Hope's goodbye to Nick

Reaction score
I thought it was amazing. Hope brought me to tears. She genuinely seemed to feel she failed him as a family member and as someone who is a police officer and knew what he had been through in prison. Great scene.

Hope does too much as it is. She's a single mom now, has a more than full-time job, and all the stuff she does for Ciara's school. I felt really bad for her feeling she failed Nick. At the same time, Nick kind of made a point to avoid her, it seemed. Especially after she told him she would be keeping an eye on him that last time they talked. He knew she thought he was up to something. Nick was pretty good at keeping his family at bay.

I don't think anyone failed Nick. He avoided his family as much as he could, since it really was a strain keeping the wool pulled over all their eyes. I don't know why Hope had to see him alone first. She had just talked to Maggie about Nick, and his actions, & Maggie already said she had spoken to Nick, and so sent Julie to try. Nick refused to accept family advice, help, etc. and did stay away from them all. If they saw him, it was accidental.

I thought it was a bit too much. I think that Hope should have said something like she knew there was still issues but even she didn't see that he could have made such enemies that someone would want to kill him. A little more shock at the realization than the blubbering tears would have been more appropriate considering being a detective. Now I think that if all the truth of what Nick had done had been exposed I could see her blubbering and saying what she did but she truly has no clue what a bas...(what Abby called him) he truly was.

Back