How did Steve leave?

NikkiFan

Reaction score
I am watching old episodes of Days. I am currently watching 2006 when Jack runs into Steve/Nick. I can't remember how they wrote Steve out the last time. Could someone please remind me?

The very last time, Kayla & Steve were in the hospital, under quarantine after she was gassed. Anyway, she was getting better, and that was the last we SAW of them. Abby mentioned Dad took mom home a week or so later. And then after a few months or so, somebody in the family mentioned how Steve & Kayla went to Africa - not sure if they were with Bill Horton or not, but they were "doing good for the people" evidently.

...Abby mentioned Dad took mom home a week...

Stephanie mentioned this...right? (Admittedly I had stopped watching regularly because of the crummy writing Steve/Kayla got. I had started watching again to see them, too.)

Later (2011), Kayla returned to town and Steve was off adventuring for the ISA, which had been a point of contention for them. They divorced. My opinion: SILLY and petty of the writers to handle it this way.

And pretty much on par with how they've treated Jack/Jennifer, Bo/Hope, John/Marlena, Justin/Adrienne and seemingly Kim/Shane. It always starts out with the couple together with the male offscreen and then eventually they divorce or get estranged due to some "bad" behavior by the male. The only exception was they killed Jack off. Me thinks someone on TPTB went through a bad breakup/divorce from her husband and is channeling that anger into the show's storylines.

Not coincidental when it's happened to this many couples in a relatively short timeframe (less than 3 years).

No, I think she got pregnant after the quarantine and it was a very rapid pregnancy. Then they left Salem. That is my recollection--I had thought the purpose of the quarantine was to reunite Kayla and Steve since he had no memory of their past at that time.

Maybe Jason47 can clarify this?

I remember that Kayla was called to one of the hospital rooms for some emergency, that is where she got gassed, and I believe it was Steve who found her, thus he, too, quarantined. Benji came to see him then.
Kayla had taken Steve away to to some isolated place, an island or something, where she worked on him regaining his memory. This was all off screen, they returned and he had remembered. We saw none of that.

After Steve & Kayla were unable to adopt Pocket, she got pregnant with Joey. I remember there was some sort of black mark on his wrist or thumb (which was supposed to indicate a Stefano thing of some kind, but the writers wisely chose to just forget/change/ignore/ never to be spoken of again.

@JasonD...yes, of course I meant Stephanie. LOL.

After the quarantine, Kayla took him to a place where he might remember and that's where he finally remembered her; that was in December 2006. When they got back, Benji gave him a card from Stefano and he went crazy. Kayla took him to island to help de-program him.
This is just before they were written out.

Back