Hope and...

• Rafe

Votes: 6 26.1%
  • new love

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • no one

Votes: 12 52.2%

• Total voters
The thing that annoys me is that they are trying to turn Hope and Rafe into an iconic supercouple. I just don't see them that way and I don't like the show pushing them similar to how they pushed Daniel and Jennifer. I would not mind Hope having another relationship after Bo if they would treat her like the 50 plus woman that she is with two grown children and granddaughter. Doug still calls her his princess and treats her like she is still a young girl. Hope herself does not always acknowledge her actual relationship with her younger relatives (she told Eli when they first met that she was his cousin when she is actually his great aunt). Also, look how long it took the show to have her acknowledge Claire as her granddaughter or for Claire to call her Gram.

I agree with the posters above that mentioned Aiden for Hope. Aiden himself had a child from a previous relationship and it would have been a blending of the two families. But then the writers had to go ahead and trash both Aiden and Chase forever ruining them on the show.

At this point, I don't see anyone currently on the show that works for a relationship with Hope. As new characters rarely work out on the show anymore, I don't see them bringing on anyone new for her either that would be successful, so I prefer her single and unattached.

I don't know how to answer this. I like Hope and Rafe, just not romantically linked. I still want Rafe to have kids of his own and I want Hope to focus on her own kids and grandkid for a while. I also don't think she properly mourned Bo (not a time issue, just a process issue).

I did like Hope and Aiden though they were boring at times. I think Ron could have remedied that. I actually always thought they should have done a triangle with Jennifer.

I do think that Bo will return someday, maybe not today or tomorrow but someday.

But at the end of the day, my opinion is that the show still thinks 50+ Hope is their star leading lady. So connect her with a handsome younger man in the hopes that the audience will think she's younger than she is. Keep her away from her adult offspring for the same reason. Make her police commissioner for the same reason.

Hope needs time to finish grieving & her family dreams for the future. Then she needs time to re-establish her independence, regain her feisty spirit, and then move forward.

It does seem that the show treats a few of its actors much differently than the actors who began with Days. Alice & Tom Horton, Caroline & Shawn bBady were always portrayed as parents, grandparents, wisely dispensing advice, engaging in adventures, caring for family members. As those members got older, though, the show ignores the fact they have grown children, grown grandchildren, pretending, in a way, that they are still "youngsters". LOL

I really like both Hope and Rafe, but have stated already that I believe the show has overdone the older woman, younger man thing. I really would love for some female to come to Salem with a young child, deliver that child to Rafe saying they no longer are able to care for it. (ala Anna years ago with Carrie) an thus, give Rafe his own child. Either that, or have him take in a foster he adopts. On his own.

I'd like to see a new female doctor come to town and sweep Rafe off his feet knowing she is THE ONE.
The one to spend his life with.
The one that will love him back.
The one that will want children with him.
He needs to be a father just like Nicole needed to be a mother in my soap opera mind.:)

I originally voted someone new but after reading most of the posts I changed it to no one. Although to see her have a relationship one day would be nice but right now she should be alone.

As for Rafe, I agree with some of you that say he should have a kid. He was so good with Sami's kids I think the character should be a father.

Rafe has had many chances over the years to father a child. Maybe it's not what HE wants. He definitely won't have one with Hope unless the writers knock a decade or two off the character's age. Either that, or it will be fodder for a National Enquirer article or a nod in The Guinness Book of World Records.

Trouble is......Rafe either hooked up with someone with children who did not want any more, or else had no interest in becoming a parent at the time (or perhaps could not, or was on the pill, etc. )

And, if I may, having a child does not always means having one biologically. Rafe has treated Sami's kids like his own, indeed, and now, in the very few scenes he has with Ciara and with Shawn Douglas (I wish there were more), you can see their relationship is a good one. Both Ciara and Shawn defended Rafe and encouraged Hope to give him another chance. I bet now, though Ciara will never forget Bo, that she sees Rafe as a father. And again, why not?

There are so many examples, whether in real life or in movies and TV, where characters develop a relationship so strong that they become father/son, mother/daughter, mother/son, etc, even though there is no blood relation. So I don't think Rafe having kids "of his own" should be an issue. Regardless if people like him with Hope (again, I'm one of the few who do) or not.

Poirot, then he could have chosen to have a child with someone who wanted one. Unfortunately, the social amenities such as love, marriage, then sex and babies don't seem to apply these days, especially in Salem. I don't recall if he ever discussed having a child with Sami.

If he did.....off camera. We cannot say. And one does not choose a partner based on whether they want to have a child with them or not. Heck, most couples never even think about that initially. When it happens, it is a surprise, usually a welcome and happy one. Sometimes not. (See Lani)
Rafe is good with kids, definitely. Sami's kids adored him. And Bo's children depended on him a lot, have a great deal of respect and love for him. Just a shame, no one to call him "daddy". But, that is the way it goes. I think Eric also would make a good dad, & he doesn't have any kids, either. :)

I agree Rafe and Eric would be great daddies whether biological or not. I would love to see either one's face light up on screen when some child calls them daddy.

I could be wrong but I seem to remember that Rafe and Sami did talk about having kids and he did get excited that he would get to have a child. I think they were actually taking about trying and I don't recall why they didn't, maybe they started having issues in their marriage.

Being a stepmother myself, l absolutely believe that being a parent isn't always about biology. Nor do I think that everyone should have children . My comment was more about the fact that I recalled he wanted to have children when he was with Sami.

There's no one really out there for Hope really that is currently written in. Unless they revisit the slime bags like Franco Kelly or Patrick Lockheart?

Back