If you were recasting...........OR

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Casting for a new character on the show.....who would you want to play ....name the character. Use actors from another soap, nighttime show.....
We have had recasts that worked well, and others that seem not to really fit the character. So just pretend you are in charge of recasting current........or casting a new character.

Me......First thing I'd do is get Kim Zimmer & Robert Newman (Reva Shane & Josh Lewis from Guiding Light) to play Maggie & Mickey Horton. Maggie would be getting back her old fire, & they would make the Horton family out front again. Wait........I should have first said the most important thing, NEW HEADWRITER! Sheri Anderson preferred.

I have to think a bit, as I want to recast Jennifer.....

What about you?

More Hortons would be nice. Mike and Jeremy could return. I'm more than willing to forget the last time Jeremy graced our screens with a story that even Re-Ron would botch.....Tom Jr, had to have kids, I mean he'd had to have left the attic once or twice....

No more previously thought of dead people returning would be great.....

And who would you like to play them?

Oh, I second getting Michael Weiss back as Mike Horton.
& I LOVE the idea of Scott Bakula (Quantum Leap) as Tommy Horton!

I think Kate Mansi (former Abby) really would do well playing Jennifer. Jen was a feisty gal, not all calm and laid back as she is presently written.
And then there is Angie Harmon (Rizzoli of Rizzoli & Isles) who would also do well as Jen........but also.......a cop (maybe Hope recast).....

Kaley Cuoco as a recast for Jennifer or Abby
Benedict Cumberbatch as EJ--the new actor just doesn't work for me
Claudia Jesse from Bridgerton as Ciara
Robert Pattinson as Alex because if Ciara comes back Robert Scott Wilson would need to come back as Ben

* Cumberbatch has appeared as Sherlock Holmes, Pattinson as Batman (movie), & & Kaley Cuoco is from Big Bang Theory, playing Penny.

Last edited by a moderator:
My problem is most of the people I know are too "old" according to the suits. I'd love to see a feisty businesswoman played by Kim Zimmer to tangle with Victor, and bring DiMera some real competition. Heck, cast her to play André's mother, and give her some stock in the ever-illogical company because she was André's first father's only heir.

I'd like to see Stephen Schnetzer on TV again, and on Days he's already played Stephen Olson. Let's see him return to Salem with his son (Spencer) and grandson. Stephen can come home to die (à la Garrison on Dallas) but maybe he's pulling a con. Julie can't trust him, Doug preaches forgiveness, the story follows audience interest (as to whether he's really sick or not, and whether or not he survives if sick).

Meanwhile his son Spencer (Trevor St John) is a doctor who butts heads with Kayla. He'll be the wisecracker who points out Kayla's not an expert on every field of medicine, she shouldn't operate on her family, etc. There is work tension, no sexual/romantic tension. Most of his story is dealing with his dad's story, or that of his son, Sylvester "Sly" Olson (Dylan Minnette). He has recently finished college and has a degree in engineering. He finished school at his dad's behest, but his first love is music. The companies fight over him, and he takes a job with Titan. There, he meets a returned Claire, and after they flirt, they are shocked to realise they're related. Albeit distantly, they strike up a friendship. Their love of music and their boring dayjobs lead them to become best friends as they experience romantic ups and downs with short-term cast members.

Dylan Minnette (Sly)
1660391672028.png

Trevor St John (Spencer)
1660391703445.png

I've always thought Catherine Hickland would be a good addition to Days as a daughter Tommy had in the army, and reconnected with after leaving Salem. She could also be a recast Sandy (Tommy's on-screen daughter who was a tween when the show started, last seen as a doctor in the 1980s). I'd prefer she be a lawyer, one that follows the law, and believes that even the guilty deserve a good attorney. Her name is Lisa Corcoran. She had a wildly successful practice in Hawai'i, but the recent passing of her father made her want to see the town he hailed from. She is twice divorced, once widowed, although we don't learn much about her marriages or children at first. Her first case pits her against Trask, whose unethical actions enrage Lisa. She files a complaint with the State Bar, and the loss of a DA for the city puts her at odds with Abe. She and Abe cross paths frequently, and although Abe is faithful, Paulina's past makes her jealous and petty around Lisa.

1660392169857.png

I'd bring back Melissa Archer (Serena) to play a raven-haired Noelle Curtis. (I always wanted her to be Sarah, so this is as close as we can get.) We learn about the relationship that formed off-screen between the bio sisters, and how Sarah dealt with Neil's unethical actions off-screen. Noelle has guilt over her night with Rex, but Sarah's moved on. Noelle is hired as a functionary at Titan, where she tangles with Alex (recast to Eric Knudsen) and fights an attraction (who wouldn't, really) to Xander.

A better Alex
1660392685926.png

I'd bring back Melanie but recast her with Hayden Panettiere. She wants to rekindle her relationship with Brady, who strings her along while also dating Chloe. She is pursuing an advanced mathematics degree, which is challenging her because her natural knack for numbers doesn't always line up with mathematical thinking. When Sonny leaves Titan to open a coffee shop again, she is his first hire; the job gives her time to people-watch and lots of breaks to study. She tries to avoid business talk despite all the business activity moving to the shop (let's be real, how many sets would they give us with this much actor cost :)). She learns information that will be the key to Alex's downfall, and discovers she's pregnant by Brady but he won't leave Chloe. Her pregnancy brings her mother to town.

1660393235019.png

Wow Jason, very well thought out......good for you! At the end, I read Hayden's name..........and I knew I remembered her as a kid.....she had to have been on G.L. , right?

I also really like Scott Bakula, but I think it's unlikely he would come on a soap opera since he has no problem finding primetime gigs. Apparantly, Scott Bakula may be returning to the reboot of Quantam Leap this fall on NBC, and he just finished up on NCIS: New Orleans which ran from 2014-2021.

Back