yourself to grieve: cry, yell, scream, whatever. It's the only way the wound will start to heal. No feeling is wrong, even anger with God. A feeling just is..... Go ahead and allow the feeling. As you go through her things, maybe try to think of a good memory about that particular item.

I have lost my parents, 2 brothers and 2 sisters, plus my husband. One brother, one sister and my husband were all within 10 months. Settling the affairs takes time (and it will be frustrating at times). Just know that we are praying for you, sending you virtual hugs and, if in any way, let me know where I can help. I am a Social Worker by profession and know what a struggle it is, but my experiences are very personal.

God Bless you My Dear. God Loves You. Deuteronomy 31:6 and "Noting can separate us from the Love of God." Romans 8:38-39

rfsexton - Thinking of you and yours during this time of mourning. While we never get over loss, we do get through it over time. Lost both my parents and never thought I would be able to function again, but I did, slowly. As I tell everyone, cling to the wonderful memories you have and know that your loving mother is always with you and watching over you.

Rfsexton, my heart goes out to you. Yes, it does hurt so much to lose a mother, and to have to go through her things. If you don't have any family or anyone close, I pray God will send someone to just be there for you as you go through this.

rfsexton - its been 21 years since I lost my mom the night before Thanksgiving - I was 35. It was incredibly difficult. You never get over it but you do get through it. Some years are better than others. Holidays are hard. But your mom will always be with you in your heart. Prayers for you.

That is lovely, soapkitty........I still talk to my mom at times and it is so many years ago. I was 26 yrs. old, and had just begun having a miscarriage when I got the call. Told no one, was very very hard time. Take care of yourself, first and foremost, rf. Your mom is still there, looking out for you , she is always there.

Back