I can't wait until August!!

I know Jason 47 can explain it better than I can......but, headwriters do the bible, or "this is what is going to happen. Breakdown writers then break the story into scenes, depending on how long the story is to go on. And script writers do the dialogue.

i.e. The bible may say, surprise birthday party for Paige where Paige , The breakdown writers then break that down into several scenes, Decorating, guests arriving, Paige's arrival, the cake brought out, Paige's fury, etc. Dialogue is inserted into each scene, the meaningless chatter, the rage, anger, shouting, etc. etc.

Sounds like a good explanation to me! :)

I'm not looking forward to summer break ending at all, but I AM looking forward to better Days--literally and figuratively--for the show. I think this is the worst late spring/summer segment of Days to ever air since 2011 (the pointless Gus-Quinn rivalry, Quinn sleeping with Taylor, Carly's drug addiction). I either find the storylines boring (Serena and Xander's storyline, Abigail & Ben's relationship, Kate & Clyde being petty and conniving), annoying (Eve, Will, Paige, JJ, and even Sonny), or just a waste of time for vets (Nicole, John, Roman, and Marlena have barely anything to do that is of use or interest). I've also found myself to be looking back at old clips instead of watching the show live (although sometimes I do). I will usually just read the summaries of the episodes instead of rushing to watch them as I did when I first started viewing Days. It's a shame, but I'm not gonna waste my time watching Eve and Will having the same conversations with people over and over again. So I truly thank and appreciate everyone who does the summaries!!

What is the difference between a breakdown writer and a script writer?

I do think overall Ms. Salmons is a good writer however, she needs to tone down her opinions of certain couples on social media and instead focus on the couples and storylines that are the heart and history of this show.
I couldnt agree with you more. I was sorry to hear she is still writing for the show. She just leans towards that one fan base.

Back