How do you score?

Never had MySpace or AOL Address. Had the opportunity, but never had. Still have floppy discs, CD, cassette, vinyl, VHS (although some have been converted to DVD now), phone book, send postcards, use a dictionary and pay with paper checks. I just gave my encyclopedia away.

• Still have a landline
  • Phone books no longer published, used to be delivered to the mail room. Now have to do online searches which don't always produce results
  • Still write checks, but not as often
  • Just bought a new Walkman for my cd's
  • Still listen to AM/FM radio
  • Maybe not considered that retro, but have a flip phone, it suits my needs

I recently dropped my landline, no one I ever wanted to talk to called me on it. I unplugged it for a year before I finally stopped paying for it. I write 3 checks a year on average, to the bug guy at our cabin, to my accountant then there always appears to be something random that I pay for via check.

I still have and use MY landline. I have a cheapie cell phone, I hate using a cell phone.....so just my preference. Actually have a few friends who never use a cell, prefer their landlines. But my daughter & my son only use a cell. I hate not being able to find someone in a phone book, but most businesses still use landlines. At least here they do. The thing is, rural folks need them. When folks come up here, always complain they can't use their cells. When I lived by the lake, was a 1/2 mile in, you could get service out by the mail box, but not at the house. So......landlines it is.

Admittedly, I don't write as many checks as I used to, but, still do write them. Convenient when one has to pay a repairman, and definitely my utility bills here. Also listen to the radio every single day.

I have huge boxes full of CDs, tapes, vinyl records....no longer have anything to play any of them, so would like to dispose of them all. However, I don't want to throw in the trash...There has to be folks somewhere who'd delight in them?? Well who knows?

I am with you there @ShaunP(not ShawnD!) 0 points. I remember having the sound from Titanic as my closing for AOL. LOL, When I signed out, it was Jack on the front of the ship saying Goodbye :rotfl: I too also have MySpace, with old pics etc. I did actually log onto it not too long ago, looking for an old video I recorded.

Poirot, check your library with your VHS tapes, CDs etc. Some libraries accept them. I also put a notice out to friends and gave away or sold many of my VHS tapes. Wish I had not sold some of them. One was the original Disney Bambi. Found out it's worth about $500+

Back