IF EJ DiMera were to return, who would you chose to play him?

Texasredwolf75

Reaction score
I read an article on another site that listed their top picks to play EJ, were he to return. I didn't care for any of the picks. They even listed Brody Hutzler (he played Patrick Lockhart, Bonnie's son) as a choice. Umm, no!

My top choices would be Tom Ellis, who plays Lucifer Morningstar on the tv show "Lucifer". If he can play the King of Hell, he sure could play EJ DiMera.

Second pick would be Colin O'Donaghue, who played the magnificently gorgeous Captain Hook in "Once Upon A Time". Yes, he's Irish, but soooo nice to look at.

Who would you chose?

Sam Claflin. Apparently, he was in The Hunger Games, but I've only seen him in Me Before You, with Emilia Clarke. He could definitely pass as a DiMera and has a very charming way about him.

Honestly, I never want EJ to return, no matter who. I hated that he was paired with Sami (after raping her), & was happy he was gone.

However, in the spirit of this thread.......perhaps Christian Bale, or Kit Harrington????

If I was casting.... I'd go with Chris Pratt...... or if I had to stay "English" Dan Stevens.......

I know any character can be recast. I don't have a problem with recasting EJ, it's just I didn't like EJ and I see no place for yet another mini villain in the Salem landscape.

Christian Bale is a VERY interesting choice. They'd have to cheapen the sets EVEN MORE to afford him. But, it'd be worth watching!! LOL.

I figured a lot of people wouldn't want to see him back. Honestly, I think James Scott was amazing, like EJ, or not. But, he isn't ever coming back, and neither is Peter Reckell as Bo Brady.

If I were to throw budget out the window NOT AS EJ DIMERA, I'd pick Matthew McConaughey to play a good guy. He could play detective by day, night club owner by evening.

I think James Scott was amazing, like EJ, or not.

If I were to throw budget out the window NOT AS EJ DIMERA, I'd pick Matthew McConaughey to play a good guy. He could play detective by day, night club owner by evening.

Yes to James Scott (EJ) being amazing.
And you betcha ya to Matthew McConaughey. :love: OoooooooWeeeeee!

Honestly, I never want EJ to return, no matter who. I hated that he was paired with Sami (after raping her), & was happy he was gone. However, in the spirit of this thread.......perhaps Christian Bale, or Kit Harrington????
Since a return of EJ would almost certainly mean a revival of the old EJ-Sami relationship, complete with cheating, epic hate-boinks, and squawks of "He's changed," I'd prefer to keep EJ as a never-seen Charmin-wrapped mummy. And since I can't really get with the spirit of this thread, if I had to vote, I'd choose a lookalike of Zippy the Chimp from 1950s television. In this exciting recast, Rolf has messed with EJ's DNA transforming him from a mummy to a chimpanzee, and Sami is pleading for help from Kayla and the freshly-minted Dr. Trippy to restore him to human form.

Loved James Scott (EJ) and still do, but if there were to be a substitution, it would be actor playing Lucifer Morningstar as well. He would never be on a soap anyway, but good choice.

Toooo bad he has become too big a star for Days, plus they couldn't afford him.

he was very emphatic about it, was not anything that made him happy......he left, and is enjoying his life now so much.

Personally, I think the character needs to be ended. Whether he dies, or recovers & ends his relationship with Sami, I don't care. The show has kept Sami chained to a character, which limits her story possibilities when she returns. No, I don't care for Sami character, but...just makes it worse when she is still tied to the mummy in another country.

Back