How time passes during travel in Salem

karibeari

Reaction score
Steve and Ava got to Hawaii and back from Jakarta in a flash. Brady, Theresa and Nicole individually all seemed to teleport to Malibu in a second. However on their return trip they said they were going to leave Malibu at 9am but they arrived in Salem well past dark at night. And on a side note, the nanny has Tate out for a walk when it was late enough for all the people to stop drinking at the bar and go home and it had been storming all night, that baby should be in bed not out in a storm.

The only time that the time issues really bother me is when they call attention to it. They said they were leaving at 9 am at least 3 times. They just shouldn't ever mention times, dates and ages if they can't even pretend to be consistent with it.

You mean like how Ciara was older than Chase, then said she was about to be 18 "in a couple of weeks," and 3 days later Chase said he was 18?

I'm on board with you on this one karib!!

Exactly! And like when Hope confessed to murder on the 18th of January and Dan hadn't been buried yet and died on the first. :rotfl:

I said the same thing while watching. They just get home from the flight and Brady runs out to see the doctor? And they have Tate out for a walk at night? I just thought that part made no sense. Brady should have stayed at the townhouse with Summer. He just brought her to Salem from LA and he just leaves her?

O.K. How do we know it was night when they walked into the apt? Not that Days writers pay any attention to consistency, time zones, etc. But.......9 a.m. in CA would be 11 a.m. in midwest. The 4 or 5 hr. flight would take them to 3-4 p.m. Time to get luggage, etc. plus drive from airport....at least another hour. Now it does begin to lose light then. I can see perhaps the nanny taking Tate out for a walk, probably thru the ever popular square (which Summer said was only a block or two away). with Theresa going to see Abby, while Brady goes to see his doc (could be pre-arranged because of urgency) Why isn't Tate back home by the time Theresa got back, and also Brady?

Ahhh, but with the private jet and the car waiting for them, they wouldn't have had the every day hassles at the airport that us mere mortals deal with. For all we know, the luggage was delivered all washed and ready for not ever being worn again, as I don't think I've ever seen anyone wear the same clothes ONCE the day changes. They could be in an outfit for a week and a half but it's still the same day.

O.K. How do we know it was night when they walked into the apt? Not that Days writers pay any attention to consistency, time zones, etc. But.......9 a.m. in CA would be 11 a.m. in midwest. The 4 or 5 hr. flight would take them to 3-4 p.m. Time to get luggage, etc. plus drive from airport....at least another hour. Now it does begin to lose light then. I can see perhaps the nanny taking Tate out for a walk, probably thru the ever popular square (which Summer said was only a block or two away). with Theresa going to see Abby, while Brady goes to see his doc (could be pre-arranged because of urgency) Why isn't Tate back home by the time Theresa got back, and also Brady?

It was the same night as the pub scene and Jennifer being at work late when it was already dark and storming but after the fact so it was even later, which was already late enough that the crowd at the pub drank for hours reminiscing about Stefeno and had declared it "getting late" and everyone went home. It was already dark when they got to the pub so I'd say maybe after it all happened it would be at least 9-10pm if they're saying it was getting late. With a private jet and all even in real life I don't think it would take 12 hours. But my original point was about the contrast between the usual "teleport" type travel and this time seemingly to take all day long. And 9-10pm during a thunder and lightning storm is still an odd time to take a baby out for a walk. But this is life in Salem! :rotfl:

The tribute at the Pub was a stand alone episode, and was not the same day/night as when the group left L.A.

The fact there was no mention of the get together at the club doesn't mean much. They never mention things like "hey I saw you at the club last night. Who was that tall drink of water you were with?" They live in a bubble of only current time events. Highly annoying, but when you shoot so far in advance and out of order, it's hard to piece together what did happen last night. At least that is the excuse I've made up in my mind to explain it.

It seems those in Salem's universe have learned to use Einstein's Theory of Relativity to warp time in any way they choose, lol.

The tribute at the Pub was a stand alone episode, and was not the same day/night as when the group left L.A.

Even though the pub scene aired in it's own episode it was still the same day they came home from LA. In real life travel would take a long time, even though maybe not as long as they showed but my original point was illustrating the difference between how they usually practically teleport from place to place but in this case it took ALL day long and the humor of the inconsistency of it. :rotfl: Timeline and pictures below! (Isn't deconstructing the craziness of Salem fun!)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*****Day One*****
(AIRDATE Monday February 29, 2016)
- night time Brady tells summer they are leaving at 9am the next morning.

(AIRDATE Tuesday March 1, 2016) - starts at night STILL DAY 1.
- Chad's dream about Stefeno
- Jennifer is working late at hospital, Eric visits her, ask her to go to AA meeting in the morning.
- Steve and Roman at police station
- Joey's dream about Ava.

*****Day 2*****
- Chad wakes up in the morning after dream
- John, Marlena and Belle talk about Ava and Steve in townhouse/Eric's case (notice Marlena's clothes)

06308-feee5a87-75b7-4ba6-96ea-6a30bcf59382.png

- Roman comes and wakes up Kayla
- Abby and Chad talk to Jen about wedding
- John, Steve, Roman and Belle at station
- Eric asks Marlena to watch Jen while he goes to prison
- Jen, Abby and Chad talk wedding at Horton house.
- Belle, Roman and John at station
- Eric shows up at Horton house as Jen rushes out
- Chad and Abby talk wedding at DeMira mansion. JJ shows up saying Ben escaped.

(AIRDATE Wednesday March 2, 2016) STILL DAY 2
- pub scene about Stefeno, dark and storming when everyone arrives. it's late everyone leaves (Marlena wearing same clothes)

06309-40ab3891-da57-4e46-b5cd-24e1d7682838.png

(AIRDATE Thursday March 3, 2016) STILL DAY 2
- Kayla and Steve talk at station
- Joey Jade talk in park
- Brady, Theresa, Nicole and Summer arrive at Brady and Theresa's house

06309-97b10095-1c15-4d83-b84f-c9b86a4fa840.png

- Chad and JJ still talking about Ben
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by a moderator:
Back