Hashimoto's Disease

UPDATE ~~ I met with my naturopath on Friday to review my latest lab results. My Thyroglobulin Antibody count has gone from 34.1 to 19.5. Yay! Moving in the right direction. [Ideally, this should be less than 1.] I have a lot of inflammation, which, I'm sure, accounts for the leg pains I am experiencing. So, I will continue with the AIP dietary guidelines for the foreseeable future. All in all, feeling very optimistic that I am making progress.

Apparently I have an autoimmune thyroid disease. I'm hoping this will account for most [if not all] of the disturbing symptoms I continue to be dealing with. I will follow a very restrictive diet for a while and see if that makes a difference. No grains, dairy, or nightshade family. There are a few other restrictions, but those are the big ones for me!! I have been using goat milk dairy -- which might turn out to be OK. I think I'll drop ALL dairy for a while and see how it goes. Anyone else out there dealing with this? What have you learned?

Sorry to hear. My sister-in-law has it and is under a special diet to help. Try to research and find the nutritional diet to help you. Good Lucik and God bless.

Back