How do I post a new thread?

Wayne

WebHamster
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Since upgrading the site, the biggest question I believe I've received (repeatedly) is;

"Help! I'm lost and can't figure out how to create a new thread"

Looking at the site, I can understand how the confusion might occur, so I thought maybe I'd babble a bit and try to help;

When you first come to the site, you end up on a list of the most recent posts that might look a little like this; (click to enlarge)

ss0.jpg

YOU CANNOT CREATE A NEW POST FROM HERE BECAUSE YOU HAVEN'T ACTUALLY ENTERED THE FORUM IN WHICH YOU WANT TO POST

When you enter a thread to read it, you can't create a new thread there, because you're already reading a topic (how would you create a new thread from inside another?)

Indeed, to create a new thread, you would first need to select the right forum (please) from your screen which will look a lot like this; (click to enlarge)

ss2.jpg

Once you've chosen the appropriate forum (again, PLEASE choose wisely), you should see a little brown button somewhere near the top right of your screen that says "Post New Thread" (circled in red below). Clicking on that will get you where you want to go...

ss3.jpg

Back