I will have nun of this!

There wasn't much on GL, as I remember, except when Reva got cloned as a baby, grew to adulthood in blink of an eye, and got old, and died. LOLOL That was only time I remember anything really sci fi oriented.
But yes, Days has been full of that for years......thanks mostly to Rolf, and Stefano. LOL

I will say I thought Stefan would have been the one Rolf gave Stefano's "essence" to, it would seem more logical. However, logic is really not Days forte'. Ha. Gina kept calling the man Steffy.......and while Patch's name IS Steven......it really is a stretch for him to respond to Steffy. But then, if Hope responds to the name Gina.......guess it works.

Just hate the idea of my Patch doing the ol Stefano thing. (and if it is him, what about the eye??? The eye socket was damaged so badly, not even a glass eye could work any more.)

I think Patch will walk around looking like himself, but acting like Stefano and thinking he really is Stefano. When we finally see Gina's new painting, I'm betting it's Steve, eye patch and all, wearing a fine Italian suit, the Phoenix ring, with a cigar in his hand. (just my speculation)

Yes, Stefano was shot, but they brought his body to a building that was get ready to implode and his body was there when it imploded.

No, Andre found the body in the basement of the building before it imploded. We were led to believe he somehow removed it, even though Andre was injured when the building came down (the gash on his cheek).

I thought he was trying to remove it, when the bldg went boom.....actually was amazed Andre survived. However, Stefano had been dead a long time, wrapped up in the rug or blanket or whatever. Lots of days before Andre came across and took the ring. Stefano is dead, dead, dead, but his "essence"...heck, Rolf could have done that before he died. Stefano did little talking, just a lot of laughing at the end.

Hmmmmm! Essence! Seems to be the big question here.

Kristen and Lani must have joined the Little Sisters of Anything Goes:
  • recent criminal acts no problem;
  • repentance for past sins not needed;
  • knowledge of Catholicism or any religious principles are optional;
  • lack of any religious faith is no problem;
  • attendance at Mass or prayer not required;
  • a vow of celibacy is definitely not required;
  • immediate admission -- no study, training, or probationary status needed.
That's about it! :clap:

Back when I was in grade school, the church no longer required nuns to wear habits. They could wear skirts, blouses, blazers, dresses or jumpers without any type of head covering. Some nuns stuck to the traditional habits and some wore skirts/blouses/blazers, dresses or jumpers/blouses. The principal (a nun) rarely wore a habit, preferring regular clothing instead.
Everyone's different - when I was in grade school (late 70s to early 80s), the Dominican nuns at my school wore their veils. The older nuns and the principal tended to wear their full habits. When I was in high school (mid-late 80s - I graduated in 89), my honors bio teacher wore her veil, but was otherwise in casual wear, but she was also a novitiate (who appeared on Jeopardy! as well). The religion teachers (yeah, Catholic elementary and high school) - it depended. They tended to be more casual but with veils, except on Holy days of obligation - then they'd be in full dress. My all-girls high school merged with the all-boys before my junior year and the nuns that stayed on teaching still followed that. The Christian brothers that supported the boys high school (and who stayed on after the merger) wore the traditional black garb and collars - no exceptions.

Yes, that's what I had said. In my school (back in the dark ages), some nuns wore full habits and some wore regular clothing; was all a matter of their personal preference. Although, I never saw any of them wear slacks.

I was going to say they're not really nuns, are just cloistered/protected, but then I recalled them talking about taking vows.

Honestly it's one of the least implausible things they've asked me to accept. The only way it could be more implausible would be if it were a cadre of resurrected Salemites who all separately ended up somehow in a Siberian Catholic monastery.

Back