How do you score?

I got a 4.............

never heard of MySpace account or how one would access internet by dial-up.......but then living out here in the super boondocks...no wonder.

Maybe I did, just can't remember. LOLOL I do remember we had telephone poles, trees always falling on them, phone company finally got tired of constantly coming out to repair and took down poles, put lines underground. .........

I had dial up internet for a long time because I couldn't afford the other. It was a pain.

I still use my typewriter.

3 for me!

Never had MySpace account, never never had an AOL email address, never used dial-up.

old-woman-im-old.gif

LOL, you also got 3 of mine..Ha! You know, been thinking and do remember that when I first got internet, I was limited to a very small amount of time, like 5 or 10 minutes! Maybe that was dial up. LOL, who knows?

I must be a real relic, scoring a one for never using MySpace. I still look at paper maps (although I swear by Google maps and street view), write an occasional check, and still have my ancient AOL email account. Perhaps even worse, I can recall when rotary phones, VHS, CDs, electric typewriters, fax, dial-up internet, and cassette tapes were the latest and the greatest.

I purchase a Rand McNally spiral bound large map every year and keep it in my car. The GPS is great but sometimes you need to know "more" about what's ahead....and the potential road less traveled......

I got a MySpace page when my boys had one.... just to see what silliness was on the site.....it was worrisome for me and they got bored easily....I got of Facebook originally because my work place asked me to to follow what a small group was saying about the software.... we had two teams and I didn't work with that one, but knew the product so I could spy report problems and they could offer solutions before the district requested.... hey I was getting paid to be on Facebook for an hour a day..... then the OVERLORDS took over and the job became a hellscape.....

I was first introduced to computers (PC, not Mac) around '92, at work. I don't know if they used dial-up. Got my first personal laptop around 2004, can't recall exact year. No dial-up, WiFi. We have come a long way, but I still miss the Selectric typewriter sometimes.

You all made me think back. I somehow went to a computer class, learned what they were all about, how to use, blah, blah. Years ago. At the end, for some reason, teacher gave opportunity to buy the used computer, and I did. Hubby was not at all happy, but it was just a couple hundred $$$. So long ago. I think it was thru the local highschool....... Was a very small screen but it worked great. Nope, not a MAC. Ha.

Zero. I did all of the things in the list. every single one of them. I wish I still had access to MySpace. Some photos of my daughter on there I'd love to get back. Sigh, oh well.

Funny story. So on MySpace, you can set a song to play when people visit your page. A friend of ours got into some trouble and had to spend a few nights in jail (hadn't paid his car taxes, tsk tsk), but anyway, he asked us to log in to his MySpace for him and message his mom or girlfriend or something, I really don't remember the "why" he needed us on there. But we took full advantage. We changed his profile picture to his mug shot and changed his page song to Akon's "I got locked up, they won't let me out", and we laughed and laughed and boy was he mad at us, but man, so worth it. Hahahahaah.

Anyway, carry on.

You all made me think back. I somehow went to a computer class, learned what they were all about, how to use, blah, blah. Years ago. At the end, for some reason, teacher gave opportunity to buy the used computer, and I did. Hubby was not at all happy, but it was just a couple hundred $$$. So long ago. I think it was thru the local highschool....... Was a very small screen but it worked great. Nope, not a MAC. Ha.
I went to computer school on my own, not paid for by my job, to learn how to use a mouse! I knew NOTHING. The concept of computers in offices was so new, most of us had trouble adapting. Those were clunky devices with green screens, but considered modern back then. I wondered when laptops were first on the scene and found this nugget:

Toshiba launched the 8/16-bit Toshiba T1100 in 1985, and has subsequently described it as "the world's first mass-market laptop computer". It did not have a hard drive, and ran entirely from floppy disks.

This is an image of the first laptop. Holy cow! Definitely can't fit THIS into your pocketbook!! Almost looks like something Dr. Rolf bought on Frankenstein.com:

4df51a7bccd1d56f6d010000

Back