Interview w/Corday re: new writer

This dude really has no idea what we want. Rafe & Hope a "rootable couple"? On what planet!? Moreover, he is now saying there will be ANOTHER murder mystery all while critiquing the past 3 writing regimes for being too dark?

This will be the fourth summer in a row where the storylines are just "muddled" through from the old regime to make way for a supposedly-better autumn. I have hope, but I want better DAYS to get here already!

To be fair here, the murder mystery was began by the previous writing team. And since we know that Days has been renewed, the interview was BEFORE that happened.

That said........there are MANY viewers who like Rafe & Hope together. If you think about it, there really isn't another guy around with whom Hope could have a meaningful relationship. Well, there is Roman, but I just do not think Days would go there. Aiden was a good bet, but, for some reason, they threw the character under the bus AGAIN.

We all like/dislike various pairings. Look how some like Chad & Abby, and others like Chad & Gabi. Me, I probably would have liked Gabi with Dario, only they made him her brother. LOLOL

He lost me at "Rafe and Hope are a root-for couple." Root-for to get hit by a train, maybe.

Meanwhile we won't see Ron's full stories until THE FALL!??

I'm calling it (without bold bet) that the show won't hit 55. If they can't slow down the production schedule, they can't fix what's wrong for too long. It's been months since this hiring was announced, and it will have been nearly a YEAR by the time we see full effect.

And I'm sorry, but they tinkered with the murder mystery? Great, it won't make sense, like when the writers switched and Kate was revealed to be the Tatenapper. :angry:

Dear JasonD....the new writer hiring was announced just a month ago, 3rd week in Jan. See the thread in Front Page forum...Huge breaking news.lol Smile, my friend!!!!

He lost me at "Rafe and Hope are a root-for couple."

Same here. And if we are supposed to be watching couples Mr. Corday wants to see, then bring back Sami for Rafe because at one point he was all about them.

"The viewers have made it very clear to us that they want to see certain characters with other characters, and he’s listening and I’m listening and we’re going to try to implement that." -- I'll believe this when it's announced that Shawn-Douglas and Isabella Black Brady are returning to Salem permanently, Eric and Nicole are slowly put back together as are Brady and Chloe.

As long as Deimos is the victim in the murder mystery coming up, I am up for it. I also really don't care who actually takes him out, I just want him gone.

I'm still not crazy about Rafe and Hope as a couple, but I do agree with Poirot that there just are not any other options available right now for either of them. The other men that I could see Hope with are Steve, John, or Shane, and they are all taken, or Justin, but Justin has a better pairing with either Adrienne or Eve if she comes back. Mike is her cousin, so even if they brought him back that would not work. Rafe really only has Nicole or Chloe onscreen right now, but they are involved in other stories. If Sami is his only other option, I would rather see Rafe alone than have her back on the show.

He lost me at "Rafe and Hope are a root-for couple." Root-for to get hit by a train, maybe.

:rotfl:

And if we are supposed to be watching couples Mr. Corday wants to see, then bring back Sami for Rafe because at one point he was all about them.

Please let this be some shred of hope that Hope and Rafe will not last!

"The viewers have made it very clear to us that they want to see certain characters with other characters, and he’s listening and I’m listening and we’re going to try to implement that."

I'll believe that when they free Hope from Rafe.

Previously, I didn't mind the pairing of Hope and Rafe, and if written well, could still be on board with these two. HOWEVER, I did get turned off by the propping up of Hope and Rafe while the gang were in Prague. Yes, Rafe has been a target of the DiMeras, but others that were there, like, Kayla, Marlena, Patch. They've had many more bad experiences and so have others in Salem so I think that whole Stefano mystery should've included more cast members that have had a longer history in dealing with Stefano. Put Rafe in there but just not in the "as important category". I preferred Hope with the Aiden that first came on the show, not what he was turned into.

IF Sami were to return, I'd also like her and Rafe to get back together, as this was the time when I enjoyed seeing growth in the her character and was more tolerable. There was a time when Rafe was written to be so smart and over the last few years he has lost his FBI wits and suspicions. He was one character that no one seemed to be able to dupe. I miss that Rafe.

The thing is, folks, this is Corday. Yes, he owns the show, but it does seem he pays little attention to it, and doesn't even seem to watch it. In the past, when he made statements, we were always cautioned to take it with a grain of salt. At times, one needed the whole salt truck. He really speaks in vague terms, and certainly did in this interview. In MY Opinion.

I feel he just is not there on the set every day, doesn't really know what goes on, etc. That was not the case with his parents, but thus he does not have his fingers on the pulse of the viewers, or the direction of the show. That is left up to others.

And it is why I always find his interviews interesting.....at times, entertaining. LOL

This interview had to be done within 2 weeks of the announcement that Carvilatti had been hired and immediately put to work. The fact that Sheri Anderson also had been hired as creative consultant, with co-headwriter Quan given the same position, leads me to believe that a lot was going on during the 2 mos. off.

Also.....seems to me, Corday talks of filming for 39 weeks, being off for 13. Well, the show does take 1 week per month off. But last year, they took off 4 or 5 weeks in March, and then the 2 months "holidays hiatus" in Nov./Dec. These were additional weeks. Does seem like more that 13 weeks of "not filming" last year...........yet here they are, still wayyyy ahead in filming shows. About 6 mos.

Gotta say, I am going to trust Carvilatti, and Sheri Anderson. And ...yep, still stand by the salt truck if and when there is any further comments from Mr. Corday. :)

I trust Ryan Quan too-- I think he will be a good champion for the 90s and 00s characters. I really think that Dena Higley has been the primary person at the helm this past year, not him. It's pretty obvious from the repetitive stories, lack of payoff, and focus on characters she has openly stated are her favorites.

I'd rather just have both of them be single, if that was the case. Of course, I totally think Nicole & Rafe are doable, but the writers just need to make it happen. They'd have an enormous fanbase, I think.

Problem with a Nicole and Rafe pairing is neither of them would be tied to a core family on the show. That's a recipe for long term backburner.

IF Sami were to return, I'd also like her and Rafe to get back together, as this was the time when I enjoyed seeing growth in the her character and was more tolerable. There was a time when Rafe was written to be so smart and over the last few years he has lost his FBI wits and suspicions. He was one character that no one seemed to be able to dupe. I miss that Rafe.

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

I don't want to see Rafe single for too long as last time that happened he ended up in an extra long coma. It's clear that TPTB like the actor who plays Rafe as judged by him doing PR for the show all the time and the fact that he survives different regimes. If this were any other actor, he would have been written out with this type of storyline treatment. If Sami were to come back with EJ completely out of her system for good, then I'd be ok with her and Rafe reconciling. Have the show set it up that EJ faked his death and then helped Kristen fake hers too as revenge on Marlena. But by no means should EJ return too.

Back