Indelible Movie SCENES..

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
so..we all have to have scenes we have never been able to forget, even if we cannot remember the rest of the movie at times.

So, what memory can you not erase from your mind, no matter what?

For me...In Harry Met Sally, when the other customer says...I'll have what she is having

Dirty Dancing.......the last scene (be still my heart)

Ghost....again...the last scene

Casablanca....the singing of the French "Marseillie" in Ricxk's club, and the final scene when Bogie tells Ingrid that what they had doesn't amount to a hlll of beans......We'll always have Paris. Here's lookin' at you, kid.

"Every time a bell rings, an angel gets it's wings......."It's a Wonderful Life".

My favorite movie of all time has to be Philadelphia Story. There was this one scene where Katherine Hepburn lets out the most adorable nervous laugh. That laugh was so funny. It always stuck with me.

Kitten

Oh, there are so many! Every Hitchcock flick; Lord of the Rings; Chronicles of Narnia; Star Wars; Star Trek.........the most delible ones were made in the glory days of the 40's. Cary Grant is my fave male star and Bette Davis rocked the house!

Well, it isn't the movies that are favorites.....just certain scenes that stick in your mind forever. Like Jimmy Cagney shoving a grapefruit in that blond's face in some movie. Could not tell you the movie, or what it was about...but the scene. Different story.Paul Henreid lighting two cigarettes in his mouth, handing one to Bette Davis...as the music swelled, and not a word was spoken.
Lady & the tramp sharing the spaghetti noodle. LOLOL

Oh, every Disney movie has atleast one unforgettable moment. For me it was the death of Bambi's mother and him looking for her in the snow.:cry:

Barb, I agree about the last scene in Dirty Dancing! I've watched the whole movie several times, but sometimes I will tune in to catch just the last 10 minutes so I can see that final dance. :love:

In Affair to Remember [I think] there is the scene where Cary Grant puts it all together and realizes that Kerr is the wheel-chair-bound woman who bought his painting. He stops mid sentence. The look on his face says it all. I cry every time.

oh Dirty Dancing has plenty of scenes that do it for me! "Nobody puts Baby in a corner!"... just one of many- that's my favorite movie. of.all.time.period.

A Walk to Remember. --Sweet mother of God. I cry during the opening music. Every scene in that movie gets me. It's kind of sad really... I'm a hot mess. Same with My Sister's Keeper. I'm gonna cry just thinking about it. ugh.

The Lion King -- does anyone else love the last scene when Simba climbs Pride Rock in the rain and roars to claim his throne? I'm sooooo excited to get the chance to see it live on Broadway in just 2 1/2 weeks!!!! **sqeal**!!

Titanic -- I know, cheesy... but the scene where the Mom and Dad are reading bed time stories to their children as the ship goes down so that they will die in their sleep; and the old couple hugging each other in bed to die together. get.me.every.time...I teared up just typing that.

American Beauty, when Annette Bening played the role of Carolyn and was showing the house in her listing to a couple, the couple left and Carolyn pulled the livingroom shades, she turned and sobbed! It caught me so off guard I started crying with her. I actually did feel her pain and dispair! What caught me so off was that she had been such a hard nosed *bleep* up until that point and I had no idea how emotionally vulnerable she actually was. (And, no, I am not a real estate salesperson, don't know any personally either)

Some of mine are already posted....the end of Dirty Dancing, all of Ghost, and the end of An Affair to Remember. It's A Wonderful Life....All of it, but especially the ending starting when George wants to live right through to the end.

Spock's dying and funeral in Star Trek: The Wrath of Khan

Sleepless in Seattle - the whole movie so it is hard to choose. I guess I'd have to say the ending where the boy waits at the top of the Empire State Building, and the threesome finally connect. I need 2 boxes of kleenex - I can repeat the dialogue with it (yep, I know that it is almost the same story as An Affair to Remember)

You've Got Mail - Sorry , again every scene is my favorite as it plays. My absolute favorite is when she realizes that she loves him even though she lost her bookstore to his family's mega-bookstore chain. What can I say....I love Tom Hanks and Meg Ryan together.

What a great thread!

I am a huge fan of all things Jane Austen… in the Kiera Knightly version of Pride and Prejudice (and yes I like this version better than the BBC version, which is a hotly debated topic I have foundJ) there is the scene when Mr. Darcy first proposes to Elizabeth. She refuses him, they argue, and then the two get face to face in anger. For a second it looks as though Darcy is going to kiss her and my little heart skips a beat every time. He of course doesn’t kiss her. He pulls away and only says “forgive me, madam, for taking up so much of your time.” And the viewer is left wanting more!! Awesome scene!

White Christmas… at the very end when General Waverly opens the Inn door and there is a thunderous applause as all the men from his regiment pay honor to him to let him know he is not forgotten! I cry every time, and I have seen that movie at least 30 times!

I honestly can't remember what version of "Heidi" it was and I have honesly forgotten most of the rest of the movie, expcet the scene where Clara (i think that was her name) walked for the first time, it was the music and the detemined looked on that little girls face that have always stuck with me.

The scene from Clue when Mrs. Peacock takes a drink from Mr. Boddy's glass after he dies and Prof Plum says "maybe he was poisoned!" Mrs Peacock starts screaming uncontrollably as Mr. Green try to calm her down, finally resorting a mega slap across the face! "Well, I had to stop her screaming!" Great comedy!

Okay i could go on for hours so i will stop now:)

Lilo I am with you on that scene in An Affair to Remember:)

Dirty Dancing---the moment Baby is on the stage by herself as Johnny goes to put on the music for the last dance. That always stuck with me because she was left alone on the stage and how awkward that must have been for her at that moment. Also, the entire final dance...*sigh*

The Fast and the Furious--there is a moment where Vin Diesel's character comes into view out the darkness. It sticks with me because first, he's hot and second, I could picture my hubby in that scene.

That scene in Affair to Remember is so classic, it was used in Sleepless in Seattle, and references to it were throughout that movie.
Oh, man, Ghost. You know, after Patrick Swayze died in real life, the movie was on, watched it for about the 20th time, and noticed something I never had noticed before. When he is walking towards the bright light at the very end, off in the distance you can see the very dim outlines of people...waiting for him. That gave me the shivers and yep, I cried anew.

Oh, Poirot, the people were hard to see at first. My Mom was the one who spotted them when we watched the movie on VHS when it first came out. This was also when she was just home from the hospital after emergency heart surgery and having a near death experience. I had never noticed the people when I saw it at the movies several times. She said that there HAD to be people there because there were people waiting for her, too. (My Dad, grandparents, and aunt telling her that she had to go back, it wasn't time for her to follow the light.)

Great thread indeed ! I have so many movies I love, so many scenes. Some might seem odd, but hey... that's me. :) And remember, I write children's books, so I'm still young at heart.

From The Muppet's Christmas Carol (with Michael Caine as Scrooge... I Love Michael Caine :love:) : When Scrooge visits his past, he relives a scene with the love of his life, Belle. Belle starts to sing, as the young Scrooge leaves. Then the old one (Michael Caine) joins Belle and sings with her, sobbing at the same time. So sad. But so beautifully done.

From Out of Africa : The lion standing on Denis' tomb, while Karen speaks of him. And the scene where Denis washes Karen's hair. And let's not forget the music and the scenery of that movie.

From Under the Tuscan Sun : When Mr Martini tells Frances all her wishes came true (during the wedding celebration at the end). And also, when Frances buys the house and the woman stamps all the forms. I feel nervous and excited, along with Frances. I sometimes dream of doing something like that, moving to another country, live a grand adventure.

From Chocolat : When Roux tells Vianne she finally got his favorite thing : hot chocolate. I love it ! Hot chocolate does have that homy feeling, doesn't it ?

I better stop before I fill up a whole page. :) Let's say I love feel good movies and scenes in general.

Mine are a bit different, I'm not much of a movie watcher. I love Casablanca and I have many fave scenes, but by the time I finally saw it, so many of its elements were already in my brain, they didn't leave that "instant" impression from the narrative.

Back to The Future I get chills every time Marty stands up straight and recovers as his [younger-selves] parents kiss, restoring the timeline and fixing the faded photograph.
Batman Returns I love the scene where Selena & Bruce realise they are Catwoman & Batman, and Selena says, "Should we start fighting now?" It is both tense and comedic.
Broken Hearts Club Dennis has missed making his birthday wish thanks to a friend's crisis, so new acquaintance Kevin turns the clock hands back and lights Dennis' birthday cake's candles.
IN & OUT Lots of great scenes, but the best is when Cameron announces at the Oscars that Howard is gay, and Howard (watching on TV), gasps, turns off the TV, and chucks the remote out the window.
Once Upon A Crime After realising there's a matchbook that links him to a murder scene, Augie Morasco attempts to eat it (great slapstick scene with John Candy and Jim Belushi)
Parenthood Near the end, when Frank tells his grandson Cool that Larry (Cool's dad) has gone away (ostensibly for just a short time), and Cool asks if he'll be back, and Frank deadpans, "No."

Driving Miss Daisey at the end when Hoke is feeding Miss Daisey the pie

The Wizzird of Oz Elvira Gulch on her Bicycle (The music in that scene)and auntie Emm "for fourty years, Iv'e wanted to tell you what I think of you and now ,being a Christain woman, I can't say it" ! Love that line
one more yhen I'll quit
Fried Green Tomatos " TAWANDA"
P.S. I love Jessica Tandy

All of these are great!!! Ghost especially!!! The scene that sticks with me though is the one with the penny, and tells Oda Mae to tell (Demi Moore can't think of her name in the movie!!!) her it's for luck. And those tears she has falling, AYE! Gets me!
And others not mentioned:
Cold Mountain: When Inman dies. I cry cry cry CRY everytime. My favorite movie!
Pretty Woman: When Vivian tells Edward when he asks what happens when the knight rescues her? She rescues him right back! WHEW!!
Gone with the Wind: The ending scene, when Rhett walks away, after telling Scarlet, Frankly my dear I don't give a damn. And she is determined to go back to Tara. EVERYTIME I see this, I always WISH WISH WISH Rhett would STAY!!!!
How to Lose a Guy in Ten Days: Where Matthew McConaughey takes off his shirt! GOOD-ness!!!!! :love:

Back