I REALLY MISS...

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
seeing the flag on the front porch of the Brady home

seeing anyone cooking, washing dishes, eating donuts......you know.......kitchen things

Salem Place!!!

"On location"

REAL MUSIC...songs we know

just above the knee dresses/skirts plus STOCKINGS

casual wear by the females, really casual wear

The Blue Note, & Penthouse Grill, but mostly, Chez Rouge

Romantic dates/dinners/gifts

Variety/charity shows using the talents of the cast

The DOCKS

...any semblance of intelligence in all of Salem. People who talk about things that interest them, other than gossiping about each other. People who are really excited and passionate about their work or direction in life. People who care about those less fortunate than themselves. Am I asking too much? Location shoots. Stories with mysteries that get RESOLVED. Characters who are true to their own histories. People who have other than corporate or medical as their professions. REAL People as characters. Writers who do their homework whether about characters or even plot points. Play. Laughter.

Family connections: The fact that Kim came back last week and didn't meet with Kayla, Eve and Paige is ridiculous and out of character. When is the last time Jen and Hope got together?

Brady calling his sister Tink and John calling her Izzy

Rafe's loft

The Brady Pub original set

The Penthouse Grill

John and Marlena's penthouse not the townhouse

Roman

Rafe

Shawn and Belle

Carrie and Austin sans their most recent return

The office sets, especially Titan. Storylines too.

People eating appropriate food. Not a milkshake and a fruit cup at a Club or apple slices at an Irish Pub

Jack

Hope's home set

Having different doctors for each specialty instead of one Jack of all trades both inside and outside the medical field

Jack, played by Matt Ashford, in a way that's not a slap in the face of the actor (like the writers making him fall into a cake when returning from a horrible situation).

Real romance, not bed hopping. I miss longing for a first kiss between two characters who are actually likeable.

I miss likeable characters. Right now, who can we really root for ? Well, there is Nicole, for me, but she's so misused right now... If only Jack would come back, those two would be terrific together, I think.

I want resolve when a storyline is started (who was the Halloween figure ?)

Character-based storylines

Characters who have hobbies/interests (they tried this with the one-liner about the movie Kayla didn't like but Hope did...or vice versa...but don't do it enough) and do things beyond move from plot point to plot point

THE PIER

Dates, adventures, and things that bring couples closer. Couple date nights (they tried a few of these with the forced Dan/Jen and Kristen/Brady but they should be done more often with ACTUAL couples, LOL)

A "rock" couple and home that people can come to to feel safe...Maggie Kiriakis is NOT cutting it. I did like Maggie in this role when Nick/Melanie/Nathan lived with her (pre-Victor).

Characters who act on Thursday the way they felt on Tuesday

Ordinary streets.
By that I mean the Square is overused. They have lunch, dinner, drinks, a walk, a supposed date, carnivals, shopping, just everything in less than 100 ft. Suddenly the Pub, TBD and Victor's club are all there, and within a few feet of each other, plus every place seems to sell coffee, Salemites rarely with a china cup.
I miss just a street, standing on a corner, walking down it hand in hand, or alone.
I guess that is what was nice about the movie theater, Salem Place, Shenanigans. We even would see a car on the street occasionally.
I really do miss casual dress. Women go to work on Salem dressed like they are going clubbing or something. And I do miss Caroline, Roman, and their family atmosphere, teasing, joking, etc.

I miss the Bradys and the Hortons. When I first started watching, they dominated the entire show. At the time, it was Kayla, Kim and "Roman"/John but then when real Roman returned and Marlena came back and Bo came back, all 4 Bradys were on.

There were also more Hortons in Salem than there are now. I hope that gets rectified.

I miss:

All the home sets. There are way too many characters who are apparently homeless or live in the Salem Inn.

Seasons. Snow, falling leaves, newly bloomed flowers...

People having offices instead of doing business in the Pub, clubs, and Town Square.

Mystery, intrigue, and romance.

I think I also miss the picnics they would have "at the beach." You know, just down the stage from the place they had Nick go in swimming during the longest episode. But they used to have everyone get together and have games played in the sand, and sit around and gossip, and tell each other the same things, and get ready to dig out the hot dogs and potato chips so they could feed the kids, and that was not too many years ago, but pleasant way to spend the 4th of July.

Back