Heart Attack!!!!

Hey, now...you cut that out! Nobody gave you permission to go and have a heart attack. Hope you'll be better soon, and I hope the MRI doesn't find anything of consequence. Keep us posted. :hug:

They replaced Verapamil with Metoprolol Tartrate 25 mg, also taking Isosorbide MN ER 30 mg...Nitro if necessary...ShaSha

Don't know much about those meds, heard of the lst one, though. Just take care, and if any unusual side effects, let them know again, tho I know you would do that anyway.Several friends have had problems with BP meds, so hopefully yours are not interacting????

ShaSha: holding you up in prayer! And praying the doctors be granted the wisdom to treat you correctly. Hugs

Sending thoughts and prayers your way!!! If you want to talk to someone who has been a life-long heart patient...PM me. I am on my second pacemaker and had to have cardi0version (i.e. stop the heart / restart it) about two years ago to get my heart back in rhythm. It is scary, but you have made it through the worst.

If your doctor doesn't respond, find another who will...the heart is nothing to mess around with.

Just thought I would mention, that today I have to go for a MRI of my Abdomen...when they did a CT in the hospital and they did the CT because I had pain and swelling from the Cardio Cath..., they seemed to have found some suspicious things going on in my Abdomen. So today I will go and find out what is going on there as well...

Boy when it rains it poors...whatever is there, it could be there for many years...I have gone for many tests and procedures so I am hoping it is nothing I haven't heard about before...We will see...I will keep you all posted...Thanks....ShaSha

Thanks for the update, ShaSha. I hope everything turns out fine and you recovery fully!

How scary! I'm glad you are better. Take care of yourself.

Sorry to hear all this ShaSha and I sure hope all works out okay. Eat plenty of fresh veggies on each meal's plate & try to reduce your sodium intake to 1500 total for the day. You'll be surprised at how much salt you taste in everything when you don't use salt much.

You may need to have the Dr. adjust the Metoprolol if it drops your heart rate too low. My ex had 2 heart attacks in 2010 and had stints put in, and has angina. The Metoprolol was lowering his heart rate too low so they stopped him taking it. It is a life adjustment and is very scary for all around.

I hope all works out well with the abdomen tests.

I must have missed this thread untill now I am so glad you are on the road to recovery God bless you
I will keep you in my prayers:love:

Back