Had to put my dog down yesterday 5-27-16

ShaSha

Reaction score
What a horrible afternoon yesterday. His name was Rudy. Spirited, loving, smart, Yorkie-poo. He had red hair like me and had the smarts of the poodle and looked like a Yorkie. This little guy got sick so quickly and I knew I better call the vet. before they left for the weekend. .Luckily they told me to come.

Grabbed up Rudy, who was so lethargic, and drove to the vet. They took blood tests and an exam. In my heart I knew what was coming. Started to cry even before the vet came back in the room. Rudy was bundled-up in a blanket because he was cold. It was then I knew. So hard. They left me with Rudy in the room to say my goodbye. So difficult. I told Rudy how much I loved him. Kissed and hugged him. His eyes were sleepy.

The v
et and his assistant came back into the room prepared to do the kindest thing they could considering Rudy's status.

The vet. knelt down and spoke to Rudy about what a good boy he was and how much everyone loved him. So it began as I held Rudy, he died peacefully and I gave him more kisses. :cry: :cry:

I have two others at home. They're all a few months apart from each other, but different breeds. Rudy would have been 13 in August.

The house is extremely silent this morning. Rudy's brothers are so still and quiet as well.

So the sadness and morning my little boy is extremely hard. I will miss him. Thank you for listening. :cry:

ShaSha

Thank you for sharing and my condolences.

Death, hmmm, did not even think about that when I got these pups but I do know I spent almost a thousand dollars overnight at the weekend vet when we found out JBS has pancreatitis, so good thing you got to go to your regular vet and have special time with your dog in his time to go.

Hopefully your remaining pups are not too sad.

Last edited by a moderator:
So sorry! I had to do the same, last year and I still miss him so much. My profile picture is my new dog but it took over a year to get a new dog. It just hurt too much.

I'm so sorry for your loss, ShaSha. Rudy sounds like he was very special to you.

Thank you all for your many kind thought and sharing your experiences as well. I still have Rudy's brothers, Cinnamon, my cock-a-poo, and Tink, a poochi. All of them were and are a few months apart from each other. The house is silent, they are very quiet right now and looking for their brother.

Yesterday morning I had a spiritual moment. While standing and washing a few dishes and looking out my kitchen window, out of nowhere came a few beautiful cardinals. They flew and stood in front of me in my night blooming jasmine tree and another floral bush. They were happy and singing. I knew this was some kind of spiritual gift. I went into my computer and researched the sign. Another American Indian gift about when cardinals appear to you when you just had a loss.

It says, "Have you been seeing cardinals? Thinking it might be a sign from the spirits or your deceased loved ones?
If so, you may be right! Those on the other side love more than anything to send you signs, symbols, and hints that they are near and with you, more than you may even know.. You can be sent an external sign that they're with you, as an added assurance of their very real presence in spirit.

Your loved one in spirit, now exist entirely in a form of energy and as such, they can utilize the enegry present in animals, and plants, to connect with you. This is temporary, and your loved ones can 'borrow' the body of an animal and use their energy to connect with you, and this is the same technique, but only, with wildlife."

This gift has such meaning for me and to know Rudy is still with me....This experience made me smile and feel better.....Really wanted to share this with all of you.

My cousin attended her son's funeral in another state. She lives here in Florida. After the funeral there appeared many red cardinals and she did not understand what was happening. I shared my experience yesterday with her and she told me her story. I share dthe spiritual sign and she was just so touched by the meaning of the cardinals' appearance.

My cousin was going to call her daughter-in-law and let her know that their experience was a sign from their deceased, son, and husband. Thank you for listening and caring. ShaSha

I just saw this. My heart goes out to you. The furry members of our families are God's gift to us. They show His unconditional love, with every paw print they make on our hearts.

We never say good bye, in our memories they live on. Sometimes I can almost feel our Peekapoo, Jack, jump up beside me on the couch. He has been gone for almost 18 years. but he is still in my heart and I remember him and smile.

Give Rudy's brothers a love pat from me and I will remember you in my prayers.

My thoughts and prayers go out to you. I know what it is like losing an animal as I had a cat for 17 years and had to put her down as well. I still really miss her but I am happy that I was able to share my life with her. Our pets surely touch our hearts. Rest in peace Rudy and much love to you ShaSha. :hug:

So sorry for your loss, Shasha. I'm sure everyone, including your other two dogs will notice the chance and adjustment. Nice story of the cardinals too. Glad it gave you some comfort.

Back