I will have nun of this!

That is absolutely ridiculous! They want us to believe in less than a year's time, Kristen and Lani are nuns?? People study for years and have to go through all sorts of training, etc. before they become nuns. It must be one of those "supermarket pop-up churches" without any real affiliation. I'm guessing they bought their habits at a costume store.:confused::rotfl::rolleyes:

I doubt it's possible to become a professed nun in a year or less. At best, Lani and Kristen would be novices and a few years away from final vows. Dumping your future husband at the altar is not exactly a religious calling and Heaven only knows Kristen has never heard any such call. This is the floozy who raped a priest!!! I was seriously hoping the time jump would make sense. Guess not.

That is absolutely ridiculous! They want us to believe in less than a year's time, Kristen and Lani are nuns?? People study for years and have to go through all sorts of training, etc. before they become nuns. It must be one of those "supermarket pop-up churches" without any real affiliation. I'm guessing they bought their habits at a costume store.
Kristen and Lani must have joined the Little Sisters of Anything Goes:
  • recent criminal acts no problem;
  • repentance for past sins not needed;
  • knowledge of Catholicism or any religious principles are optional;
  • lack of any religious faith is no problem;
  • attendance at Mass or prayer not required;
  • a vow of celibacy is definitely not required;
  • immediate admission -- no study, training, or probationary status needed.

What crap, the writers can try to make Kristen appear reformed as much as they want. Reformation without repentance means nothing for a character or a person. All I hear is Kristen pitying herself never once does she think of those her actions have harmed over the years. She needs to make restitution before she continues playing the victim of circumstance. :angry::fan:

The most they could be at this point are novitiates, no matter where they are in the world but it depends also on how long have they been there - if they left right after the time jump, it's possible, but they're at least 3-4 years away from final vows. The habits they're wearing, well, it varies a bit in each order, but short veils with the white generally are postulates or novitiates although some orders have those for fully indoctrinated sisters (if my Catholic upbringing and other religious knowledge isn't failing me).

Again, this is Days where people become doctors, lawyers, executives, etc. in a matter of months. No different here. Plus, Kristen did say to Lani that they hadn't yet taken their final vows.

me thinks the writers need to watch Sound of Music again. LOL
Also, maybe The Nun's Story.
But actually, in most orders, not all, the nuns no loner wear habits. Oh, they may wear a dark veil headpiece, but dark skirt and jacket.........however, as noted, there are different orders of nuns, different convents with different rules.

But actually, in most orders, not all, the nuns no loner wear habits.
Back when I was in grade school, the church no longer required nuns to wear habits. They could wear skirts, blouses, blazers, dresses or jumpers without any type of head covering. Some nuns stuck to the traditional habits and some wore skirts/blouses/blazers, dresses or jumpers/blouses. The principal (a nun) rarely wore a habit, preferring regular clothing instead.

I read a recap that said that Lani said that she hopes Gabi burns in hell - THIS is a woman who is ready to be a nun???? Confiding to a woman who raped a priest? Good things they haven't taken their final vows yet.

The question is, how the hell did both of them wind-up in the same location? Talk about spinning, I am dizzy and disappointed in all the stories right now.

Days takes a leap, right off a cliff. Oh! Excuse me, nobody dies for good on Days. Speaking of which, what is this thing with Stefano/Phoenix return from the dead? He was blown to smithereens. No spark of life, that Dr. Rolf/ Frankenstein would need to resurrect.
:whack: :eek: :beat:

Stefano was shot, not blown up.

Also, it appears that Rolf has put Stefano's memories into someone else, who will only think he's Stefano. Same as he put the dead Princess Gina's "essence" into Hope's body. Many speculate that Rolf kidnapped Steve Johnson, put Stefano's "essence" into him and now Steve will think he's Stefano. We'll know soon if that theory is correct.

As to bringing back dead characters, who died in manners that make it impossible to be resurrected from, Days, and the other soaps, have done this for decades. Not sure why you always say it's impossible. On the soaps, anything is possible with a the stroke of a pen.

I was thinking somehow Rolf puts Stefano's essence into Stefan's body. Makes sense for them to bring back Stefan in this manner.

I missed Friday. At first I thought Kristen might be Sister Mary Moira. Guess not. When one watches Days, you have to suspend reality. Think about all the science fiction stuff we've endured.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back