Indelible Movie SCENES..

Oh, in Fried Green Tomatoes, fav scene...Kathy Bates is waiting for the parking spot and the young girls in the red converticle zip in it, telling her they are younger and faster. They get out, and leave, and she proceeds to start running her car into the back of theirs. They come running out, What are you doing, and she smirks......I'm older and have better insurance. Cracks me up every time I see it.

Oh dear me those flying monkeys!! Watching them rip the scarecrow to shreds was a little terrifying for me back in the day! But certainly memorable.

Oh, in Fried Green Tomatoes, fav scene...Kathy Bates is waiting for the parking spot and the young girls in the red converticle zip in it, telling her they are younger and faster. They get out, and leave, and she proceeds to start running her car into the back of theirs. They come running out, What are you doing, and she smirks......I'm older and have better insurance. Cracks me up every time I see it.

Thats my "Twanda"scene!!! LOVE IT

but not those scary disgusting flying monkeys!!!!)

Glad to know I was not the only one scared of these monkeys. To this day (I'm 40 now), I still have trouble watching these things. :)

But you made me think of two other great movie scenes, related to The Wizard of Oz. It's actually from The Dreamer of Oz, the story of L. Frank Baum, who wrote the original tale. John Ritter played the role of Baum (I loved John Ritter, may he rest in peace).

Anyway, in the movie, Frank tells the story to a bunch of kids (especially his niece, who inspired the character of Dorothy), and one of them asks what the land is called. Baum looks around, sees a file cabinet, with of course a drawer indicating o-z, and answers : Oz. :clap::rotfl:Got to love where writers find their inspiration. Sometimes, it's far less complicated then we think.

And then, there is the scene at the end, where Frank's wife (he is dead by now, it's at the 1939 movie opening) tells the journalists questioning her about the part she played in the making of the original story : "There was only one dreamer of Oz". :love:

As a writer myself, I love that ! And how I wish I could write a story that could stand the test of time like this classic tale. Oh well, it's really good to dream. :)

ohhhh!!! I forgot about Fried Green Tomatoes!!! LOVE THAT MOVIE!!!

Forest Gump. There's so many scenes... that just either have me laughing so hard I can't breath, or crying cause my heart is breaking. the scene at the end... where Forest is placing a card on Jenny's grave from her son, and tears fall down his cheeks, and he says "He's so smart, you would be so proud. I miss you Jenny." ...powerful!

oooohhhh I got another! It's one of my favorite movie lines, too, can't believe I didn't mention it until now.

Run Away Bride. ... both scenes (one where he says the line, and another she says it)... [on the perfect proposal] "Look, I guarantee there'll be tough times. I guarantee that at some point, one or both of us is gonna want to get out of this thing. But I also guarantee that if I don't ask you to be mine, I'll regret it for the rest of my life, because I know, in my heart, you're the only one for me. "

I think that line should be read at weddings. no joke.

In the movie French Kiss when Kevin and Meg were in the vineyard at the end of the movie and he passionately grabs her and kisses her. (Really, I thought my toes were going to curl!)

Sleeping with the Enemy when Julia Roberts character calls 911 and tells them that she has just shot an intruder...and THEN shoots her crazy husband!

Steel Magnolias after Shelby's (Julia Roberts) funeral when M'Lynn (Sally Field) is hysterical, crying and screaming that it isn't fair that her daughter has died and then suddenly switches to being mad and saying she just wants to hit someone and Clairee (Olympia Dukakis) grabs Ouiser (Shirley MacLaine) and says "Here HIT this!!" I go from crying to laughing everytime.

:clap:
Okay, I couldn't resist jumping in. I have loads of favorites, but I think my all time favorite is "Dr. Strangelove."
There are too many amazing scenes, and lines, to write about them all. Think about the "precious bodily fluids," or Dr. Strangelove, the Nazi science advisor, who can't keep his arm from doing the Heil Hitler salutes (bravo Peter Sellers!) And George C. Scott. Wow. Sterling Hayden. But I think one of my favorite parts is when Slim Pickens hoots and hollers, waving his cowboy hat, as he rides to earth on the bomb. Finally, the scene with the clouds from the bomb, backed by the beautiful Vera Lynn song "We'll Meet Again."
Sigh. Brilliant film. :clap::clap:

My Big Fat Greek Wedding....When Toula tells her Aunt that Ian is a vegetarian and that he does not eat meat...Aunt says "What do you mean he don't eat no meat? It's ok, I make lamb." Me and my family quote that line ALL the time....in a very bad Greek accent. LOL

I'm still thinking about Slim Pickens, Peter Sellers and Vera Lynn.

Back