Hate to say this but.. (about Theresa)

maruuac

Reaction score
I am starting to like Theresa! She is FINALLY starting to grow a brain. She is playing her cards right and may get Brady after all! I liked how she handled Anne when Anne wanted her to go out and get drunk with her and I liked how she is starting to hold her own with Kate and Nicole. I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'm starting to root for Theresa!

I ALMOST agree with you and have been kinda inching to liking the direction she seems to be heading, but are we being suckered into rooting for Theresa? I loved how she realized how bad and negative her behavior was when with Anne. I truly hope this is the start towards maturity and redemption, but with her it's like waiting for the other shoe to drop. I hope I'm wrong because her evil behavior has been way over done

Though I haven't always agreed with Theresa's actions I have always liked her. And I have to say that I wanted to smack Brady at the funeral. It was disrespectful for Jenn and JJ to be there and if they had to be there, they should have sat in back and not 3 feet from her mourning mother. They could have paid their "respects" from a distance and refrained from attending the after the funeral gathering.

Brady getting on Theresa and lecturing her was complete BS. Theresa just lost her niece and was going through the process of and pain of mourning. Anger is a natural part of that so Brady can just shut his judgmental morally superior (ain't that a laugh) mouth.

Jenn and JJ aren't family, they have nothing but bad blood with Eve and even in their so called "good" intentions they caused more pain to the family in mourning.

I am glad Eve told them off, I'm glad Brady heard it and I am glad that Theresa went to comfort Eve.

I haven't liked Theresa since she came back but I do think they are trying to redeem her a bit. I agree with you SarahBeth, Jen and JJ should have stayed to the back at the funeral and not attended the gathering after. Brady said it was to honor Paige, but in reality, the funeral and reception is for the living.....the dead don't know who was there or not.

Don't agree at all. Jennifer went to Eve's apt. to express her condolences, tried to make peace. I do understand Eve refusing to do so.......but Jen told Eve she & JJ would be at the funeral. Eve did nothing to prevent that.
JJ lost his love, one he was much closer to, one who loved him, one who he knew way better than Theresa knew her niece.
And Eve is the one (and she knows this) who caused the problems between her and her daughter. Not Jennifer, not Daniel, but Eve herself. She was the mother of a beautiful young girl, and chose to flirt and then have sex with the guy her daughter loved. Oh, not pinning roses on JJ, as he was vulnerable enough to fall for it, since he & Paige were on the outs (the lst time).

The fact is.....there were only a few people at that funeral. The Days actors are the ones who sit u p front, while the under 5's sit in back, and there were very few of them as well. When Eve arrived, and began her rant, Daniel, Jen & JJ left. Quickly. Eve doesn't want to be comforted, she did not want anyone's sympathy, she wanted her daughter back.
People that might be called "family" were not there. Paige's parents, aunt, and some friends. And Paige did count Daniel, Jennifer as good friends, people she counted on. JJ as well, though Eve has no idea the why of that. (JJ's undercover work)

Theresa wanted to be very angry, but Theresa did her own share of bad things she wants folks to forgive and forget. She is mad at Jennifer because jen caught her stealing from the hospital? She is mad at JJ because he also caught her stealing, and arranged for her to be unable to get the money. She was mad at Brady, because she had got him really high, off to Vegas, married him when he was so out of it he did not remember, and then whacked Brady's dad in the head, putting him in a coma, blaming Brady for it. Oh, yeah, Theresa doesn't deserve a word from Brady's "judgemental, morally superior mouth". :sarcasm:

Jennifer definitely caused her share as well. It was Jenn who blackmailed Eve into backing off so JJ could pursue Paige again, thus helping cause such pain to Paige. And Jenn who was supposedly the good guy relished every moment she could lord it over Eve. Jenn also couldn't just "win" the fight over Jack's royalties she had to gloat and do the superior dance whenever she got the chance. Eve is a rotten person who knows she is. Jenn is a rotten snooty thing who thinks she's a princess and can't be happy she "won" but has to gloat and revel in it.

The fact is that Theresa, Brady, and at least Rafe should have been in the front row as well and Jenn, JJ and Daniel could have been behind them. They could have quietly and respectfully attend and quietly left afterward.

Eve shouldn't have had to tell Jenn to back off of the funeral. Jenn should have known that by the way Eve wasn't welcoming or open to her "comfort", understanding or peace offering. Eve shouldn't be expected to either considering she was burying her only child. Common sense should have told Jenn to back off.

The writing for Jeannie T (everyone, really) has been great, if they could just drop the Brady part. And I do want her to pay for attacking John, even if it's community service or a fine or something. The problem of the old regime's writing could not be clearer. Jen Lilley (Jeannie T) always had the goods, and she's part of a core family and the daughter of a supercouple. It's a shame we had to wait nearly 3 years to start to like her...almost.

@SaraBeth.....the reason for whatever went on at the funeral is because that is the way the writers wanted it to go, and wrote it. They are doing a terrific job at healing the wounds inflicted on Salem & it's citizens by the previous regime.

@SarahBeth. I don't agree, at least about Brady and Theresa. When he talked to her it actually calmed her down and he seems to be having that effect on her lately. However, for those who do not like Brady, he could hang the moon and it still wouldn't be good enough.

I do agree that given the history, Jen and JJ most certainly should have stayed in the background.

Totally agree with Poirot. Couldn't have said it better myself.

I don't care much one way or the other about the Brady/Theresa drama, but I've been there and done that with unwanted people at a funeral. If JJ and Jen had to go to the funeral they should have come in, stayed in the background, and left. Never should have attended after funeral reception but this is Salem and it made for better drama.

I am liking how the new regime is writing Theresa. This is how Theresa should have been like from the start. Not entirely innocent but there is something about her that now makes you root for her now. The old Theresa under the previous writing team was just horrible. The character had no good qualities at all!

While Theresa seems to be behaving better, it also seems she is putting on an act for the benefit of Brady. She already has indicated, more than once, her desire to have Brady love her again.
What is wrong with that is that Brady never really loved her. She got him drugs, was willing to drink, do drugs and have sex with him. Those all seem to be Brady's addictions. :rolleyes: And she fed into them easily.
I do hope Theresa changes her life, her attitude, and makes something of herself, without having her eye on what she considers the prize......Brady.

Brady would have found a way to feed his addictions whether Theresa was there or not. He's rich with lots of connections so he really didn't need her. He just wanted her. But that is in the past for both of them. They both turned away from the drugs and booze for a good long time.
I wonder if tptb are going to pursue Brady seeing how dismissive Nicole and Kate are to Theresa instead of seeing how much of an asset she can be. I'd like to see her design one heck of a dress for Abby and have them see how bad they were to her. As long as that dress doesn't end up in a completed wedding.

Interesting how one feels about "place". I was at a funeral 2 weeks ago where the widow sat next to a window on the one side, next to her was the DAUGHTER of a recent in-law. The SISTER of the deceased was sitting at the other end. No one thought anything or said anything. And there were a lot of people there. People just sit in an available place sometimes.

Sarah Beth, I agree with those who have said that Jennifer, JJ, and Daniel should have stayed in the background and left after the funeral. I also think that due to Eve's past history, Jennifer should have had the common sense to steer clear, given she KNEW full well how Eve would react. It goes without saying that Eve, in her pain and agony, would lash out.. She did before with Kimberly when she believed Shane had died in an explosion in late Summer 1989. Jennifer should have remembered that and she never should left herself open.

Interesting how one feels about "place". I was at a funeral 2 weeks ago where the widow sat next to a window on the one side, next to her was the DAUGHTER of a recent in-law. The SISTER of the deceased was sitting at the other end. No one thought anything or said anything. And there were a lot of people there. People just sit in an available place sometimes.
I agree unless the grieving family ie spouse, mother, father etc hates the sight of you........then don't make them more miserable by being anywhere near them. But as I said above, this is Salem and many times good manners and good sense just don't seem to matter. Just my opinion.:)

While Theresa seems to be behaving better, it also seems she is putting on an act for the benefit of Brady. She already has indicated, more than once, her desire to have Brady love her again.
What is wrong with that is that Brady never really loved her. She got him drugs, was willing to drink, do drugs and have sex with him. Those all seem to be Brady's addictions. :rolleyes: And she fed into them easily.
I do hope Theresa changes her life, her attitude, and makes something of herself, without having her eye on what she considers the prize......Brady.

Completely agree. While I am liking the new writing, I would like it a lot more if she were out of Brady's orbit completely. They were never a real couple and I don't think they have chemistry. They are also at completely different places in life. I think they should co-parent Tate without Jeannie T living at the KMansion. And then gradually both she and Brady can fall in love with other people.

Back