I'm alive!

Wayne

WebHamster
Reaction score
Hey!

Poirot chided me yesterday, reminding me that I am -- once again -- "AWOL from SS". Sorry about that. Things for me at work have just changed recently and since I don't have the ability to reach the site from their network, I'm pretty restricted to what I get a chance to do. "What I get a chance to do" normally meaning post the occasional update to Facebook.

I normally don't even check the computer at home any more, getting my fill of computers during the day, so sorry if I seem somehow invisible around here. I do read here a lot, mostly on weekends, I just don't jump in because I'm usually on the run.

Even my Weight Watcher's meeting once a week had to be "scheduled around" my new work hours for me to make it. Otherwise, I wouldn't make them until the 7:00/7:30 time frame, completely blowing my entire night.

Hope everyone is well.

Wayne

Bout time you checked in my friend. Ha, am betting that there is nothing new in the apt. except some new Mac stuff for his phone/computer. :wink:

Nothing new as of late. Upkeeping two households is taking it's toll financially as well as mentally and spiritually, but I'm just trying to tread water as best I can. Aren't we all?

Wayne

????? What the heck is going on? Did they change pay days to twice a month or once a month???

Officially speaking, the company I work for was "bought out" by another company and "has a new payroll policy that holds two weeks in arrears" (read: the company is stealing ain interest-free loan from its employees). The problem is that I was never notified of it. I simply didn't get a paycheck to which my "manager" only responded with "you can either deal with it, or quit"...

I'm looking for a way to choose the latter but until them, I'm dealing...

"has a new payroll policy that holds two weeks in arrears" [snip] The problem is that I was never notified of it.

No wonder you jumped on that other job offer! I've obviously worked for the government for too much of my life (either in the military or as a state employee [in the State Military Department]) because the idea of something like that happening, without you having received written notification, which you’d have to sign for, is mind boggling. We have some minor policy change at work, and I get a memo detailing the change. Then I have to sign a second memo saying that I received the first memo!

@b2, I'm actually a bit petrified. Secured an apartment, but did so in a rush, and I'm praying I chose wisely. Very expensive, but everything there is. I'm also not sleeping over the job itself, because it's such a big leap to up-end your entire life and pretty much empty your savings account for the opportunity that EVERYTHING in my life is hanging on success or failure. The costs of this move right now are skyrocketing. Truly.

So, I reacted the only way I could, and bought a new truck today, which was 1/2 motivated by a swiftly deteriorating Grand Marquis, and 1/2 based on the fact that the price (see URL) was about 5 to 7 thousand below other dealers for same truck..

http://www.lustinedodgejeep.net/new/Ram/2012-Ram-1500-3342f09a0a0d064900a59c1233833ea5.htm

Almost got hit riding the motorcycle three times in DC between Friday night and this morning, so I've decided that if I'm going to live up in Northern VA/DC, the bike just isn't safe, or practical (considering apartments with garages have a HIGH premium and I'm also really stretching it with the new apartment...). Besides, DC is a bazillion cars, stoplight-to-stoplight riding, and no where to really stretch out and ride, so I'm going to sell the bike to pay off the new truck... Later, when things are calm, truck is paid off, savings are replenished, I'll buy another one..

Wayne

I *love* my bike, but it's a willing sacrifice I'll make to establish a secure job environment. Besides, if I get too crazy, they make more. :)

Back