How much do you really know about yourself?

Wayne

WebHamster
Reaction score
Greetings one and all!

Ever wonder how much you actually know about yourself?

For about two years now, I've had Day One loaded on my iPad and iPhone. It's probably the best personal journal app made for the Mac (or PC for that matter) with the glaring omission that it doesn't offer a web interface...

My original intent was to document my process through my Gastric Bypass procedure, and document maybe my experiences at getting healthier. What I found however is that writing in a journal is a lot like whining to yourself, which is weird, because it doesn't really help get things off your proverbial chest.

This weekend, I drove up to Maryland to see the limited release "Steve Jobs" movie (great movie by the way) and while I was there, a street festival was going on outside. After walking that, I ended up stopping in a Barnes and Noble to see if they had any SharePoint 2013 books that I thought were helpful.

They didn't, but while I was there, I stumbled across one of their little "gimme" books (impulse buys) called "500 writing prompts", which as you might imagine, is a rigid-backed notebook with 500 questions in it (1 or 2 per page).

The idea is to read the question (for example: "How do you feel about public speaking, and why?"), then write down your best answer. The idea is amazingly simple, but if you stick to it and answer honestly, I'm finding it can be illuminating...

Day One asks a similar question every day, prompting you to write about it, but I never really paid much attention. Now, with this, I'm going to try doing one or two a day to see how well it works.

It should be interesting in a few months to go back through my answers and see if anything has changed.

The reason for this post is to recommend it as an exercise of self-discovery, and to have something interesting to do...

Last edited by a moderator:
Back