I love a mystery.........but...

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Oh, definitely love a good mystery. As if you cannot tell from my user name. But, and there is always a but, isn't there? One can read a good mystery in a day or two. Tis satisfying. One can even cheat in reading and go to the last page at some point. Watching a movie or TV program. You have the answer & culprit in an hour or two. Sometimes, there is a two parter, so, one must wait til next week.

But on a soap...it is not that easy. Thus, for me, ends up being very frustrating. I can guess at some things, just like everyone else, but that is not to say I am right.
I really do appreciate the faster pace of the show. It is a huge relief. But....(there is that BUT again, lol) do the writers honestly think I want to see Brady out of bed, running around the hospital 1 days after a heart transplant, while Ava's reason or plan for the Steve & Kayla is still a mystery after all this time?

Do the writers really think I want to see Hope & Rafe act so out of character in covering up a death, and not tell me exactly why Stefano goaded Hope so terribly? And of course, not tell me YET who exactly was responsible for offing Malcolm.

Instead, they really think I want to see two weeks of various Salemites constantly crying because Daniel died, (one in particular really overboard) and hey, the funeral is yet to come.

It is as if some storylines are in time warps. I wondered at Brady's miraculous walking around without dragging all sorts of monitoring equipment with him. I have to keep reminding myself to suspend disbelief or I would be yelling at the tv all the time. Reality has very little if anything to do with the residents of Salem.

They don't finish stories, and change things during the stories. I am guessing Hope will never know about Aiden and Stefano. We have never even seen anyone talk to Chase or Hope about Ben being the real necktie killer.

deleted unnecessary quote - no need to quote the post that is directly above your own post - JS

I completely agree about not finishing storylines. No one never found out Clyde was responsible for EJ's death, which infuriates me to no end. Stefano apparently never knew (even if EJ is still alive), and Sami never found out either, and it seems her return was based upon her sticking it to Stefano for EJ's death. Also, no one knows Aiden was working with Stefano/Andre. Plus, I still believe Aiden killed his wife, and it was never proven he didn't, all he did was tell Hope Chase did it. And if he really did, will this ever come to light now that he's grown up? Will Hope ever tell him?

Last edited by a moderator:
Maggie's eggy basket (altered lyrics of course)

A-tisket, a-tasket
Maggies eggy basket
I sent a letter to my sponsor
On the way, I dropped it

I dropped it, I dropped it
Yes, on the way I dropped it
little Eric smashed it up
And then he destroyed it
He was truckin' on down the avenue
But not a single thing to do
He went drinking spun around
When he knocked it on the ground

He smashed it, he took it
My little eggy basket
And if he doesn't bring it back
I think that I will die

A-tisket, a-tasket
I lost my baby basket
And if that boy can't fix it
Don't know what I'll do

Oh dear, I wonder where my basket can be
(So do we, so do we, so do we, so do we, so do we)
Oh gee, I wish that drunk boy, I could see
(So do we, so do we, so do we, so do we, so do we)

Oh, why was I so careless with that basket of mine?
That itty bitty basket was a joy of mine

A-tisket, a-tasket
I lost my eggy basket
Won't someone help me find my basket
And make me happy again, again?

For Ava, Poirot, it is all about revenge. This is the basis for her being in Salem. Payback!!! ShaSha

Along the same vein, I'd really like to see the story of bullying texts being sent to Theo. It could be a good story, I trust this group to write it well. BUT, with the current pacing and it being a "C" story, it's so lost in the mix that it is fading into the "who cares?" department.

The fashion show, as strange as it was visually for us, this should have been able to generate several episodes now of orders coming in, papers wanting to do features, discussion of getting the next Spring/Fall/Winter line ready. But instead, the fashion show is all but forgotten. Heck, Basic Black could even be held responsible for the accident that happened as they had an open bar going.

Instead we are moving along with folks going to Las Vegas, trusted cops hiding a body, another round of who is John Black? And where is his new-found son, anyway???

We need this show to pull it together, at least in my opinion.

Scenes are sketchy and incomplete. Example, Chloe walking into TBD and seeing Philip and Belle. "Just like old times". End of scene and the next time we see Chloe she's back with Nicole and Parker.
I completely agree, why didn't they have a scene following Chloe running into Philip & Belle???

They never showed Hope being told Aiden was NOT the neck tie killer, big wasted opportunity to see how she would react.

Also I guess Hope will never find out Aiden was working for Stefano??

Wondering too if they'll tell us who actually kidnapped Bo?

I too wonder if we'll ever really find out who kidnapped Bo? Of course The DiMeras are the obvious choice, but it hasn't been proven, at least not to the viewers. It would be nice to know even if Hope never solves the mystery. I know Hope is distraught over Bo, but she has never dealt with the Aiden situation. I wonder if that is just another thing that will be dropped?

So let's look a bit back to the question, did Chase really kill his mother???? If he did, and it is somewhere in his mind hidden away, will it come to light. Hmmmmm! Could be an interesting story. ShaSha

The problem with that story, and it's "solution" was the script had Aiden acting entirely too weird. With Aiden now dead, I have a suspicion that if Chase remembers anything, it is going to be that his mom MAY have been killed struggling with his dad over the gun ...(accident then) or that Chase wandered into the room, finding his dad, gun in hand, standing over the mom.

But mostly, I think they just won't go back there at all.

And the biggest mystery is .........will NBC renew Days? I mean, the present contract goes until Sept. 2016. Usually, renewals are announced by end of January.....but have waited until March once or twice, I believe.

I'm guessing that a whole lot of stuff supposedly happens when we are not included. Perhaps it is just at the convenience of the writers and perhaps the people who have to put up and take down the sets.

Back