Interesting Indirectly Days related

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soaphead

Reaction score
I was watching Kathie Lee and Hoda and someone sorry can't remember her name she is on the show does entertainment news I believe.. It was strange before she started she said "Am I on the air"? She was afraid to even say it. She said if you want to start a Twitter war just mention something against Chris Brown (the singer that beat up his singer girlfriend a few years back right before the Grammy telecast) She said all kinds of tweets come in defending him and saying stuff like "Chris Brown can beat me anytime" She was talking about how society is ,mostly the young fans who do NOT really truly understand.

The reason I find this interesting is Today is on NBC/Sony and thinking about the mess that is EJ/Sami ...I can't help but wonder. Was this woman speaking her opinion...will NBC Sony be upset with her...what about Days It was on todays episode if anyone wants to check it out .. short segment for entertaiment news.

I wrote this as an FYI. I am not trying to start a war lol. This reminds me of how at fan events fans would yell" rape me Todd/Luke" These people have no real clue as to what abuse is. :( ...or maybe they do and do not realize its not the norm.

Edit to correct name ...mind out to lunch

did she really get bobby brown confused with chris brown?

i dont think the higher ups see sami and ej in the same like so they wont even care.

It's a disturbing trend to see younger generations thinking that type of thing is laughable and/or tolerable. Days (I don't watch any other NBC shows, so I can't express an educated opinion on their content in this regard) is sending a very dangerous message. "Yes, it's okay if he abuses me, he's hot and he'll support me and my kids by various baby-daddy's later in my life." or "It'll be fine if I smack her around, she'll come around eventually and grow to love me." I'm sure there are younger viewers who know the difference, but if just one does not, Days is certainly not helping them to understand what a healthy relationship should be.

Yes, it certainly is a sad sight to see and to hear young women tweeting, screaming, blogging, etc about support for Chris Brown with comments like, "He can hit me anytime, he's hot". These young girls who make statements like these do not think about what they are really saying and the implications of what these statements really mean. Whether meant or not, it really sets back all the hard work people have done to speak out against violence towards women and being that it was just International Women's Day on March 8, I see a need to make this message much more strong and vocal to get the message through to these young women putting men like Chris Brown on a pedestal!!! Not on just ONE day a year but speaking out against violence towards women and EVERYONE always.

Here is a toast to all of you good women out there!! Be strong, proud and stand up for yourselves with pride!!

WOMEN...............WOOOT!!!! WOOT!!!!

It's very disturbing. I even get disturbed over people now rooting for the fictional bad guy ,that is, if it is overly passionate .
I watch wrestling and yes I know its predetermined and is "entertainment" but when people root for the cheater ,the liar bad guy and spin it as such a way that they think they actually deserve the win and that that is the way real life should be its also disturbing.

There are a lot of disturbing things out there. I just saw a thing on Facebook (don't know if it was real or just a joke....doesn't matter because it's SICK) that showed a picture of a young woman with a sign that "If I get 200 likes I'll keep the baby". Seriously??? That is downright disgusting.

But, those tweets about Chris Brown are about as bad and people commenting on YouTube "EJ can rape me anytime" under the video of his infamous scenes with Sami in the car. People joking or making comments about violence and abuse this way is appalling.

Yes, I too am disturbed by how society seems to blame Rihanna and give Brown a free pass. I no longer listen to his music. The same goes for Sami-EJ. I will not watch the show live or DVR until they get it off air. It disturbs me how many people my age are into the whole "bad boy" thing. I've seen lots of people talk about how they want a bad boy, then complain that their boyfriend isn't honest with them, cheats on them, etc. The mentality these days seems to be "good guys finish last". I feel like the odd one out, of my friends, because I want a good, honest guy. But I digress. It's disturbing indeed. And maybe this mentality has something to do with rising divorce rates.

And I have read James Scott (EJ) fans say the same thing “that he can rape them anytime”. It not only a dangerous message but the younger generation isn’t being taught respect for anyone! There are people that have been traumatized for the rest of their lives because someone raped them and people are tweeting and face booking and making a joke out of it. SAD…

I once read about a police woman talking to a group of high school students about rape. One of the girls told the police woman that if a woman gets pregnant then then the guy truly loved her because babies are only formed if love is involved. She was thunderstruck by that!

The HIGH-SCHOOL girls were arguing with her that rape=love as long as the guy isn't fat or gross.
UN.....BELIEVABLE!!!! A response like that just further cements the need for more education and that kind of education is the responsibility of the PARENTS and because we all know parents do not always have the kind of discussions that should happen in the home, this is why these type of discussions and education SHOULD be taught by teachers. Issues like these are a shared respoonsibility but I believe the responsibility starts within the home but too often it is left up to the teachers to do the parenting. I have the highest respect for teachers and they have one of the toughest jobs.

I am seriously stunned by the response and arguement that ensued. :cry:

I am also appalled by the reaction to EJ (and chris Brown). These women don't understand that rape is not sex, its POWER and anger and resembles NOTHING of sex or attraction. With stories like EJ and Sami, it puts rape and abuse in a different light...it is romanticized and that is SO WRONG! I don't understand how the writers/NBC/Sony (or whoever is responsible) can put this on air.

I have to admit, when I was young (19 or 20) I wore a whistle on my key chain. I called it my Rape whistle and said I keep blowing it and nothing ever happens. Ok, I was young, immature and didn't understand. Mom never mentioned such things...figured if we didn't talk about it, it didn't happen. That was nearly 40 years ago. I know my joking was wrong, but I was uneducated and uninformed. I hope I did better with my daughter and she will with her 3 girls!

Sadly, I tend to think that the reason behind Days', NBC's and SONY's lack of concern and justification for continuing this is cycle of abuse relationship is that they believe it will bring in the much desired younger demographics. Even sadder when you consider that its also the age group most at risk for becoming victims in abusive relationships.

Sadly, I tend to think that the reason behind Days', NBC's and SONY's lack of concern and justification for continuing this is cycle of abuse relationship is that they believe it will bring in the much desired younger demographics. Even sadder when you consider that its also the age group most at risk for becoming victims in abusive relationships.
I agree...and I've posted that many times. It's all about the money and ratings...they don't care one iota about the message, just get those numbers. And of course, the two actors involved in that storyline will say anything to justify their sick relationship, and they are inserted in other s/ls to cement their close ties even more. It is sad because so many young women look up to Ms Sweeney (Sami) as a role model, especially after her weight loss and work ethic .... as Sami they see her as a beautiful woman who can handle and accept anything that comes her way, even the rape, abuse, and crimes inflicted upon her and her family....just shrug it all off and bring the rapist back into her bed, it's "love." Unfortunately, young women who can relate to Sami see the romanticized version of this rape relationship and convince themselves that "true love" is still possible even through all of Sami & EJ's past insanity...sadly, the wrong message has been sent and received.

The real problem is that this is not the fist time that TIIC have had this happen. Its happened each and every time that they've attempted this pairing. They NEVER learn, and this time its even worse with their Lock, Stock and Barrel, no matter the consequences approach. They burned bridges with a large number of fans through that SOD interview and bias shown by NBC and Days twitter accounts. Their dismissive attitude towards the issues of Rape and Abuse are unprecedented for this day and age.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back