Gripe Fest....

She's also not wondering where her mother is?
That’s the biggest issue for me. Why hasn’t she questioned why no one seems to know where her mother is? Ciara knows her mom isn’t one to go off grid without a reason.

I totally forgot about the convent and how they became nuns for a hot ten minutes. Or was it a year and ten minutes because of the time jump?

Ok - born and raised Catholic here, also ex-nun. I am coming from a long history of Catholic upbringing. Here is another little fact that I believe is overlooked by someone who doesn't do their homework. I think it bothers me so much because people say things like "most people don't even know that" or "it's only a story". Then stop pretending you know about what you write.

If this were any non-Christian religion you can bet your bottom dollar they would make sure they knew details about what they were writing and not want to appear uninformed. But again, I did digress.

In the Catholic faith, the child or adult must have a baptismal name that is one with Jesus' Mother, Mary, or a Saint. Same thing for Confirmation. Carter is not a Saint last I knew. Jules is a nickname for Julie which is a nickname for Julia. The actual name would be Julia and then you call them whatever.

It's much the same how often a son named Jr. after his father is sometimes called by his middle name. I went to school with a boy named, Pat, and did not know until he received his diploma that his real name was something not remotely like Pat or Patrick. Turns out he got that name because of his loved of Patty Cake when he was an infant.

But if you are baptizing someone the official name is not their nickname. For example, I do not believe Carter is a Saint so they would need a second name such as Michael Carter or Carter Michael. It is insignificant to some people who do not have a history in that faith, but if you are going to incorporate something personal like religion, do your homework.

Amen, Alleluia and So Forth!

And don't even get me started AGAIN on Lani and Kristen being nuns. That would never have happened and not within that time frame. I get the whole soap speeding a story along (when in reality they tend to DRAG things out ad nauseum).

But their speeding along that story line was about 6 years minimum too fast. Also, Kristen - NAH not in a million years. She would never be allowed to make vows due to Canon Law. Saying you are sorry isn't going to cut it and certainly wouldn't put you on the fast track to vows. It's not like getting a marriage license and then marrying shortly thereafter.

Stupid and more stupid.

Last edited:
Yep, to every word. I think most folks were eye rolling when Lani & Kristen were supposedly novices, about to take final vows. Then they run off, with the nuns' clothing so they can pretend to still be in the convent. My aunt was a nun, my uncle a Franciscan monk, my young cousin became a nun.

One of the twins is named Carver, not Carter, & I doubt it is a saint's name.

Days writers cannot check even simple everyday things, so they just write whatever comes to mind, no matter how ridiculous, outlandish, or impossible.

i.e. would a district attorney really go ahead with expense of a trial, based on a faked confession, and evidence already proved inconclusive? Trask has been much smarter than that.......at least before Ron C. came aboard.

I knew it was Carver and my brain cramped for some reason. Still holds true. Thanks for keeping me honest

Yes Michael Corleone was Catholic but he wasn't being ordained a priest. There are plenty of bad Catholics portrayed in movies etc. There are bad Catholics who have committed heinous crimes against humanity. The problem with any of the Corleones would be if he wanted to become a priest. Canon Law would not have allowed it.

I had a class mate in the convent whose parents' marriage was never blessed by the Church. They nearly kicked her out and forbid her to make vows because it was considered by Canon Law an impediment. If you were somehow crippled or flawed that could be discerned visibly, you would be forbidden. If you entered knowing you would not be able to conceive or have children, Canon Law forbid you becoming a nun or priest.

It was supposed to prohibit people from seeking life in the priesthood or convent as an escape from an infirmity etc rather than a choice of life in the service of the Church. Of course, we know from recent history, a lot of those flawed people concealed their impediments and went on to do things against Church and mankind's teachings.

I am just trying to keep it real. When you know something is not being presented in an educated way, you become concerned that others not knowing any better would think that info was correct or true. There is so much misinformation and it bothers me. All the science fiction crap they have made the byproduct of Salem plotlines bothers me just as much.

Last edited:
Repentance without genuine behavioral change is meaningless. Repentance isn't a get out of Hell free card you can abuse to avoid the consequences of your actions. I think this is what offends me most about Kristen's time as a nun. No religion in the world would knowingly accept Kristen DiMera as a member, except maybe Scientology for her money. They love them some cash.

I also dislike that none of the younger crowd appears to be working. At least before, Claire and Tripp worked in that restaurant in the Square waiting tables. Now, neither of them have that job anymore and Tripp is not talking about going back to med school now that his name has been cleared of Allie's rape.

Allie appears to be living off of Nicole and taking care of Henry there (and it looks like Nicole does more taking care of him when she is home). Ben does not work and spends all of his time looking for Ciara before and worrying over her now. Now we have Chanel in town and Paulina telling her she has to work and obviously this girl wants to live off mom's money.

I hope in the weeks ahead we see that Theo has some sort of job or even better a career path. At least show that these kids have something going on towards a career or a job. While we don't always see other members working, we know Brady, Chloe and Nicole are working at Basic Black, Jake and Kate at DiMera, Philip at Titan, Gabi opening her store GabiChic with Philip at Titan (hopefully Ciara will join her uncle there soon so she has something going on), John and Steve at BlackPatch, Marlena and Kayla as doctors, Julie and Roman with their restaurants, Abe as mayor, Jack and Abby at the newspaper (and Jennifer if and when she comes back), Rafe, Eli, Shawn, and Lani as cops, Justin and Belle as lawyers (the competence level of the people in these two professions are debatable but at least they are working).

Chad, Gwen, and Xander have worked in the past but are now in between jobs, but at some point they will probably find something else in the future. Let's move the younger generation along on this path.

Bringing this back, because 90% of the Gwen story and 100% of the Kristen as (fill in the character) story could be stopped if people just sat down and talked things out. If Abby texted directly with her stay-at-home husband instead of the nanny.

As several folks have mentioned, Lucas and Chloe would make more sense if they just agreed to be friends. Lucas didn't need to make a stupid lie, it insults the viewers.

angry face.JPG

The Kristen-in-a-mask nonsense has been carried to absurd extremes. In fact, it's essentially science fiction. As was once demonstrated on Mythbusters, a professionally-made mask can fool people from a distance, but up close the impersonation becomes obvious. That said, how far are the writers going to take their favorite nonsense scheme?
  • To destroy the Brady-Chloe friendship, Kristen puts on a Chloe mask and makes a fake attempt on the clueless one's life.
  • To ruin John and Marlena's life at last, Kristen dons a Marlena mask and tells John that she's walking out on him.
  • To silence Viv, Kristen slips into prison wearing a Vivian mask. She then attacks a guard and slips away. The real Viv ends up in solitary confinement.
  • Deciding to play the role of the Grinch, Kristen puts on a Steve mask and assumes the role of the beloved Patchy Claus. Instead of treating the little children to gifts and ho-ho-hos, she terrifies them with horror stories (e.g., Rudolf the zombie reindeer).

Last edited:
Back